Bad tactical system

It's just the basics that change however you make the game. The match engine is a disgrace! The team that wants to play the short pass game goes and makes long passes and the ball is thrown into the space. The determination of the team is at the highest level. The instructions on the tactical screen are too disgraceful to use. I want my goalkeeper to use a short pass, but he always plays long. Beyond ********! 

You touted the entire October game as "awesome". Like a joke

Edited by mnpjam

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, mnpjam said:

It's just the basics that change however you make the game. The match engine is a disgrace! The team that wants to play the short pass game goes and makes long passes and the ball is thrown into the space. The determination of the team is at the highest level. The instructions on the tactical screen are too disgraceful to use. I want my goalkeeper to use a short pass, but he always plays long. Beyond ********! 

You touted the entire October game as "awesome". Like a joke

I'm sorry you feel that way - I also use short distribution for my goalkeepers and it seems to work fine, mostly they will pass it to one of the defenders and we build from there (with somewhat hilarious consequences at times, but I am in League two ... so it's kinda to be expected).

I'm certain you're already aware but the goalkeeper distribution is separated from passing style and needs to be set using that.

When you pick a passing style for the team, they will attempt to follow it - however if a player is under pressure he may not feel he has a pass available and go for a longer option, in real-life Brighton are reknowned for playing out of the back ... but against very good teams like Man City we still lumped it forward at times when players feared losing the ball ... as such none of the styles will 'always' be adhered to, players will sometimes simply do what they think is sensible in their situation.

PS - If you'd care to share your tactical setup and perhaps some pkm's or a save game then I'd be happy to take a look into what you're seeing and explain what is happening and/or tune the game accordingly (but most people seem pretty happy with the match in general).

18 saat önce, Marc Vaughan said:

I'm sorry you feel that way - I also use short distribution for my goalkeepers and it seems to work fine, mostly they will pass it to one of the defenders and we build from there (with somewhat hilarious consequences at times, but I am in League two ... so it's kinda to be expected).

I'm certain you're already aware but the goalkeeper distribution is separated from passing style and needs to be set using that.

When you pick a passing style for the team, they will attempt to follow it - however if a player is under pressure he may not feel he has a pass available and go for a longer option, in real-life Brighton are reknowned for playing out of the back ... but against very good teams like Man City we still lumped it forward at times when players feared losing the ball ... as such none of the styles will 'always' be adhered to, players will sometimes simply do what they think is sensible in their situation.

PS - If you'd care to share your tactical setup and perhaps some pkm's or a save game then I'd be happy to take a look into what you're seeing and explain what is happening and/or tune the game accordingly (but most people seem pretty happy with the match in general).

Look this. The team and goalkeeper not play short, play long.

Screenshot_2021-11-10-18-41-30-072_com.sega.soccer.manager.jpg

Screenshot_2021-11-10-18-41-33-454_com.sega.soccer.manager.jpg

Screenshot_2021-11-10-18-41-36-603_com.sega.soccer.manager.jpg

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, mnpjam said:

pkms what ?

Sorry - falling into jargon.

After a match is played there is a button top right of the title bit at the top of the page, looks like a down arrow ... that allows you to save down a 'packed match' to your device (pkm = packed match, its the extension given to the file when its created). You can then load and view it from the main game page before you load/start a game if you want to rewatch it.

This is really useful for us as it allows us to recreate any illogical behavior in a match and then tune things accordingly.

1 dakika önce, Marc Vaughan said:

Sorry - falling into jargon.

After a match is played there is a button top right of the title bit at the top of the page, looks like a down arrow ... that allows you to save down a 'packed match' to your device (pkm = packed match, its the extension given to the file when its created). You can then load and view it from the main game page before you load/start a game if you want to rewatch it.

This is really useful for us as it allows us to recreate any illogical behavior in a match and then tune things accordingly.

Unfortunetaly i haven't pkm now. If i can show the problems, i will be share to you.

18 dakika önce, Marc Vaughan said:

Thanks very much for your help and patience :D

Hahahha. Im sorry for this and my first angry message my guy. Therefore Thank you  so much. But i think the tactical command must change. You want a fast game for mobile but mobile gamers wants detailed game. I hope you will be  consider this.