The most frustrating FM yet? Offers for players every week, half of the team unhappy.

Hi All,

Long term lurker, as you can see I don't post much, however I'm becoming frustrated with FM22. I'm into my 8th season (Yes I've hit it hard). I've managed to get Parma into Champs League. I have some top talent yet half of my team want to leave for bigger clubs, its ridiculous. Dynamics is all over the place, without good dynamics ie - players happy then results go out of the window regardless of ability which means i'm having to sell top players for silly cheap to ensure Dynamics is inline to ensure decent results.

Also I'm getting silly offers for atleast 2/3 players every time I click continue. A bug I hope?

Its the most frustrating version of FM yet, I hope all of these issues are bugs otherwise you get to season 5-8 and the game becomes unplayable... 

Anyone else experienced similar issues?

20 minutes ago, SpS_Zen said:

I had to set 'reject all offers' for some players as i was spammed by low amount offers.

The issue is, the players will become unsettled eventually and wont re-sign new contracts.

• Administrators

If you think it's a bug would suggest raising it here so our team can investigate - https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2022-early-access-beta-bugs-forum/transfers-contracts-scouting-recruitment-meetings-and-staff-responsibilities/

Saying that, if you're a successful club with good players you're always liable to attract offers from bigger clubs. It's extremely rare teams can keep players longer term once they reach a certain level, no matter how much success they have. Especially for teams with bigger wage budgets and reputation. It's about managing this in the best way - making sure players sign longer term contracts so if you do need to sell, you can do so for an amount more in line with your expectations. 

Il y a 3 heures, r70lla a dit :

The issue is, the players will become unsettled eventually and wont re-sign new contracts.

But to be honest, this is isn't new. It was similar on fm 20. Im used to it, even if it is annoying when you have a lot of promising/good players and all the big clubs are spamming offers.

Yea it’s a squad building issue because I’m not getting random players complaining lol.

This also can be reversed. If you’re playing a guy that’s just an squad depth but he’s playing like a first 11 regular, he’s more likely to ask for a new contract to reflect his playing time.

2 hours ago, ChelseaSince86 said:

I think part of the issue can also be when signing players or giving new contracts, we accept their request to be an "important player" or "regular starter" just to get them to sign.  Not realising, that failing to stick to the request does lead to a unhappy player

I never do that. I have a wage structure I follow and if a player wants more than what other players with that playing time take I retract my offer I use bonuses to try and reduce it, if they still don't accept, I just walk away and find someone else

5 or 6 seasons in 2 with current club NUFC after winning the league a regen got upset that i rejected a stupid low ball offer from championship strugglers Sheff Utd. This kind of offer isn't even worth my time nevermind then dealing with the fallout. 

Usually I find the best thing is to work out an arrangement with the player where you'll accept a transfer at a particular value, and ensure that value is quite high. 95% of offers will stop, and for those rare ones that don't, you might end up getting a really good deal out of it. Otherwise, as said, they get a lot more offers when in the last year of contract, so it's good to tie them down with lengthier ones, and periodically refresh them.

i just stick a release clause around what i would be willing to accept and don't back down from it, as others have said they will whinge for a bit but once the window closes keep playing them and they usually back down. usually if clubs are that desperate as the window nears deadline day they will come away from silly low ball offers and fire in some massive bids, if not stand your ground if he is on a long contract no need to sell.

This is always an issue with a successful team from a lower reputation league and when your players start to get attention, the big English and European clubs come calling with ridiculous offers.  I also set an asking price at which I might be prepared to look at an offer and negotiate when a lowball offer comes in.  The players can sometimes get upset, but I usually play hardball and refuse to budge and they will normally settle down.  When the squad complain, tell them that all decisions are for the good of the club and they usually will accept it

2 hours ago, Fettucine_Alfredo said:

Unhappiness has been an issue for a few FMs now. In this one it's no different (mayvbe worse). It's insane, it's a human resources game.

Managers have to deal with this in real life, hence why it's in the game. It's part of the strategy of the game. I'm quite sure managers in real life get annoyed with players approaching them moaning about this and that. It's all about how you deal with it. The mode isn't perfect, with so many variables involved it's difficult to get 100% right, but you can diffuse most situations easily enough.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, SpS_Zen said:

Just for the last day, i had around 40 offers. I had to click "Reject" may be 30 times. As frazt said, it's the downside of being a sucessfull low reputation team.

20211109103018_1.thumb.jpg.5d1cecb7945e469baae12ea8bd2df0c3.jpg

Could really do with a save game prior to the offers coming in so we can investigate further. If you can create a thread here and provide a save game, letting us know the file name it'd be really helpful - https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2022-bugs-forum/transfers-contracts-scouting-recruitment-meetings-and-staff-responsibilities/

Details on how to provide a save game here - https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/instructions-and-notes/how-to-upload-files-to-us-r98/

Thanks. 

3 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Managers have to deal with this in real life, hence why it's in the game. It's part of the strategy of the game. I'm quite sure managers in real life get annoyed with players approaching them moaning about this and that. It's all about how you deal with it. The mode isn't perfect, with so many variables involved it's difficult to get 100% right, but you can diffuse most situations easily enough.

I’m starting to wonder about how are some people setting their manager’s ratings.  If you don’t want to really deal with stuff like this, the first thing you should be maximizing are attributes that deal with motivation and man management. It would be ridiculous to say players are unhappy too much while starting with no rep or badges at a top club or overachieve with those settings with a low tier club and say players want to leave too much because your stats can’t handle their new found ambition.

Le 09/11/2021 à 11:36, Neil Brock a dit :

Could really do with a save game prior to the offers coming in so we can investigate further. If you can create a thread here and provide a save game, letting us know the file name it'd be really helpful - https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2022-bugs-forum/transfers-contracts-scouting-recruitment-meetings-and-staff-responsibilities/

Details on how to provide a save game here - https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/instructions-and-notes/how-to-upload-files-to-us-r98/

Thanks. 

Luckly i have the automatic backup save just when this mercato started. Given i have done nothing more than reject all offers in january, you should be able to reproduce the situation easily.

Topic in the bug forum