Player too easily unhappy about playing time?

I have case where my players are given their expected playing time / above their agreed playing time yet they are concerned or unhappy about the playing time.

For eg, i have mbappe playing for my man utd 38(7) games - Actual playing time: star player, agreed time: star player, expected time: star player yet he is unhappy becoz he was rested for the final 2 epl games which i had already won the epl and is preparing him for a UCL final.

same time another eg goes for varane 32(1) games - actual: important player, agreed: regular, expected: important yet he is also concerned. There are many other players who are having such concern but all had been given their expected time through rotation. 

I mean it is understandable that mbappe etc star player would expect to play most of the game but due to their physical condition and sometime cup games which is less important, they are rested or rotated, should they be so easily unhappy due to such situation?

40 minutes ago, MilanFM said:

I have case where my players are given their expected playing time / above their agreed playing time yet they are concerned or unhappy about the playing time.

For eg, i have mbappe playing for my man utd 38(7) games - Actual playing time: star player, agreed time: star player, expected time: star player yet he is unhappy becoz he was rested for the final 2 epl games which i had already won the epl and is preparing him for a UCL final.

same time another eg goes for varane 32(1) games - actual: important player, agreed: regular, expected: important yet he is also concerned. There are many other players who are having such concern but all had been given their expected time through rotation. 

I mean it is understandable that mbappe etc star player would expect to play most of the game but due to their physical condition and sometime cup games which is less important, they are rested or rotated, should they be so easily unhappy due to such situation?

There have been a lot of posts on this subject. Some have been obvious bugs e.g. player just back from injury. However any concerns should be raised in the bugs forum ideally with saves uploaded before the players get upset. This way SI can see if its an issue or just a game feature for specific circumstances

16 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Are they actually unhappy though, or does it just show 'concerned' next to the playing time pathway. If so, I've always treated that as a pre-concern to make sure you keep an eye on it. 

multiple players are usually concerned under dynamics on playing time. but the mbappe case that i had on missing the 2 final epl games when i already won the epl and is preparing for an upcoming ucl final is quite weird i feel.

furthermore the talk, there isnt any reasonable options i can tell him that will make him happy (except for promise to let him play regular) which i already did so i dont see why i should make him a promise.. the other option is to say sell him (he will back down).

9 minutes ago, MrPompey said:

There have been a lot of posts on this subject. Some have been obvious bugs e.g. player just back from injury. However any concerns should be raised in the bugs forum ideally with saves uploaded before the players get upset. This way SI can see if its an issue or just a game feature for specific circumstances

I see, will head over there and see what i can do.

Edited by MilanFM

32 minutes ago, MilanFM said:

furthermore the talk, there isnt any reasonable options i can tell him that will make him happy (except for promise to let him play regular) which i already did so i dont see why i should make him a promise.. the other option is to say sell him (he will back down).

This is where a lot of people unnecessarily panic about these things. Mbappe is presumably going to continue to be a key player for you moving forward. There is no need to even speak to him about this. Once he starts playing again, any concerns or pre-concerns just melt away. The way I always deal with these things is to wait until the player actually requests a meeting with you. If it gets to that stage, then yes, on occasion you will need to make promises. But before then, you can pretty much just ignore it. It's just a heads up to let you know that if you continue to leave him out, it will escalate. 

3 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

This is where a lot of people unnecessarily panic about these things. Mbappe is presumably going to continue to be a key player for you moving forward. There is no need to even speak to him about this. Once he starts playing again, any concerns or pre-concerns just melt away. The way I always deal with these things is to wait until the player actually requests a meeting with you. If it gets to that stage, then yes, on occasion you will need to make promises. But before then, you can pretty much just ignore it. It's just a heads up to let you know that if you continue to leave him out, it will escalate. 

yup, for those just having concern i leave it although i do feel it weird that most of them are getting the playing time as agreed or expected.

But for mbappe case, he is unhappy for missing the last 2 games and ask to speak which i tried all options to test but only option to make him happy is promise or to sell him.  i go with choosing to sell him (which he backed down) because i do not see why i need to make a promise since i had played him most of the time during the season and we are now left with just one final ucl game of the season.

Expected playing time is next 5 games. You didn’t need to talk to him. Just play as a star in the next 5 games. He’s concerned because out of the last 5 games he only played 3. Or if you were prompted to talk to him just promise to play him. Based on the last 5 games, that wasn’t your case.

1 hour ago, MilanFM said:

But for mbappe case, he is unhappy for missing the last 2 games and ask to speak

See, I've never had that scenario after a player has missed just two games, but then I've never managed Mbappe before, maybe it's hardcoded into him that he'll react after such a short time out. 

Regardless, I'd be raising that as a bug, that level of interaction should never be happening as quickly as that. 

7 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

See, I've never had that scenario after a player has missed just two games, but then I've never managed Mbappe before, maybe it's hardcoded into him that he'll react after such a short time out. 

Regardless, I'd be raising that as a bug, that level of interaction should never be happening as quickly as that. 

I doubt that’s a bug. He’s unhappy for missing the last 2 games he was available for no apparent reason. Especially if he wasn’t dead tired and just couldn’t play. However, you should be able to talk to players and suggest rest. This option is only available when a player is jaded. That’s the missing link.

49 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I suppose we're expecting too much. Ideally, the AI would allow Mbappe to infer that he's being left out of unimportant & meaningless games because he's a star player who is being rested. Unfortunately, we're not there yet. I'm not certain but isn't there an option to tell a player that you're going to rest him? That's what a manager would do in real life. I've read footballer autobiographies we're they've moaned about being rested for games so it's not wholly unrealistic.