Scout dedicated, waste of time?

Hi, I have a question: Is it a waste of time and human resources to have a scout dedicated exclusively to scouting players I want, without having an active assignment, or does it have advantages (like going faster).

I'm in a save where I want to scout players from a region that I have in a preselection, and not have them go around bringing me anyone. In the priority list I see that they are scouting the players I want, but in assignments it says that there is no active assignment.

Edited by Darien

But there is no "general scouting rule" because I am the one responsible for the scouting. That box where we indicate the general rule changes to "assignments" if we are responsible. If I go to assignments, they are unassigned.  It is also true that I keep getting players that I don't ask for, even without assignment. 

From my testing in FM21 it had no effect if the scount had a general assignment (e.g. Scouting a country or competition):

Since then a few fellow managers highlighted that higher JPA/JPP/Determination attributes results in probably more players being scouted simultaneously. I wrote "maximum 3"  but I guess above 16 or 18 they might be able to do 4-5 at a time. Obviously nobody from SI going to confirm this (and even after I posted this I saw content creators recommending leaving a "dedicated" scout empty without general assingment to watch transfer targets in their scouting guides). I might do the test again when FM22 fully functions upon the release.