Is it possible to make a DM transition into a CD?

So basically I want to play a 4-3-3 DM WB Wide but I want to get my DM to drop down to a CB in transition when we get the ball. I'm also looking for ways to make my two other CBs to operate like wide centre-backs when this happen. Any ideas on how to make this happen? 

Added a picture with fancy red arrows for reference.

Skjermbilde (1)_LI.jpg

Edited by SmoothKiminal
Spelling.

7 minutes ago, SmoothKiminal said:

I want to get my DM to drop down to a CB in transition when we get the ball

Not sure that precise movement is possible. The role that drops between the CBs is the halfback, but he'll typically drop when you're defending. When you have the ball, he'll look to move forward to support the midfield. If your GK has the ball, telling him to distribute to the DM should get the DM to drop towards the keeper, I think.

As an alternative, you could move that DM into a back 3 as a libero, which would also allow you to play the LCB and RCB as WCBs. Generally in FM, it's easier to get a deeper player to move forward than the opposite.

You might try both approaches and see which gives you the movement you're looking for.

(Top CGI work, BTW :))

13 minutes ago, warlock said:

Not sure that precise movement is possible. The role that drops between the CBs is the halfback, but he'll typically drop when you're defending. When you have the ball, he'll look to move forward to support the midfield. If your GK has the ball, telling him to distribute to the DM should get the DM to drop towards the keeper, I think.

As an alternative, you could move that DM into a back 3 as a libero, which would also allow you to play the LCB and RCB as WCBs. Generally in FM, it's easier to get a deeper player to move forward than the opposite.

You might try both approaches and see which gives you the movement you're looking for.

(Top CGI work, BTW :))

Good shout about the libero, I will definitively try that and see how it works. I've been wanting this movement for a long time in FM and thought it might be doable with the new WCB position. Thanks!

The CGI blew my entire budget for the season but totally worth it!

5 hours ago, warlock said:

Not sure that precise movement is possible. The role that drops between the CBs is the halfback, but he'll typically drop when you're defending. When you have the ball, he'll look to move forward to support the midfield.

It's the other-way round. He drops into the defensive line during the build-phase/early transition phase. Out of possession, he operates like a normal DMC/Anchorman.