[FM22] A Blaze in the Northern Sky

kingjericho

"A Blaze in the Northern Sky"

71342.jpg

764.png.295a824ceb3a6479d40ccaf79e62aa07.png / 768.png.00570832af33a16d3155a05f50463185.png / 774.png.33a2e37b86193f3eafa2460b2d403762.png / 786.png.51b9b2f8b5095348908987d880a4fe53.png / 797.png.3058dafebec662d5143fdeb280a03a68.png

This will be my FM22 save, a journeyman career along the chilling landscapes of Europe's northern nations. My game setup is this, I have lots of leagues on view only to encourage a bit more realism but I don't want to waste much time processing those leagues because I don't plan to manage outside of my five selected nations. As usual, I will start unemployed and without coaching qualifications and go from there.

129208.png

768.png KPV

Club info / Squad / Finances

175320252_Ykknen_Stages.thumb.png.494140299973777c3d3338b49a791cbc.png

With 8 matches remaining on the regular stage anything can still happen. The league splits into promotion/relegation groups and the remaining calendar gives me time to balance critical results and also start to plan the next season, see who is good enough, who needs to go, and what areas we must improve.

129208.png

768.png KPV - Ykkönen - 2021

League table - when I arrived we were 8th, in the remaining matches of the regular stage we did a 5-3-0 record that put us 2nd and through to the promotion stage.

Promotion stage - we won 5 and lost 1, but TPS came in with a gap enough to maintain the top spot.

Promotion playoff - we almost bottled it with a first leg loss, but we turned it around deservedly for a somewhat unexpected promotion.

Suomen Cup - already out before I arrived.

Squad - some players are very good for this level but the rest are average or less.

Transfers - we were already above the wage budget so I didn't sign anyone, only staff.

Finances - not very good, but it's normal numbers at this level.

Career overview

Season     Club            Country        League              Position    Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021       KPV             Finland        Ykkönen             2nd         Promoted via playoff

Next season

Have the safest season possible, as far from relegation places as possible.

129208.png

768.png KPV - Veikkausliiga - 2022 Pre-season

Season preview - we're predicted mid-table, so I guess a good performance would be reaching the championship stage.

Transfers - we needed to sign some quality players to make sure we have reliable alternatives to our base XI, and approaching the first official match (cup qualifiers) I'm still looking for at least a striker and a left winger.

Vincent Bikana | Darvin Chávez | Thomas Agyiri | Eero Tamminen | Razak Brimah | Duarte Tammilehto

129208.png

768.png KPV - Veikkausliiga - 2022

League table - the very pleasing low number of losses meant we were always adding points and eventually our morale and scoring form got us enough wins to be a deserving runners up.

Suomen Cup - although the draw was kind to us, we still managed to bottle what should have been our final, but we lost at home to a team in the division below.

Squad - this squad is a lot better than last season, with all signings adding quality. I did struggle a bit meeting league criteria for home-grown players so that's something I will try to fix.

Transfers - I got too carried away with my scouting and forgot to keep track of the non home-grown players, which sometimes meant I had to leave empty places on the subs bench. I also had to get a striker mid-season to cover for an injury crisis up front.

Finances - this is more worrying than last season. The scouting budget was empty before the end of the season and that might also take a toll on the wage budget. Let's see if what we do in UEFA can help.

Career overview

Season     Club            Country        League              Position    Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021       KPV             Finland        Ykkönen             2nd         Promoted via playoff
2022       KPV             Finland        Veikkausliiga       2nd

Next season

We exceeded my expectations for the season, and now to improve on this will be harder. Doing the same but slightly better could be enough to dethrone HJK.

35 minutes ago, DefinitelyTaylor said:

Very impressive! To win promotion in the vein you did and then use that momentum to achieve a second-place finish is brilliant.

Thanks. In fairness the level between both divisions is not that different, as we were immediately predicted 7th out of 12 in our first season. I'm seeing some promising players to snap on free transfers, hopefully that can give us an extra boost of quality to keep pushing on.

129208.png

768.png KPV - Veikkausliiga - 2023 Pre-season

Season preview - we're predicted two places higher which is good, but the ambition is to finish even higher.

Transfers - my priorities changed because last season we had some trouble meeting the requirements for home-grown players, so this time I focused on HG players first, and only after that I'd look for alternatives outside that scope. My new striker is that case, as all viable options were non-HG players.

Aniekpeno Udoh | Riku Sjöroos | Markus Uusitalo | Henrik Ölander | Joel Mero | Juho Hyvärinen

129208.png

768.png KPV - Veikkausliiga - 2023

League table - after starting with 3 wins we then lost straight 4 which put some ice on our expectations, but after the cup was over the focus was all on the league and we never looked back.

Suomen Cup - the qualifying round was not perfect but after we got through that it was all uphill until a comfortable final.

Europa Conference League - we did our part until we faced an opponent that's way out of our league.

Squad - we improved our weaknesses from last season and even though statistically we're not the strongest, the players fit the style and almost everyone matched the expectations.

Best XI - Uusitalo; Hyvärinen, Mero, Chantzopoulos, Amuzie; Tamminen, Mohamed, Agyiri, Sejdiu; Andersen, Udoh

Transfers - I was able to improve some positions and did it signing only home-grown players, meaning we are now safe in that regard and can look for the foreign superstar without thinking about bureaucracy.

Finances - the short but sweet ECL run put €850k in our bank which makes a big difference.

Career overview

2023       KPV             Finland        Veikkausliiga       1st         Cup winners

Next season

If we could repeat the conquered silverware it would be a great season. I hope we can challenge for the title again, do well in the cup, and make as much money as possible from the CL run.

Edited by kingjericho

129208.png

768.png KPV - Veikkausliiga - 2024 Pre-season

Season preview - as defending champions we're predicted 3rd, but the board expects us to finish either winners or runners up.

Transfers - with a very limited transfer budget I still rely on players on expiring contracts and this time we snapped a few quality ones. We're still looking for a supporting striker, though.

Juhani Pikkarainen | Serge Atakayi | Sebastian Dahlström | Elias Ahde

This my first ever job interview invitation, OB from Denmark. It's a massive upgrade from KPV and the recognition of my work here (and also my increasing coaching qualifications which I believe have a big influence in clubs approaching certain managers). I don't plan to accept an eventual offer, though. OB might be a very interesting destination but I want to do at least one more season with KPV.

129208.png

768.png KPV - Veikkausliiga - 2024

League table - although our overall record was better than last season we were only 1st during 5 matchdays, but one of them was the final one and ultimately that is what goes into the history books.

Suomen Cup - the board wanted the semis but we lost in the quarter finals to HJK, a team we failed to defeat the entire season.

Champions League - my goal was to reach the third qualifying round where we faced Sochi, because at that stage the loser would receive €5m. That was clearly not enough for us and we continued straight ahead, reaching an unthinkable group stage (with the lowest odds I have ever seen to win the whole thing).

Squad - the overall quality is still below the top domestic clubs but I'm happy with what I have.

Best XI - Uusitalo; Hyvärinen, Mero, Pikkarainen, Amuzie; Tamminen, Popovitch, Dahlström, Sejdiu; Andersen, Udoh

Transfers - I continued scouting the best players running out on their contracts, and halfway through the season I snapped two free agents with a lot of quality.

Finances - we hit the jackpot.

Career overview

2023       KPV             Finland        Veikkausliiga       1st         Cup winners
2024       KPV             Finland        Veikkausliiga       1st

Next season

My decision as the season approached the end was to stay if we finished 2nd and run out my contract, or if we won the league again I would leave. We did that, had an incredible CL run, and the club is in better shape than it's ever been. I had several job interviews from much bigger clubs and I think the time is right to move on, as another season wouldn't be make a big difference in terms of what I can achieve here.

Edited by kingjericho

1816.png.a40923884f33cbb8b7c85ab8d1455065.png

797.png.3058dafebec662d5143fdeb280a03a68.png Malmö FF

This is clearly a big step up from KPV. After several interviews at big clubs (mainly from Sweden and Denmark) they offered me the job and the finances are good so that I can browse the market for some nice additions to an already very decent squad. As the most titled club in Sweden, the objectives are to win the league as often as possible, and I also want to focus on Europe to have some deep runs.

797.png.3058dafebec662d5143fdeb280a03a68.png Malmö FF - Allsvenskan - 2025 Pre-season

Season preview - we haven't won the title in the last three seasons so we're no longer clear favourites, restoring that dominance is one of my tasks.

Transfers - I put the DoF in charge of all activity for my Reserves and U19 squads and the transfers in are deals done by him. On my end, I've been focusing on selling some fringe players and also scouting for a new goalkeeper as my starter will leave on a free at the end of the season.

797.png.3058dafebec662d5143fdeb280a03a68.png Malmö FF - Allsvenskan - 2025

League table - we almost went undefeated in my first season, completely smashing the opposition.

Svenska Cupen - Göteborg was our big test in the semi final.

Conference League - so far so good, let's see what big teams we might face next.

Squad - I trimmed the squad in the first half of the season because we only had league games, as the season progressed I brought a couple guys from the reserve squad and used them for rotation.

Best XI - Bråtveit; Bejimo, Utvik, Olsson, Svensson; Valdés, Rakip, Stage, Birmančević; Möller, Tjåland

Transfers - I already guaranteed a new goalkeeper and centre back for next season, the biggest news here is that I lost Erik Botheim as he had a €2.5m release clause and he wouldn't sign a new contract until the end of the season.

Finances - there's money to sign one or two good players, more than that will depend on CL qualification.

Career overview

2025       Malmö FF        Sweden         Allsvenskan         1st         Cup winners

Next season

We walked the league so I'm hoping to continue winning domestically and do our best in Europe.

797.png.3058dafebec662d5143fdeb280a03a68.png Malmö FF - Allsvenskan - 2026 Pre-season

Season preview - we reclaim our position as favourites to win the title, and judging from last season I expect to do just that. We also have the knockout rounds of the ECL to play and the CL qualification after the summer.

Transfers - the DoF continues responsible for youth transfers, while I focus on replacing players nearing the end of the contract or improving positions where I have affordable targets. One of the big downsides of having a season calendar not matching European competitions is that I could only register 3 new players for the ECL which leaves two of my new lads without Europe until the CL playoffs. You may have also noticed that I am currently aiming for an all-Scandinavian squad and it's something I think I'll keep doing as it adds for the fun of the challenge and unless I cannot find any good players meeting that criteria I'll keep restricting myself to these.

Tim Prica | Leopold Wahlstedt | Jonas Sandvik | Joseph Benaiah | John Kitolano

797.png.3058dafebec662d5143fdeb280a03a68.png Malmö FF - Allsvenskan - 2026

League table - the title was ours with 4 matches to play but we struggled a lot more this season to maintain all players fit, since we had ECL and CL matches all throughout the season.

Svenska Cupen - a convincing win to retain the cup.

Conference League - we continued the campaign started last season with difficult knockout rounds. Everton were too strong for us.

Champions League - including a hero's welcome at my old club KPV, we almost blew our chances when we lost at home to Rangers but we muscled through and turned the playoff around at their turf. In the group stage, precious points conquered against Real Madrid and Bayern meant a win in the last matchday against Olympiacos would get us to the Europa League and we did just that.

Squad - my usual aim for a 23-man squad was hard to manage due to fitness and injuries, which means I will look for youngsters to keep in the Reserve squad just in case, along with one or two players in the main squad to be the so called "utility players" who can help in more than one position.

Best XI - Wahlstedt; Bejimo, Benaiah, Olsson, Svensson; Valdés, Rakip, Björkqvist, Birmančević; Möller, Tjåland

Transfers - many loans for youngsters to develop, but also some money spent on players I think will improve the squad. I have enough money so that I can spend it without worrying about selling someone to cover for the losses.

Finances - CL will keep us on the green for a long time.

Career overview

2025       Malmö FF        Sweden         Allsvenskan         1st         Cup winners
2026       Malmö FF        Sweden         Allsvenskan         1st         Cup winners

Next season

Domestically we're a step above the competition but I must keep improving my Scandinavian army to make us more dominant when we need to rest the more important players.

797.png.3058dafebec662d5143fdeb280a03a68.png Malmö FF - Allsvenskan - 2027 Pre-season

Season preview - we are clear favourites to retain the title, with only Djurgårdens being seen as serious contenders.

Transfers - not much movements thus far, with a new backup keeper and a right back to replace an unhappy and an expiring contract. I'm still on the lookout for a midfielder and a left winger but I'm yet to find someone who justifies an investment. I seem to be at a point where players worth signing are not interested in a club of our dimension, or are still too costly for us.

Victor Larsson | Hannes Sveijer

797.png.3058dafebec662d5143fdeb280a03a68.png Malmö FF - Allsvenskan - 2027

League table - points wise it was the weakest season so far but we carved a lead early and kept it the entire campaign, hence some complacent exhibitions towards the end.

Svenska Cupen - we concede goals rather easily but score loads, making this an easy win.

Europa League - a short stint here, definitely not impressing my fellow Portuguese.

Champions League - the playoffs were easy and the group stage was hard. The group was difficult, Monaco and Roma are title contenders but we still managed a respectable showing.

Squad - I had much more room to manage injuries and fitness this season, but I also had to deal with a lot more unhappy players who want to leave to bigger clubs.

Best XI - Wahlstedt; Bejimo, Benaiah, Olsson, Kitolano; Valdés, Stage, Björkqvist, Thanh; Möller, Tjåland

Transfers - curiously we were more active in the half-season, selling one of our few foreigners and also selling a striker who had a €15m release clause, which I decided to negotiate for €14m + 50% profit of next sale to Dortmund.

Finances - since we have so much money but the board refuses to improve anything I might as well splash it all out on players.

Career overview

2026       Malmö FF        Sweden         Allsvenskan         1st         Cup winners
2027       Malmö FF        Sweden         Allsvenskan         1st         Cup winners

Next season

Sweden now puts the champion directly in the CL group stage so that's a guarantee of money to come, so I plan to go all out on my last year of contract and assemble the best team I possibly can.

797.png.3058dafebec662d5143fdeb280a03a68.png Malmö FF - Allsvenskan - 2028 Pre-season

Season preview - Djurgårdens are the only team along with us with an odd below two digits, however they finished 8th last season so I think this might be a one-horse race again. We're also two players short of a Best XI monopoly.

Transfers - I got a new striker to replace a mid-season sale from last year, a left winger as a better rotation option and an underutilized gem on loan from Chelsea. More signings depend whether I receive good offers, a player becomes unhappy, or if I find a deal too good to pass on.

Andri Lucas Guðjohnsen | Finn Reier | Sivert Mannsverk

Edited by kingjericho

797.png.3058dafebec662d5143fdeb280a03a68.png Malmö FF - Allsvenskan - 2028

League table - I changed my approach to a more pragmatic 4-4-2 which resulted in less goals, more clean sheets, and the same outcome after 30 games.

Svenska Cupen - we clean sheeted our way into another victory.

Champions League - this year the champion entered directly in the group stage and we showed we deserved the bye, pulling our best cards up our sleeves and finishing above Juventus for a surprise second place.

Squad - this is a very solid group of players, who would continue dominating internally if not for their desire to leave for bigger clubs.

Best XI - Wahlstedt; Bejimo, Benaiah, Olsson, Kitolano; Valdés, Christensen, Björkqvist, Reier; Möller, Tjåland

Transfers - after the season started I swapped one unhappy midfielder and another nearing the end of the contract for two younger, better ones.

Finances - too much for me to worry about.

Career overview

2027       Malmö FF        Sweden         Allsvenskan         1st         Cup winners
2028       Malmö FF        Sweden         Allsvenskan         1st         Cup winners

Next season

I'll look for a new job either in Iceland or Norway to continue my career.

1080.png.07ea048fe3bd0221b63d481edd162cbe.png

774.png.33a2e37b86193f3eafa2460b2d403762.png Valur

1855409275_PepsiMaxdeildin_Stages.thumb.png.06d13f17fc07768ca930265fa893c326.png

While on the lookout for a new job, the first half of 2029 has already passed and I'm now in Iceland. The league runs from May to September, and there's a cup (one of two) that runs in February. I think I'll have plenty of time between games to focus on squad building and staff. Right now, there's 4 games left to play and we're far from the last European place (4th depending on the cup winner), so this will just be a quick run to establish a base for the next season.

774.png.33a2e37b86193f3eafa2460b2d403762.png Valur - Úrvalsdeild - 2029

League table - there wasn't much to play for with only 4 games remaining, still I'm pleased with a starting record of 3-1-0.

Mjólkurbikarinn - out before I took charge.

Lengjubikarinn A - out before I took charge.

Conference League - out before I took charge.

Squad - some players are interesting but I should get busy during the off season.

Transfers - nothing of note after I arrived, I only signed 3 staff members.

Finances - our player valuations won't get us out of the red, only continental football will.

Career overview

2028       Malmö FF        Sweden         Allsvenskan         1st         Cup winners
2029       Valur           Iceland        Úrvalsdeild         7th

Next season

Improve the squad and at least aim for an European spot.

774.png.33a2e37b86193f3eafa2460b2d403762.png Valur - Úrvalsdeild - 2030 Pre-season

Season preview - we're predicted 5th but the comparison screen in our squad report shows we're the strongest team in some areas so I believe we may do better.

Transfers - the first two signings were already arranged last season before I came in, the other three were needed improvements to our unbalanced squad.

Kolbeinn AndréssonEvgeny KozlovJúlíus Emil JónssonRobin DorrerBenjamin Karamoko

774.png.33a2e37b86193f3eafa2460b2d403762.png Valur - Úrvalsdeild - 2030

League table - to be honest I was aiming for a top 3 finish, maybe winners, but definitely not winning with 3 matches left. We did score loads from set pieces, leading the charts in goals from corners, penalties, and indirect free kicks.

Mjólkurbikarinn - the board expected the final but we acceptably lost in a match against the eventual cup winners.

Lengjubikarinn A - it seems everyone else was more worried about raising fitness levels so we, even with few goals scored, made our way to my first trophy in Iceland.

Squad - we have a decent starting eleven but not much more.

Best XI - SkjævestadKjartanssonKaramokoLoweJónssonHeimissonSigurjónssonAlexanderssonKristjánssonGuðjohnsenHjaltested

Transfers - I only sign free agents or transfer-listed players for peanuts because that's what we can do at the moment, the key is to scout in quantity and sooner or later two or three good players appear.

Finances - we'll continue to dive into the red until we can get some income from European fixtures.

Career overview

2030       Valur           Iceland        Úrvalsdeild         1st         League Cup winners

Next season

With a few improvements we should be capable of challenging for the league again whilst balancing the calendar with Cup and European fixtures.

Edited by kingjericho

774.png.33a2e37b86193f3eafa2460b2d403762.png Valur - Úrvalsdeild - 2031 Pre-season

Season preview - we see an improvement from last season's preview even though we're still not the top favourites to win the league.

Transfers - I've been frustrated several times because we're at a point where good players demand more than we can afford to pay, and those who accept our offers end up choosing another club, so apart from the amazing striker we signed on a free the others were not first options.

Edis PetrovicAnthony WambaniAndreas KarnezisIsak VådebuAndri Þorvaldsson

6 hours ago, Koetzer said:

Great to see Njardvik promoted to the top tier! Any good youth prospects there? 

Not really :D it's the first time they're in the top tier. Mostly home grown players and as you can see even the top teams like Valur have several poor players, the weaker teams have players of a Vanarama League level at best.

774.png.33a2e37b86193f3eafa2460b2d403762.png Valur - Úrvalsdeild - 2031

League table - a very frustrating season, as the 3-5-2 I used last season stopped being as effective, meaning 3 losses in the first 4 games and elimination from both cups. I returned to the 4-4-2 I was using before but changing mid season is never a smooth process.

Meistarakeppni - the only silverware to our museum this season.

Mjólkurbikarinn - an embarrassing result to a 2nd tier club.

Lengjubikarinn A - the first three draws compromised our chances of advancing to the semi final.

Champions League - we're still not ready to go much further than this.

Europa League - the playoffs were accessible and even in a tough group we managed a commendable 9 points. On to the Conference League then.

Squad - the squad is taking shape more and more into my needs and I'm only signing players who are really worth it. (disregard the players stats because due to the EL games the season already advanced to 2032...)

Transfers - the new players performed well, except from the left back who arrived late and never had time to settle properly.

Finances - the EL group stage solved one of our biggest problems.

Career overview

2030       Valur           Iceland        Úrvalsdeild         1st         League Cup winners
2031       Valur           Iceland        Úrvalsdeild         2nd         Super Cup winners

Next season

We need to step up and fight for the title again, we were luck to finish 2nd this season. With the improved finances I have more scouting range and budget which is already presenting me a much more interesting list of available players to sign.

Edited by kingjericho

774.png.33a2e37b86193f3eafa2460b2d403762.png Valur - Úrvalsdeild - 2032 Pre-season

Season preview - after an underwhelming season the bookies seem to back us for a strong title challenge.

Transfers - with money to spend I can scout for players that require a transfer fee, which is naturally a massive improvement to our recruitment.

Elias MittetDavíð PéturssonJoakim SaarinenVictor LerbyHákon Ingi Björnsson | Stanislav Vukašinović

Malmö called me for a job interview :) they've continued to be successful after I left, reaching a EL final (lost to Liverpool) but they also finished 2nd and 3rd in the last two seasons. I have no intention of coming back but it's to see I'm one of their favourite personnel and they wanted me to do a Zidane and come back for a new honeymoon.

774.png.33a2e37b86193f3eafa2460b2d403762.png Valur - Úrvalsdeild - 2032

League table - a very competent showing where a late defeat prevented an undefeated season.

Mjólkurbikarinn - it seems Cup glory wants nothing to do with us.

Lengjubikarinn A - I like this trophy, it allows us to get some competitive match fitness, plus we add silverware to our cabinet.

Europa Conference League - a perfect record thus far bar a late Honvéd goal which took away 2 points.

Squad - the squad is very tailored to my needs, I could definitely not sign anyone next season and we'd be ok.

Best XI - KarnezisAlexanderssonKjartanssonPéturssonVukašinovićJónssonSigurjónssonEiríkssonKristjánssonGuðjohnsenSaarinen

Transfers - we finally could afford to pay for players and we spent on the right ones.

Finances - we're in a very safe spot right now.

Career overview

2031       Valur           Iceland        Úrvalsdeild         2nd         Super Cup winners
2032       Valur           Iceland        Úrvalsdeild         1st         League Cup winners

Next season

I renewed for one more season which I expect to be the one where I can finally win the Cup and renew the league title.

774.png.33a2e37b86193f3eafa2460b2d403762.png Valur - Úrvalsdeild - 2033

League table - we drew 3 of our first 5 matches but after that we showed no mercy.

Meistarakeppni - a tough match but we held on to our narrow lead.

Mjólkurbikarinn - finally we won the Cup, I fielded strong lineups to ensure we didn't have any surprises.

Lengjubikarinn A - tired legs cost us the win.

Europa Conference League - we topped the group to jump straight into the second knockout round but a dreadful first leg doomed our chances of continuing.

Champions League - we reached the playoff which awards €5m to the loser. At a club like this, it's a win-win situation plus we go to the Europa League.

Europa League - we lost 3 matches on injury time but were still able to finish 3rd and advance to the ECL knockout rounds.

Squad - I gave more games to some youngsters who delivered and improved a lot.

Best XI - KarnezisEvjenKjartanssonPéturssonVukašinovićJónssonSigurjónssonEiríkssonKristjánssonPetrovicSaarinen

Transfers - I opted to use some youngsters with good potential instead of signing another 2 or 3 new players.

Finances - the board keeps refusing my request to improve budgets and facilities, maybe they think we're still poor.

Career overview

2032       Valur           Iceland        Úrvalsdeild         1st         League Cup winners
2033       Valur           Iceland        Úrvalsdeild         1st         Cup and Super Cup winners

Next season

Iceland was fun, the league ends so quickly it's dangerous to start on the wrong foot. Eight trophies later I'm turning my focus to Norway.

763464.png.f9deaaae60eaca2ec08c24396e7220f5.png

786.png.51b9b2f8b5095348908987d880a4fe53.png Kristiansund

Club info | Squad | Finances

Kristiansund are a big-ish club and exactly the kind of challenge I like, as it's been 8 years since the last trophy and something is needed to get the good times rolling again. The youth setup is very satisfactory which may allow me to gamble on some youngsters, or sell them with future % clauses to put the finances on a more stable situation. Last season the team finished 4th which is a ECL spot so that's some money that can come in during the second half of the season. Until then I have about €1m to reinforce the squad, which at a first glance seems a bit small.

786.png.51b9b2f8b5095348908987d880a4fe53.png Kristiansund - Eliteserien - 2034 Pre-season

Season preview - the board wants top half. The squad is short but there's quality so let's see.

Transfers - I let the DoF sign players for the youth squads so there's a lot of deadwood coming in. For the first squad I cashed €200k + 50% profit on a youngster with decent potential but definitely not my brightest prospect. Signing good players with the money we (don't) have is proving very hard so I'm relying on loans. I still have at least one centre-back to get in.

Hossam IsmailValentino Dujmović | Amund Thomassen

786.png.51b9b2f8b5095348908987d880a4fe53.png Kristiansund - Eliteserien - 2034

League table - my main focus was to finish in a European spot to play there and sort out the finances, but as time passed we stayed near the top, finishing with a very tense match on the last day to capture the title.

Cupen - the board wanted more but Vålerenga are one of the best teams and any outcome was possible.

Europa Conference League - the draw was not very kind as PSV was one of the hardest teams to face in that stage.

Squad - luckily I didn't struggle too much with injuries because some positions have no suitable backup and I really feel this season's outcome was the best it could be with this squad.

Best XI - AndersenAndersenVeumKarlssonThomassenTagsethPostiMyintBoLebongoFossum

Transfers - I hate that the board accepted a bid for one of my top 3 players (even if I understand the financials on it), but on the upside I replaced him with a very interesting Cameroonian who cost €50k.

Finances - the sale of Duman wasn't enough to completely clear us of negative balance but I hope next season's European ventures can help.

Career overview

Season     Club             Country        League              Position    Achievements
2021       KPV              Finland        Ykkönen             2nd         Promoted via playoff
2022       KPV              Finland        Veikkausliiga       2nd
2023       KPV              Finland        Veikkausliiga       1st         Cup winners
2024       KPV              Finland        Veikkausliiga       1st
2025       Malmö FF         Sweden         Allsvenskan         1st         Cup winners
2026       Malmö FF         Sweden         Allsvenskan         1st         Cup winners
2027       Malmö FF         Sweden         Allsvenskan         1st         Cup winners
2028       Malmö FF         Sweden         Allsvenskan         1st         Cup winners
2029       Valur            Iceland        Úrvalsdeild         7th
2030       Valur            Iceland        Úrvalsdeild         1st         League Cup winners
2031       Valur            Iceland        Úrvalsdeild         2nd         Super Cup winners
2032       Valur            Iceland        Úrvalsdeild         1st         League Cup winners
2033       Valur            Iceland        Úrvalsdeild         1st         Cup and Super Cup winners
2034       Kristiansund     Norway         Eliteserien         1st

Next season

Without a handful of new signings there's no way we can be champions again.

786.png.51b9b2f8b5095348908987d880a4fe53.png Kristiansund - Eliteserien - 2035 Pre-season

Season preview - we move up to a predicted 4th place, but still not considered a main title contender.

Transfers - for whatever reason, the first day of the transfer window is still registered in the previous season so 4 of 5 new players don't appear here. I spent about €1m for all. Also one of my good prospects at Valur extends his loan for a second season.

Gauti Rivine | Thiago BentancurBrian Khumalo | Kennedy Bofu | Sédé Koré | Sveinung Tollan

Edited by kingjericho

786.png.51b9b2f8b5095348908987d880a4fe53.png Kristiansund - Eliteserien - 2035

League table - we actually did better than last season but so did Rosenborg, and on the final day they didn't budge.

Mesterfinalen - it took penalties but we started the season with a trophy.

Cupen - they're better than us and this is for now the expected result.

Champions League - my only aim here was money, so I'm pleased with three draws which mean €3m extra.

Squad - the squad is far from bad, but Rosenborg and Molde are on the next level and we need to continue improving.

Transfers - with no money to spend and a home-grown obligation it's very hard to find good players at this level.

Finances - the situation's much better than last season but it's still short for the investment we need to make to catch the big clubs.

Career overview

Season     Club             Country        League              Position    Achievements
2021       KPV              Finland        Ykkönen             2nd         Promoted via playoff
2023       KPV              Finland        Veikkausliiga       1st         Cup winners
2025       Malmö FF         Sweden         Allsvenskan         1st         Cup winners
2026       Malmö FF         Sweden         Allsvenskan         1st         Cup winners
2027       Malmö FF         Sweden         Allsvenskan         1st         Cup winners
2028       Malmö FF         Sweden         Allsvenskan         1st         Cup winners
2030       Valur            Iceland        Úrvalsdeild         1st         League Cup winners
2031       Valur            Iceland        Úrvalsdeild         2nd         Super Cup winners
2032       Valur            Iceland        Úrvalsdeild         1st         League Cup winners
2033       Valur            Iceland        Úrvalsdeild         1st         Cup and Super Cup winners
2035       Kristiansund     Norway         Eliteserien         2nd         Super Cup winners

Next season

I have a hard task of improving the squad while keeping below the non-home-grown limits. We're still miles below our rivals in terms of quality and financial power which still makes us underdogs.

Edited by kingjericho

786.png.51b9b2f8b5095348908987d880a4fe53.png Kristiansund - Eliteserien - 2036 Pre-season

Season preview - we'll have to overachieve again if we want to fight for the title.

Transfers - managing a maximum of 9 non-HG players and a tight transfer budget can be tricky, which includes a familiar face from Valur. I also had an unfortunate fallout with our brightest prospect who refused to sign a new contract so I had to cash on him, but I secured 50% of a next sale which I'm hoping to reap rewards from.

Leonardo Villa | Kristoffer KlaessonRökkvi Rafn Bergmann | Andreas Evjen | Niklas Ødegård

786.png.51b9b2f8b5095348908987d880a4fe53.png Kristiansund - Eliteserien - 2036

League table - we started poorly and Rosenborg were on fire. We even beat them at their ground near the end but our final stretch of the calendar was difficult and we dropped some points.

Mesterfinalen - a great way to start the season.

Cupen - the board desperately wants us to win this and so do I, but the draw was very hard to us with three top contenders to face.

Champions League - I wasn't sure we'd pass Malmö and it took extra time to do so. In the group Darmstadt disappointed everyone and we capitalized on that, bagging a EL place.

Squad - the squad is getting better although some of my good players are on their final years at peak condition. For the immediate future the plan is to occupy the 9 non-HG slots with top players and have the rest of the squad with a mix of established and promising domestic talent.

Transfers - the sale of Bofu to Barcelona (€13.5m + 50% profit) triggered the opportunity I needed to invest in some talented home-grown players. I immediately signed 6 new players that can be good assets for us, meeting home-grown requirements.

Finances - finally I have enough money to look seriously into signing 2 or 3 difference makers.

Career overview

2035       Kristiansund     Norway         Eliteserien         2nd         Super Cup winners
2036       Kristiansund     Norway         Eliteserien         2nd         Super Cup winners

Next season

I'm going deep into the transfer market to invest our new wealth in players that can make us overtake Rosenborg, and finally reach the cup final?