[FM22] A Blaze in the Northern Sky

kingjericho

763464.png.f9deaaae60eaca2ec08c24396e7220f5.png

786.png.51b9b2f8b5095348908987d880a4fe53.png Kristiansund - Eliteserien - 2037 Pre-season

Season preview - judging by the media this is getting closer to a four horse title race which is good progress.

Transfers - I'm very pleased with the deals we've done so far; four of the five new faces arrived on the first day of the transfer window, and later on I re-signed the promising right-back I was forced to sell one year before because his contract was expiring - I had a 50% profit clause so after I sold him for €1m and bought him back for €2.2m in reality I lost a total of €100k between his initial sale and the 50% that I didn't pay.

Miroslav Moravcik | Sander RaudseppJarle Randulff | Birger Helgeland | Christoffer Simonsen

• 2 weeks later...

786.png.51b9b2f8b5095348908987d880a4fe53.png Kristiansund - Eliteserien - 2037

League table - we'd never done below 70 points but Rosenborg slipped a few more times this year, allowing us to clinch the win with a game left.

Cupen - we failed to reach the final once again, this time winning the prestigious "biggest underachievers" award.

Europa League - we were far from convincing throughout the knockout rounds but we got to the semis where Valencia blocked all our attacking attempts and sent us home.

Champions League - the big highlight was winning at the Olimpico to win an unlikely playoff and then beating Celta at their ground on the last matchday to guarantee 3rd place on the group.

Squad - we now have some of the league's best players and that made the difference in a series of matches.

Best XI - Radosavljević; Simonsen, Randulff, Aaseth, KoréVillaMyintRaudseppBoBergssonMoravcik

Transfers - lots of activity including free agents for the Reserve team, U19 out on loan to develop, and always looking for a good home-grown talent to strengthen the First team.

Finances - the CL money has allowed me to continuously improve facilities and still spend (moderately) on transfers.

Career overview

Season     Club             Country        League              Position    Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021       KPV              Finland        Ykkönen             2nd         Promoted via playoff
2022       KPV              Finland        Veikkausliiga       2nd
2023       KPV              Finland        Veikkausliiga       1st         Cup winners
2024       KPV              Finland        Veikkausliiga       1st
2025       Malmö FF         Sweden         Allsvenskan         1st         Cup winners
2026       Malmö FF         Sweden         Allsvenskan         1st         Cup winners
2027       Malmö FF         Sweden         Allsvenskan         1st         Cup winners
2028       Malmö FF         Sweden         Allsvenskan         1st         Cup winners
2029       Valur            Iceland        Úrvalsdeild         7th
2030       Valur            Iceland        Úrvalsdeild         1st         League Cup winners
2031       Valur            Iceland        Úrvalsdeild         2nd         Super Cup winners
2032       Valur            Iceland        Úrvalsdeild         1st         League Cup winners
2033       Valur            Iceland        Úrvalsdeild         1st         Cup and Super Cup winners
2034       Kristiansund     Norway         Eliteserien         1st
2035       Kristiansund     Norway         Eliteserien         2nd         Super Cup winners
2036       Kristiansund     Norway         Eliteserien         2nd         Super Cup winners
2037       Kristiansund     Norway         Eliteserien         1st

Next season

Entering the last year of my contract I would like to, at least, reach the Cup final, win the league again and leave on a high note.

786.png.51b9b2f8b5095348908987d880a4fe53.png Kristiansund - Eliteserien - 2038 Pre-season

Season preview - After four seasons as either champions or runners up we are now a major title contender. Molde fall behind in the predictions after last season's disastrous 10th place.

Transfers - starting towards the end of last season, I moved some players due to: a tactical change to a familiar 4-4-2, some players too cheap not to sign, and a need to replace ageing players.

Rúnar Þórðarson | Jajang GumilarYoussouf Tapsoba | Didrik Maribo Holtet | Tor Vordal | Brian Bro

786.png.51b9b2f8b5095348908987d880a4fe53.png Kristiansund - Eliteserien - 2038

League table - around our usual 70 points would have been enough to retain the title but we stormed the league finishing undefeated.

Mesterfinalen - we started the season with the morale boost of a new trophy.

Cupen - we needed a 120+1' goal to beat Vålerenga in the semis but we made it to a perfect final to win the first Cup in the club's history.

Europa League - we played poorly against Nordsjælland in a round where we could have done better.

Champions League - we bested Porto on the two matches but we were never able to beat them, meaning they're ahead to the knockout rounds and we're off to the EL.

Squad - a very strong squad which may be hard to keep as I feel it's the end of a cycle with Europe's big clubs all around the best players.

Best XI - Radosavljević; Simonsen, Randulff, Vordal, Koré; Bo, HansenVillaGumilarBergMoravcik

Transfers - the board understandably accepted a €39m offer for a player who cost us €5.75m a year and a half earlier.

Finances - very healthy, fueled by a monster sale and CL football.

Career overview

Season     Club             Country        League              Position    Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021       KPV              Finland        Ykkönen             2nd         Promoted via playoff
2022       KPV              Finland        Veikkausliiga       2nd
2023       KPV              Finland        Veikkausliiga       1st         Cup winners
2024       KPV              Finland        Veikkausliiga       1st
2025       Malmö FF         Sweden         Allsvenskan         1st         Cup winners
2026       Malmö FF         Sweden         Allsvenskan         1st         Cup winners
2027       Malmö FF         Sweden         Allsvenskan         1st         Cup winners
2028       Malmö FF         Sweden         Allsvenskan         1st         Cup winners
2029       Valur            Iceland        Úrvalsdeild         7th
2030       Valur            Iceland        Úrvalsdeild         1st         League Cup winners
2031       Valur            Iceland        Úrvalsdeild         2nd         Super Cup winners
2032       Valur            Iceland        Úrvalsdeild         1st         League Cup winners
2033       Valur            Iceland        Úrvalsdeild         1st         Cup and Super Cup winners
2034       Kristiansund     Norway         Eliteserien         1st
2035       Kristiansund     Norway         Eliteserien         2nd         Super Cup winners
2036       Kristiansund     Norway         Eliteserien         2nd         Super Cup winners
2037       Kristiansund     Norway         Eliteserien         1st
2038       Kristiansund     Norway         Eliteserien         1st         Cup and Super Cup winners

Next season

I finished my contract with one of the best seasons I could set out to so it seems like a good time to move on.

526.png.cee828744f9dffa265c25ee3b4547398.png

764.png.295a824ceb3a6479d40ccaf79e62aa07.png FC Midtjylland

Club info | Squad | Finances

image.png.1e624cef5b6681a20cc1fa7a42aba442.png

In theory this is a similar challenge as my previous club Kristiansund. I take charge of one of the nation's big clubs, but even though we're usually on the top half of the league we only have three league titles, the last one in the now distant 2019/20. This season we'll probably be far from it as the Preliminary Phase is almost ending (22 matches), so the immediate objective is to advance to the Championship Group, finish as high as possible and qualify for continental football. Financially we're doing relatively well although we're over the wage budget. Since Denmark is the most reputable of the Scandinavian nations I'll try something similar to what I did at Malmö which is to build the best all-Scandinavian squad I can, hopefully attracting the best players from the other leagues and also our own of course. My only gripe with this job is that I could have taken charge in the pre-season but I holidayed without applying for anything and when I returned they had sacked one manager and hired another one (who didn't last long as proven by my arrival 6 months later).

764.png.295a824ceb3a6479d40ccaf79e62aa07.png FC Midtjylland - Superliga - 2039/40

League table - we gave Nordsjælland a run for 2nd place until the penultimate matchday where they beat us and sentenced the top three. We showed promise though and we'll be here next season.

DBU Pokalen - my debut was against OB and it was a good sign of things to come, especially in the Cup where we reached the final and again on penalties we won it for the second year straight.

Europa League - I arrived after these matches were played, however we should aim to improve on this next season.

Europa Conference League - Watford were one of my first opponents and at the time we showed to be unprepared for a team at this level.

Squad - some of the best players are past their thirties and my best players will leave on a free in six months, which means the younger lads have to step up soon.

Transfers - starting with the signing of Larsen and the sale of Ortiz I tried to make some money on players that weren't essential or that I could replace internally or with cheaper deals.

Finances - I don't think this will be enough to withstand a heavy summer of transfers so I must be careful on where to spend.

Career overview

Season     Club              Country        League              Position    Achievements
2021       KPV               Finland        Ykkönen             2nd         Promoted via playoff
2022       KPV               Finland        Veikkausliiga       2nd
2023       KPV               Finland        Veikkausliiga       1st         Cup winners
2024       KPV               Finland        Veikkausliiga       1st
2025       Malmö FF          Sweden         Allsvenskan         1st         Cup winners
2026       Malmö FF          Sweden         Allsvenskan         1st         Cup winners
2027       Malmö FF          Sweden         Allsvenskan         1st         Cup winners
2028       Malmö FF          Sweden         Allsvenskan         1st         Cup winners
2029       Valur             Iceland        Úrvalsdeild         7th
2030       Valur             Iceland        Úrvalsdeild         1st         League Cup winners
2031       Valur             Iceland        Úrvalsdeild         2nd         Super Cup winners
2032       Valur             Iceland        Úrvalsdeild         1st         League Cup winners
2033       Valur             Iceland        Úrvalsdeild         1st         Cup and Super Cup winners
2034       Kristiansund      Norway         Eliteserien         1st
2035       Kristiansund      Norway         Eliteserien         2nd         Super Cup winners
2036       Kristiansund      Norway         Eliteserien         2nd         Super Cup winners
2037       Kristiansund      Norway         Eliteserien         1st
2038       Kristiansund      Norway         Eliteserien         1st         Cup and Super Cup winners
2039/40    FC Midtjylland    Denmark        Superliga           3rd         Cup winners

Next season

I saw very good signs during this half season. København are clearly the top team and have the better players but I believe we'll be on their toes next season if we're able to assemble a strong squad during the summer.

764.png.295a824ceb3a6479d40ccaf79e62aa07.png FC Midtjylland - Superliga - 2040/41 Pre-season

Season preview - as expected we're predicted 3rd, let's hope to be on contention until the end.

Transfers - fortunately we resigned our star player which meant one less striker to sign. We added another striker, a right-back and my best youth prospect from Kristiansund. I'd like to get another DM but it's not proving easy to get someone good enough for an acceptable price.

Per Joar Kilen | Kjetil Hansen | Jesper Dyre

• 2 weeks later...

764.png.295a824ceb3a6479d40ccaf79e62aa07.png FC Midtjylland - Superliga - 2040/41

League table - we couldn't keep up with the champions but we maintained second place during the majority of the season, although we lost it on the 31st matchday and needed a help on the last matchday to regain the second spot.

DBU Pokalen - we should have done much better, even more because we were the two-time defending champions.

Europa League - I had high hopes for this and after the first leg at Malmö I thought we could have progressed further.

Squad - our first choice attackers are good, our backline and bench not so much.

Transfers - I accepted to sell one of my good strikers and forced a bid for the release clause as we have other good options and need to get some money to get players for other positions.

Finances - we'll get €7m in July for a future transfer of my left-back but even that is short for a big squad overhaul.

Career overview

Season     Club              Country        League              Position    Achievements
2021       KPV               Finland        Ykkönen             2nd         Promoted via playoff
2023       KPV               Finland        Veikkausliiga       1st         Cup winners
2025       Malmö FF          Sweden         Allsvenskan         1st         Cup winners
2026       Malmö FF          Sweden         Allsvenskan         1st         Cup winners
2027       Malmö FF          Sweden         Allsvenskan         1st         Cup winners
2028       Malmö FF          Sweden         Allsvenskan         1st         Cup winners
2030       Valur             Iceland        Úrvalsdeild         1st         League Cup winners
2031       Valur             Iceland        Úrvalsdeild         2nd         Super Cup winners
2032       Valur             Iceland        Úrvalsdeild         1st         League Cup winners
2033       Valur             Iceland        Úrvalsdeild         1st         Cup and Super Cup winners
2035       Kristiansund      Norway         Eliteserien         2nd         Super Cup winners
2036       Kristiansund      Norway         Eliteserien         2nd         Super Cup winners
2038       Kristiansund      Norway         Eliteserien         1st         Cup and Super Cup winners
2039/40    FC Midtjylland    Denmark        Superliga           3rd         Cup winners
2040/41    FC Midtjylland    Denmark        Superliga           2nd

Next season

We need better players to get near København and the summer window will be decisive, along with our performance in the CL qualifiers.

764.png.295a824ceb3a6479d40ccaf79e62aa07.png FC Midtjylland - Superliga - 2041/42 Pre-season

Season preview - København continue to be heavy favourites to win the league and we'll be on the look for a CL place.

Transfers - the transfer budget was limited and that €7m sale was needed to sign three great players, who joined two prospects from the U19 who'll be part of the main squad.

Torben Lerche Hebo | Peter Skov | Mads Sonne

• 2 weeks later...

764.png.295a824ceb3a6479d40ccaf79e62aa07.png FC Midtjylland - Superliga - 2041/42

League table - we entered the Championship Group with a 7 point advantage but 3 losses made me nervous, but we held on and put an end to København's 11 consecutive league titles.

DBU Pokalen - if there's a deserving winner then that's us, with the amount of work we had to put in to get past everyone including a referee in the final giving AaB two penalties.

Champions League - I never thought we'd pass a group with Bayern and Barcelona let alone pass as 1st. Chelsea outplayed us easily, though.

Squad - we're good enough to fight for the title apparently, however I think there's still room to improve.

Best XI - SigurðarsonDyreAðalgeirssonSkovÞórðarsonKristiansenOttosenHansenSonneHedénKilen

Transfers - I signed two old acquaintances from Kristiansund to replace a left back finishing his contract and a centre back who left for the release clause.

Finances - Chelsea swept us clean but we still made €10m from that round alone, plus the remaining prize money and the €10m sale.

Career overview

2041/42    FC Midtjylland    Denmark        Superliga           1st         Cup winners

Next season

There's finally a new champion in Denmark; can we make it again next year, while I try to accommodate more youth prospects in my first team?

764.png.295a824ceb3a6479d40ccaf79e62aa07.png FC Midtjylland - Superliga - 2042/43 Pre-season

Season preview - we're now predicted 2nd which is an improvement and a sign we're not considered a fluke champion.

Transfers - two of our best players left for their low release clauses. Inbound arrived a great right back which was our weakest position, a new centre back for a great price, and a left winger we had lost on a free two seasons ago.

Casper Villadsen | Nicolai Baltzer | Martin Marquardsen

• 2 weeks later...

764.png.295a824ceb3a6479d40ccaf79e62aa07.png FC Midtjylland - Superliga - 2042/43

League table - as dominant as we can possibly be, entering the Championship Group with a massive 16 point gap and retaining the title with four matches left.

DBU Pokalen - a perfect winning record to also retain the Cup.

Champions League - Arsenal disappointed in the group stage finishing last; we capitalized on Bayern having a player sent off early to take charge of the second leg.

Squad - the starting XI is as good as we can get with the Scandinavian approach to recruitment, and some youth players are knocking on the door to the first team.

Best XI - SigurðarsonVilladsenBaltzerVordalNjokuLarsenOttosenHansenMarquardsenHedénRutter

Transfers - two excellent players left for their low release clauses, and later on the season I decided to accept a great €3m offer for our backup RB with 6 months left on his contract.

Finances - lots to spend, curiously or not the best Scandinavian players we can attract can require over €30m so this figure is misleading in what we can expect to do in the market.

Career overview

2041/42    FC Midtjylland    Denmark        Superliga           1st         Cup winners
2042/43    FC Midtjylland    Denmark        Superliga           1st         Cup winners

Next season

We successfully defended both domestic titles and did better in Europe. There's not much we can improve next season and I'm unsure I can keep a squad with the same quality as some players want to leave. The next season, the last of my current contract, can be the end of an era for a handful of our important players.

Edited by kingjericho