Pressing high with 442. Is it possible?

Pep and other managers (like Arteta) have used 442 defensive shape to press high and win the ball up the pitch. In fm it's a bit harder, due to how deep the formation is.

In essence what I want to achieve is

• my two strikers pressing on the opposition cb. This is achieved easily either by oi or more urgent team instructions
  • My wingers using the full backs as pressing triggers. 
  • my two cm to press the double pivot or when vs a 433 one of my cm to press the single pivot.  

Another issue. Is it possible to get my wingers to press the outside cbs in a back 3/5 and then have my full backs press their wing backs? I think i'm probably asking too much of the game in this regard. 

Also not sure what to use in terms of loe and dl. CUrrently on standard loe and higher defensive line. 

I still play FM 21. I did try a pressing 4-4-2 through two different ways: the first one was with a "split block" using individual instructions, the second one used High DL, High LOE and two Pressing Fowards (one on Support, the other on Attack) on Positive mentality. But I was not satisfied with the results, the team attacked badly and was even worst in defence so I did try something else.

However I will be looking into this topic with interest as I believe the 4-4-2 gives us a good defensive shape so it would be nice to see a pressing system working on it.

5 minutes ago, Tsuru said:

I still play FM 21. I did try a pressing 4-4-2 through two different ways: the first one was with a "split block" using individual instructions, the second one used High DL, High LOE and two Pressing Fowards (one on Support, the other on Attack) on Positive mentality. But I was not satisfied with the results, the team attacked badly and was even worst in defence so I did try something else.

However I will be looking into this topic with interest as I believe the 4-4-2 gives us a good defensive shape so it would be nice to see a pressing system working on it.

I'm also playing fm21, so hoping i'm not limited by the game otherwise i may purchase 22 to see if it is possible on that version 

1 hora atrás, footballconnoisseur disse:

I'm also playing fm21, so hoping i'm not limited by the game otherwise i may purchase 22 to see if it is possible on that version 

I don´t think so. I didn´t buy FM 22, but I have read topics and comments from the people who did and they say it didn´t change a lot in terms of pressing intensity/effect, at least it is not something that would make a 21 system does not work completely on 22 - or work better.

Pressing is never a 1vs1 situation, its basicly a team event where at least one player is providing pressure and others cover the space to cut off passing lanes. While in FM21 pressing was always triggered within a certain distance, FM22 moved on to special events that trigger the press (pressing triggers). I dont know all triggers exactly but they are very much related to real life, like when a player has a bad first touch or a pass is played vertically to a player with the back to the goal. @Rashidihas summed this up well in his thread.

You can also define the areas of the pitch where you want your team to press by changing the defensive width, LOE and DL. So if you particular want to press the wide areas, you should align your witdth.

However, the press is obviously triggered by the closest player to where the event happens. Not by a specific one like Winger vs Fullback eventhough this is very much possible to happpen.