FM22 Liverpool Thread - Bow down to the KING!

Staf9

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got the switch version yesterday, already completed a ridiculous season, invincible centurion in the league largely due to accidentally making a tactic that counters Guardiolas. Signed Kamara, Mukiele, Musiala, Madueke and Angelino season 1. Musiala is being developed into Thiago's replacement, Angelino replaced Tsimikas and the other 3 are depth. Season 2 Mukiele leaves for twice the price as I bring in James, Palhinha, Bellingham and third choice Joao Felix, because for some reason Lewandowski would rather go to city on less money and Haaland wants way too much.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone had success training Elliott as a CM?

Just started playing again, and he doesnt have enough stamina or pace to play on the wing imo. So hoping to train him as a CM, really need to work on his defensive side tho.

On 15/04/2022 at 03:25, jmc1980 said:

Just into my second season. Needing a RB to challenge Trent. Ideas?

First season i got Vagnoman for 3.1m. Mainly because i can sell him on for a profit later when Neco Williams comes back from loan to be my backup RB.

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/05/2022 at 20:32, Siven said:

Anyone had success training Elliott as a CM?

Just started playing again, and he doesnt have enough stamina or pace to play on the wing imo. So hoping to train him as a CM, really need to work on his defensive side tho.

His lack of pace concerns me, that's the reason why i  train him as an AP on attack now.

On 15/04/2022 at 13:49, RageMaster said:

@jmc1980If you want a youngster to develop a little, have a look at Calvin Ramsey who starts at Aberdeen or if you want someone who is a little more developed but still young, look at Wilfried Singo of Torino. 

Maybe a little too late but Nahuel Molina from Udinese looks quiet good and only cost around £8.5 mil.

Advice needed. I have sign Haaland for 125m on 400k per week or Mbappe for Free on 350k end of first season. Which would you pick?

Edited by dsouthy

3 hours ago, dsouthy said:

Advice needed. I have sign Haaland for 125m on 400k per week or Mbappe for Free on 350k end of first season. Which would you pick?

Depends on your transferbudget but Mbappe earns less and is for free, it's a no brainer to me. They are both crazy good in the game so you can't go wrong.

Well it got decided for me. City came in and bidded £146m for Haaland. I have offload 400k in wages and looks like i can get Mbappe for 325K and free. If it doesn't work out sure I can sell for 80m+ o either way its worth a chance, should make some money either way.

On 15/04/2022 at 12:49, RageMaster said:

@jmc1980If you want a youngster to develop a little, have a look at Calvin Ramsey who starts at Aberdeen or if you want someone who is a little more developed but still young, look at Wilfried Singo of Torino. 

Jurgen, is that you?

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, jmc1980 said:

Now into Season 3 and need a new GK. Got a couple of newgens but they are very meh. Any ideas peoples?

Why do you need a new GK?

Isn't Ali still only about 30-31? Surely he has at least 4 more seasons at the top. Kelleher should be a more than reliable backup. Giving you time to find, train and promote a newgen

2 minutes ago, kopfan1977 said:

Why do you need a new GK?

Isn't Ali still only about 30-31? Surely he has at least 4 more seasons at the top. Kelleher should be a more than reliable backup. Giving you time to find, train and promote a newgen

I've already sold Kellher. Got like an offer of 50 mil so I couldn't say no. I'm definitely not getting rid of Ali. maybe ill just stick with a newgen as my backup 

• 1 month later...

So I let the game run for 1 year, to give Jurgen a farewell season (where we finish 2nd to a rampant City), before taking charge. It's an ageing 1st team I've inherited, that has made zero purchases in the season before, so there will need to be a few superstar U23 recruitments made...so off I go into the market and notice that Mbappe has run his contract down. Lovely! I make a huge bid - as do Man City. Then I notice that they've also already bid £109m+ add-ons for Haaland.

Mbappe chooses City (having just done the treble, it's not a big surprise really), and so I sense an opportunity to take Haaland, as surely now they've pumped a huge contract into Kylian they'll not want 2 players on over £400k a week on their books, especially if one of them is also costing them £130m (when the add-ons are triggered). But they do.

So I now live in a world where City have both Mbappe & Haaland. I may go back in for Messi (£30m + an even bigger salary than those other 2), but that will annoy the board as he's well over their U23 recruitment policy. So it's time to get creative.

Challenge accepted.

Edit. I'm playing this on the Steam Deck and it runs great. Adding logos and real names was a bit of a faff, but it's a 1-time job. The battery life is excellent when you're browsing pages and tabs (around 7hrs with a few tweaks to some settings, none of which impact performance), and not too bad during matches.

Edited by rich10

• 2 weeks later...

So with the budget I had I brought in:

Bastoni for £70m (rising to £78m) on £350k a week for 5 years.

Pedri for £85m (rising to £102m) on £350k a week for 5 years.

Adam Hlozek for £6.5m (rising to £7.5m) on £65k for 4 years.

I sold:

Adrian for £1.2m

Grujic for £7.75m

Minamino for £20m

Keita for £42m

Rhys Williams for £2m

Ben Davies for £4m

Origi for £16.5m

Having missed out on both Mbappe and Haaland I decided to stick with Jota & Firmino for this season, with Hlozek as back-up, learning from those pair. He will eventually become my 1st team striker as he looks to have a lot of potential (wonderkid) and good base stats.

I'm currently joint top with City after 6 games, with both of us drawing our game 4-4 at the Etihad. Salah has 9 goals and 5 assists in the league (12 in all comps - which amounts to 7 appearances) and is unbelievable in most matches. Trent's made the most key passes in the league so far (27) and Pedri has settled into the AMC-support role nicely, providing 4 goals and 2 assists so far. I think I'll let him roam from his position in our home matches though, so he avoids the DMC sat between the lines. Bastoni, meanwhile, has been a rock alongside Virgil. He bonded with the squad almost instantly with his personality making him a good fit for the dressing room. At 23 I see him and Konate/Gomez as the future of my defence after Virgil decides to hang up his boots.

A highlight of the season so far is a 6-1 battering of PSG at home where we went 3-0 up after 10 mins and we restricted them to 5 shots (2 on target) all game.

Edited by rich10

So Nov 8th for the release of FM23.

this always brings my interest back into saves. Soritoutsi have a DB update that has the future transfer dates added so you can start and holiday a save to start in season 2 of FM22. worth a go to sort a final save before the new game

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/09/2022 at 18:28, EnigMattic1 said:

Any of our new youngsters that we have high hopes for in-game?

ben doak would be the one for me. i'd hope to see Bobby Clark, Kaide Gordon get decent level PA. maybe Cannonier might as well. 

would like to see Morton, Van Den Berg get 140-150PA to be decent potential squad options 

8 hours ago, Staf9 said:

ben doak would be the one for me. i'd hope to see Bobby Clark, Kaide Gordon get decent level PA. maybe Cannonier might as well. 

would like to see Morton, Van Den Berg get 140-150PA to be decent potential squad options 

Some good shouts there. Cannonier has been scoring for fun recently un the u18's. I'm curious about Trent Kone-Doherty if he makes the game. Lot of hype surrounding him.

4 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Some good shouts there. Cannonier has been scoring for fun recently un the u18's. I'm curious about Trent Kone-Doherty if he makes the game. Lot of hype surrounding him.

yeah i'm not sure of his age at the cut off date for the game, he is 16 now but only turned that at the end of june. might be old enough to make it in. but i'd be surprised if he got above a -7.5 -8 rating. think you might see Doak and Gordon get -9 with clark 8.5 and cannonier a -8. 

not sure on others. Mabaya has potential IRL but in game they wont over rate too many on one team. you'd hope what you lose in PA you might get improvement in the CA at the start. 

3 minutes ago, diddydaddydoddy said:

If anyone has any opinions on CA/PA ratings and attributes or factual corrections to the LFC DB - I am always happy to take it on board.

no i generally feel its not far wrong. i think when it comes to liverpool ratings we do have the rose tinted glasses on at times. even at the moment while i think Doak and Gordon are the 2 that could break through i would be shocked if they dont make -9pa. 

3 minutes ago, diddydaddydoddy said:

Can’t give too much away but I’ve been looking very close at Koumas and Clark as well. It’s too early in the season right now to make sweeping changes but hopefully there progression arc is encouraging

I think, the hardest part is always going to be PA. Everyone will have a different opinion and, as with most things, you can't please everyone. Although, CA could also fall into that category too.

1 minute ago, EnigMattic1 said:

I think, the hardest part is always going to be PA. Everyone will have a different opinion and, as with most things, you can't please everyone. Although, CA could also fall into that category too.

i think with CA you cant get too carried away with players between 15-17 unless they are dominating they're age group and above. you have to be realistic with the stats. always very surprised when i seen a youth product with over 110 CA. 

i'd be interested to see a development stat added into the game as a hidden stat like injury proness. higher the stat the quicker a player will develope but have it random 

or maybe have a few more random PA's where the player could be anything from his current CA to 200 

13 minutes ago, diddydaddydoddy said:

Can’t give too much away but I’ve been looking very close at Koumas and Clark as well. It’s too early in the season right now to make sweeping changes but hopefully there progression arc is encouraging

yeah didnt want to mention Koumas as hes only really on the scene this season. Clark was very highly rated when we got him. think they might be ones that get updated more in later updates as the season goes

One of the frustrations I get is if player A has 2/3 good games then some want his CA/PA/attributes immediately increasing. The reality is performance and subsequent increases need to be over a sustained period. 
PA is especially difficult as it’s less tangible so you draw on your own experience, the players skill set, physicality, recognition etc. A few years ago you’d probably expect Adam’s Morgan and Pepper to end up being solid EPL players in the future when they were teenagers. I prob would have scored their PAs quite high myself if I was the researcher at the time

1 minute ago, Staf9 said:

i think with CA you cant get too carried away with players between 15-17 unless they are dominating they're age group and above. you have to be realistic with the stats. always very surprised when i seen a youth product with over 110 CA. 

i'd be interested to see a development stat added into the game as a hidden stat like injury proness. higher the stat the quicker a player will develope but have it random 

or maybe have a few more random PA's where the player could be anything from his current CA to 200 

Injury proness is a funny one. In my Valour save, there was a player who "is known to be prone to injuries" and, in real life, he gets a fair few knocks, but I had him go a season and a half without even a minor injury.

Just now, diddydaddydoddy said:

One of the frustrations I get is if player A has 2/3 good games then some want his CA/PA/attributes immediately increasing. The reality is performance and subsequent increases need to be over a sustained period. 
PA is especially difficult as it’s less tangible so you draw on your own experience, the players skill set, physicality, recognition etc. A few years ago you’d probably expect Adam’s Morgan and Pepper to end up being solid EPL players in the future when they were teenagers. I prob would have scored their PAs quite high myself if I was the researcher at the time

I remember all the hype surrounding Pepper. Even Gerrard was singing his praises. Last I heard, he was playing non-league in Wales or something like that.

1 minute ago, diddydaddydoddy said:

Agree. for every Aguero there's a Kerlon

1 minute ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Injury proness is a funny one. In my Valour save, there was a player who "is known to be prone to injuries" and, in real life, he gets a fair few knocks, but I had him go a season and a half without even a minor injury.

It’s difficult to replicate Milner's injury record in the sense he may get a lot of injuries but his recovery isn’t usually prolonged

6 minutes ago, diddydaddydoddy said:

Doak definitely looks special so far and i think Gordon probably keeps his ratings from FM22. Clark, Koumas, Cannonier, Kone-Doherty possibly get mid range potential. Bajcetic could see improvement due to his involvement with the first team. 

interested to see what sort of fixed PA morton, VDB, Clarkson get as to whether that could be held onto in early seasons as squad players

• 2 weeks later...

with Real life talk of a squad rebuild being needed for the midfield, what are peoples plans for their saves. makes changes in the first window or turn transfers off. who is your first planned sale and who is your top target to bring in 

3 hours ago, Staf9 said:

with Real life talk of a squad rebuild being needed for the midfield, what are peoples plans for their saves. makes changes in the first window or turn transfers off. who is your first planned sale and who is your top target to bring in 

Honestly? If I go for a Liverpool save this year, I plan on trying to focus on the academy as much as possible. As much as I hate the team (United), I want to try and do something similar to what Ferguson did at United in that he would only sign one or 2 big names a season and look more to bringing through youngsters.

Given that there is now a fit again Elliott and Carvalho in the ranks, I would probably look at using them for the first season as Milner winds down and use the scouts to look for summer '23 replacements. I am also toying with the idea of retraining Firmino.

Outgoings would probably be Keita and, depending on how his season goes injury-wise, Thiago.

2 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Honestly? If I go for a Liverpool save this year, I plan on trying to focus on the academy as much as possible. As much as I hate the team (United), I want to try and do something similar to what Ferguson did at United in that he would only sign one or 2 big names a season and look more to bringing through youngsters.

Given that there is now a fit again Elliott and Carvalho in the ranks, I would probably look at using them for the first season as Milner winds down and use the scouts to look for summer '23 replacements. I am also toying with the idea of retraining Firmino.

Outgoings would probably be Keita and, depending on how his season goes injury-wise, Thiago.

yeah going by DDD posts above there could be a few very good prospects out of the U18's this year that could give an option to build around especially in the forward line. 

i'll be looking at getting rid of Keita, Ox and Milner at the start i think. might see how replaceable they are on the beta and see then for the full save. 

also tempted to have a trent experiment and see how he fairs as a CM

On 23/09/2022 at 13:06, Staf9 said:

Doak definitely looks special so far and i think Gordon probably keeps his ratings from FM22. Clark, Koumas, Cannonier, Kone-Doherty possibly get mid range potential. Bajcetic could see improvement due to his involvement with the first team. 

interested to see what sort of fixed PA morton, VDB, Clarkson get as to whether that could be held onto in early seasons as squad players

However promising these players might seem now, and whatever hype there may be surrounding them, the reality is it’s unlikely any of them become LFC regulars. Of course one or two may do, or one or two may become part of the squad but history shows it’s really hard, and you have to be really really good to become a regular at a top team. 

5 hours ago, Staf9 said:

yeah going by DDD posts above there could be a few very good prospects out of the U18's this year that could give an option to build around especially in the forward line. 

i'll be looking at getting rid of Keita, Ox and Milner at the start i think. might see how replaceable they are on the beta and see then for the full save. 

also tempted to have a trent experiment and see how he fairs as a CM

OX!!! I totally forgot he was still there. Yeah, he will be off too.

I've always been tempted to try TAA as a midfielder. I can see him as a potential holding midfielder too.

On 23/09/2022 at 12:20, diddydaddydoddy said:

If anyone has any opinions on CA/PA ratings and attributes or factual corrections to the LFC DB - I am always happy to take it on board.

Bajectic (overall improvement), Mrozek (overall improvement), Chambers (overall improvement), Konate (overall improvement), Diaz (has good attributes but there is something missing that makes him not perform, maybe hidden stats), Doak (overall improvement), Mabaya (overall improvement), Cannonier (overall improvement), Gordon (overall improvement), 

4 hours ago, guruhd said:

However promising these players might seem now, and whatever hype there may be surrounding them, the reality is it’s unlikely any of them become LFC regulars. Of course one or two may do, or one or two may become part of the squad but history shows it’s really hard, and you have to be really really good to become a regular at a top team. 

ah i know. like if 1 of them makes it at liverpool and 2 or 3 make careers at championship level and up thats a huge success. but this is talking about potential in game. at the moment these are the ones we have high hopes for. 

7 hours ago, Staf9 said:

ah i know. like if 1 of them makes it at liverpool and 2 or 3 make careers at championship level and up thats a huge success. but this is talking about potential in game. at the moment these are the ones we have high hopes for. 

Yeah I get you. It’s tricky isn’t it. I guess many guys have the potential. It’s then as much about their personality as much as anything as to whether they ‘make it’. And of course what we do as managers (in game), to help them. 

I wonder (in game), what proportion of decent Potential players go on to fulfil that potential. 

7 hours ago, Staf9 said:

Goes back to what we were saying about the likes of Adam Pepper. How much of us having high hopes for a player is down to media hype do you think? I also think, if a player is signed from another club at a young age, the transfer fee also plays a part in out expectations.

1 hour ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Goes back to what we were saying about the likes of Adam Pepper. How much of us having high hopes for a player is down to media hype do you think? I also think, if a player is signed from another club at a young age, the transfer fee also plays a part in out expectations.

definitely plays a part. i think Carvalho could be a good example, if we had to actually buy him from fulham as opposed to the development fee the expectation on him would be huge.  

On 05/10/2022 at 09:38, Staf9 said:

definitely plays a part. i think Carvalho could be a good example, if we had to actually buy him from fulham as opposed to the development fee the expectation on him would be huge.  

Technically they did buy him. The transfer fee that they agreed in January was the fee they payed for him this summer despite him then being out of contract.