The FM22 AMC Thread

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Recently I got back into the groove and had a productive week.

I love the AMs in a 4231 formation, particularly in a tactic with strong wings and a supportive striker. They are not as productive as the other roles but they are amazing at linking up plays and heping their teammates. Thirty games in their spreadsheet is moderate at 5/8 but it feels like half my goals were initiated by him or he had the second-to-last pass. Only downside is that he runs so much (15.6 kilometres on average) that the second season is gonna be a pain with the dumb Word Cup schedule and European fixtures.

My biggest love however is the Ta role this year. He scores a lot, moves a lot, and gives enough assists. While my experiments with him in front of 2DM were not as successful as in 21 (he is too much focused on scoring instead of linking up), I now absolutely adore the Ta linking up with two supportive strikers. Right now it is a 4312 behind a F9 and a DLFa and all three are constantly changing their position relative to each other. All three can score and assist and play a mean combination through the middle. It is pretty hard to take all three out and when *that* happens, they most likely have created spaces for the wingbacks to bomb through.

Once I'm back home, I'll add a few screenshots :)

It took a bit longer. I used the "old" hotkey to screenshot and I was left without the goods. It also means I lost the screenshots of my Treq during the season :(

Below is the tactic that got me back-to-back promotions and a cup win:

_tactics.png.9f39818434db6706ee379d14508cdb59.png

And here are some stats from my AMcs. The first one is a bit (or a lot!) off because this player also took the set pieces. While the raw results are not too much affected (2 goals, 4 assists), the amount of crosses and chances created got quite disturbed.

_stats-AM.png.317068c0247b1d392f78fdbe70168fd9.png

In the second season I switched up my AMC, mainly because I successfully retrained Wallens for that role and who doesn't love an either-footed player with the PPM to dictate the tempo, play one-twos, come late into the box, and curl the ball? Wallens is worse than Amyn  in terms of skills but he has a better output from open plays and made Hong absolutely explode.

Discounting for the set pieces, Wallens is comparable in attack but generally plays "smarter". He runs less but has more interceptions, more tacklings, and far less offsides. And that is from a worse player in a better league. I am already looking forwards to how he performs in the Bundesliga!

Under the spoiler-tags are the stats of the full team for comparison.

Spoiler

_players-S1.png.0774bdb1d9bd8067bd18bec956bde76a.png

Season 1

-------------------------

_players-S2.png.ca082f141134d067fafc2b4d7a3cb0b5.png

Season 2

It is just a shame that the game doesn't reward the AMs with the ratings they deserve. I tried adapting the tactic to a 433 and their absence is hard-felt. It takes quite a few tweaks to get a similar style and is more dependent on player stock.

He takes a lot of pressure off his team-mates, is a constant short option, and generally makes the play more efficient. The 433 had a lot more panic in the final third with lower average quality. But unless he gets a goal or an assists, he struggles to get a 7.

9 minutes ago, yaşar said:

Hi could you wrıte up whole formation player roles etc ?

I can't remember exactly, pretty sure he was an AM(A) with Dribble and Shoot More.

CF(A)

IW(S)                 AM(A)                W(S)

CM(D)               CM(S)

Something like that, on Positive mentality, really simple

Just bare in mind, he doesn't do that every game and was one of only a few times I've seen a player directly take on another 

In my Ajax save I use Ryan Gravenberch in AMCa position (combined with Sebastien Haller as CFa, so AMCa/CFa combination seems to work out well for me too).

Gravenberch is just 19 years old in the first season, so his attributes are nowhere there yet, but he's by far the best creator in my team. In 16(2) league games he's scored 6, assisted 5, but created 22 chances, most often picking out forward players with through balls.

1 hour ago, Draakon said:

n my Ajax save I use Ryan Gravenberch in AMCa position (combined with Sebastien Haller as CFa, so AMCa/CFa combination seems to work out well for me too).

It's a great combo isn't it? Get the CF to drop/roam, basically move out of the way for the AMC to punch through :thup:

46 minutos atrás, Johnny Ace disse:

A few more nice SS clips, playing a 4-2-3-1 DM (I'm really warming to this shape this year) with a Pressing Forward (S)

Chong.gif.de39a721dc91228acaa91a1327ca0cf7.gif

Chong2.gif.94506818b92b8f768118653b53e145d0.gif

Chong3.gif.28449c401619be981855c61dac6f08d3.gif

Chong4.gif.8bdd2bc3b521830454e328e3b68b167b.gif

Chong5.gif.6e04a7d38bfc13ef632201015abcf520.gif

Good stuff, didn't think the SS would work well in a deep 4231. How is the rest of the setup looking?

38 minutes ago, arthurbf10 said:

Good stuff, didn't think the SS would work well in a deep 4231. How is the rest of the setup looking?

Me either really but I was just messing around and thought I'd try it

I've tried a few variations, but it was something like this:

PF(S)

W(S)                      SS(A)                      IW(S)

VOL(A)              DM(D)  

FB(S)         CD(D)              CD(D)            FB(A)

Positive, Play out of Defence, More Urgent

I asked the IW to Take More Risks and Cross Less, the Winger to Take More Risks

The DMs to Close Down Less and Take More Risks 

ETA: Just watching back those clips now, you can pick out the roles and see how they work 

You'd think with the DMs and an offensive AMC you'd struggle, but the players in FM22 are way more fluid, the SS drops quite deep at times and the Volante overlaps him and both fullbacks help fill the gaps. It's really quite solid defensively too    

Think this is the first 10 rating I've seen for an AMC in FM22

It's Lee Lynch getting some match fitness in my U-23's, in a 6-1 win, he got 5 contributions, here's every one of them:

1700637953_lynch1.gif.44c24e4b42c72a1ec87ecb48b2d83973.gif

I love this assist, how he drops off into space 

1554692263_lynch3.gif.65257301b3229f30a6d4b10404dcb1f3.gif

1748405456_lynch2.gif.406710c44f4cec991b2381d6497e68e6.gif

2105284919_lynch4.gif.8eedba9dbaf207af3c2c07cc31fa8d3b.gif

1448620388_lynch5.gif.48fdd9ec8bbf2ce92298b79d453a0baa.gif

He's playing here as an AP(A) which was my favourite AMC role from FM21 

Every year, I've found myself gravitating back towards the simple Attacking Midfielder role, and it's always performing very well. In FM20/21 I did do a long-ish save with a Treq and I have also used the Shadow Striker extensively ever since the old days of Strikerless formations. In FM22, I haven't seen how the Treq performs however. 

• 2 weeks later...

An update to my last post: I played two seasons more with only one minor tweak: I changed the AMs to an AMa. That was the change that completely catapulted my team to the stars. While the F9-AMs-combination rocked lower leagues and against far better teams as it created space for my star player on the right flank, it soon became apparent that this was too easily countered when playing against comparable-to-better teams that take me seriously.

The AMa takes more chances and plays more aggressively but doesn't rush in too early like the SS did in my first tests. He interacts with the other three offensive  players and the right wingback and his interactions with the F9 are varied. Sometimes the F9 comes deep and the AMa sprints into the box, sometimes it happens the other way 'round. Their scorecard and ratings are also way easier on the eye. Depending on luck and set pieces, they have between 11 and 18 goals and assists each and rating around 7,25. In my youth team I poached a new talent with "gets into opposition area" and his debut half-season was very promising. A lot more goals than his predecessor and still plenty of assists.

If I ever get bored with that save (which might happen relatively soon; I am winning too much with players under 20, am swimming in money, and have reached all my goals), I am starting a save centered around an Enganche. I haven't used that role in ages and I have ideas!

I'll try to get my stat-list uploaded tonight and hope I didn't overwrite the S3-stats. Because that season was my best all-around. The current one had more points and amazing cup matches both domestically and internationally but in the league there were a lot of close and lucky maches, including two months were every single match ended 1:0 :D

The SS vs the AM(A) is a pretty interesting topic

I was playing around with a partner for a DLF(S) and paired up with a SS just wasn't doing it for me, I changed to an AM(A) with a couple of PIs and liked it far more

I still don't find these ultra attacking roles in the AM slot to be all that attacking, when compared to other positions on the pitch myself. They'll all to eager to defend and are often in no hurry to get into advanced positions IMO. 

It's easy in FM to get IF's and strikers banging in an insane amount of goals. CMs & Volantes can even get great numbers, IWBs can even surprise you but you really have to bend over backwards to get an AM scoring 20 plus goals a season  

On a separate note, one thing in FM I like to call the "AMC shaft" it shafts all players but playmakers are known for getting that pass that finds the assister, like the pre assist. Players get no credit for this in FM

774066983_playmakershaft.gif.d94622d3141fcf424431dd52206a9e95.gif

246328628_playmakershaft2.gif.b5a6371e89a912f80bd6b807adc754ef.gif

A playmaker there was key to both goals in a 2-0 win and the poor chap ended up with a 6.9 rating, harsh :onmehead:

Here's a few clips from a recent match of my current AMC in my journeyman save, Emre Demir. He's going to Barca in real life and that's exactly what happened in my save, spent 5 or so years in the B-Team then went to Galatasaray and was left to rot so I managed to pick him for 900K in the BL2 7 or so seasons in. He's my highest paid player but has Flair and Technique in abundance, he has a release clause which is going to bite me in the ass one day :D 

30883543_Emrehatty1.gif.128d4ab28205c2459451116315696257.gif

2114971900_Emrehatty2.gif.35f61d6932f0a218373f35238bc9122e.gif

2073151324_Emrehatty3.gif.686e304e5ac0dc09e56d2a1d4a5783d6.gif

He bagged himself a hattie :eek:

18 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

The SS vs the AM(A) is a pretty interesting topic

Yeah I also asked the question too and tried them both and the SS is technically the deepest striker on pitch based on starting position and defending as they can drop to the central midfield. When considering support strikers it varies in defence and attack depending on the role. And as for the PF(d) I've never used it:lol:

I've been trying some 5 at the back lineups, initially inspired by Chelsea but I had the attacking trio like so:

DLF(A)             AF(A)

AM(A)

.. and the AM(A) works brilliantly, two upfront really seems to help him out as they occupy the centre backs unlike shapes with offensive wide players. The AF will push one back, the DLF will pull one out leaving an easy run through the middle for the AM. I'll try and get a few GIFs up tonight if I find a minute. I'm still not convinced by the 5-2-1-2 shape, defensively. Offensively it's superb and a lot of fun to watch but defensively not as solid as I like. I tried pushing one of the CD's up to the DM strata but things didn't really improve. I might try and pull the wing backs back & try it out in a 4-4-2 Diamond

Does anyone have have experience with 1-2 up top? Maybe a 4-3-1-2?

6 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

I've been toying with this because my strikers are better than my wingers. Defensively it has it's weaknesses. Very easy to get overwhelmed on the flanks. I had to counter press a lot and make sure my wide CMs were good defensively. 

On 26/04/2022 at 09:51, Johnny Ace said:

The AF will push one back, the DLF will pull one out

Here's sort of what I meant 

Richards.gif.ae4a11ea70f90d9b1712532589a36caa.gif

You can see the DLF to the left of him, he's got defenders around him on the edge of the box while the AF on his right pushes the other defender toward goal giving defenders a problem in picking up the AMC

From the same game, having two in front of him gives him options and you can see the DLF and AF doing the push-pull

Richards2.gif.18766305c510ff2a07d30821fed71424.gif

On 26/04/2022 at 09:51, Johnny Ace said:

I've been trying some 5 at the back lineups, initially inspired by Chelsea but I had the attacking trio like so:

DLF(A)             AF(A)

AM(A)

.. and the AM(A) works brilliantly, two upfront really seems to help him out as they occupy the centre backs unlike shapes with offensive wide players. The AF will push one back, the DLF will pull one out leaving an easy run through the middle for the AM. I'll try and get a few GIFs up tonight if I find a minute. I'm still not convinced by the 5-2-1-2 shape, defensively. Offensively it's superb and a lot of fun to watch but defensively not as solid as I like. I tried pushing one of the CD's up to the DM strata but things didn't really improve. I might try and pull the wing backs back & try it out in a 4-4-2 Diamond

Ive been using 2 CF systems for a while now, cant actually remember the last time I didnt use it actually but its my go to for sure.. Really enjoyed using it on fm22, atm im using 

AF         CF(S)

AM(A)

I also enjoy how the CF drops off the line allowing for the AM(A) to run into the space left behind especially when theres also an AF as he runs the channels and creates space also. 

Switched my team up from the 433 we've used for the past 6 years to this. It's only been 13 games so far but it's worked a treat. Diop who is my starter at CAM has 6 goals and 5 assists in 12 games and we're playing some lovely football

4312.PNG

3 hours ago, Louisking1992 said:

Ive been using 2 CF systems for a while now, cant actually remember the last time I didnt use it actually but its my go to for sure.. Really enjoyed using it on fm22, atm im using 

AF         CF(S)

AM(A)

I also enjoy how the CF drops off the line allowing for the AM(A) to run into the space left behind especially when theres also an AF as he runs the channels and creates space also. 

I've thought about the 2 up top system and would happily use a CF(S/A) in place of the DLF, they're not as common though :D, and a PF(S) or P(A) in place of the AF. the channel running from the AF is certainly a benefit :thup:  

55 minutes ago, Waseyx said:

Switched my team up from the 433 we've used for the past 6 years to this. It's only been 13 games so far but it's worked a treat. Diop who is my starter at CAM has 6 goals and 5 assists in 12 games and we're playing some lovely football

4312.PNG

Do you use any specific Player Instructions in your tactic (and if so, which ones)?

I'm trying it out right now and Dani Olmo seems to like the Trequartista spot :D

50 minutes ago, JoOSTAR said:

Do you use any specific Player Instructions in your tactic (and if so, which ones)?

I'm trying it out right now and Dani Olmo seems to like the Trequartista spot :D

Nope, just as you see it, wanted to start off with a base and add instructions as needed but it played great.

I'm planning on switching the LB to a WB(A) also but currently don't have the player for the role.

4 minutes ago, Waseyx said:

Nope, just as you see it, wanted to start off with a base and add instructions as needed but it played great.

I'm planning on switching the LB to a WB(A) also but currently don't have the player for the role.

Alright thanks man! It's playing brilliant in my RB Leipzig squad.

Can you show the attributes of your Treq (Diop)? Really curious how he looks like.

This is probably old news but it's news to me

Not sure if anyone's noticed this or it's just common knowledge that passed me by but I've noticed something interesting with the Enganche

Playmaker roles, when your team's in possession, as well as the team playing through them and looking for them, they will gravitate toward the ball. You'll notice how they'll drop back and move toward the flanks to make themselves available. An Enganche won't do that, which makes sense as they're a fairly static role in terms of movement but it helps keep them in that number 10 position

I'm starting a new save and have to use roles I generally avoid, so Enganche, Raumdeuter and Volante, probably in a 4231. Does anyone have suggestions for a CF that works well with an Enganche? I was thinking Poacher or Complete Forward.

And here is a clip of the Trequartista in my old Fiorentina save. It perfectly shows what I love about him, drops deep to create a flat 3 midfield, then as they progress the ball through the left diamond, times his run and scores. 

Spoiler

The tactic is a 3412, pretty high scoring but against stronger teams the DW have to play as WB. 

oozZMZw.png

8iQaGQL.png

He should have won the Ballon d'Or in 32/33 instead of my striker, the only season he almost reached as many assists as goals.

Edited by chewbaccaloveaddiction

5 hours ago, chewbaccaloveaddiction said:

I'm starting a new save and have to use roles I generally avoid, so Enganche, Raumdeuter and Volante

I like your style!!! I'm currently using a Pressing Forward on Defend :D

8 minutes ago, chewbaccaloveaddiction said:

Thanks, I hope I can post some nice assists of my Enganche soon. I've used the PF(d) a few times when I just wanted to defend a lead, always replaced the 10 with a 6 though, so never used it in that combination.

I hope you can to, I always found the Enganche pretty boring, it's not like he'll go on mazy runs or pop off one into the top corner very often :D I do like he doesn't go ball hunting though like other playmakers and he does a great job in linking play 

What sort of system are you going for?  I always try and create plenty of movement around him else things can end up a bit flat, like a Poacher ahead of him I can't imagine is ideal, a role that has more freedom or likes to move into the channels would pair well 

20 hours ago, chewbaccaloveaddiction said:

I'm starting a new save and have to use roles I generally avoid, so Enganche, Raumdeuter and Volante, probably in a 4231. Does anyone have suggestions for a CF that works well with an Enganche? I was thinking Poacher or Complete Forward

During 19(?) I used an EG as pivot in a front three with a RMD, Ws (traited to act like a IWs) and a CFa. It was a pretty interesting build and the EG linked up very well with the CFa whereas the CFa and  Ws set up the RMD. It was fun!

I am currently in the process of writing up on my take on the EG/RMD/VOL-combination. Let's just say it is absolutely amazing. Playing as Union Berlin (who should be in solid midfield or -- after Kruse left -- lower half at best) I am outscoring my opponents and doing absolute wonders. I am around 3 goals/match right now and it isn't even undeserving. Most of which come from the RMD and AFa (43 out of 50) with the assists being evenly divided between the top four and the VOL.

I use an AFa as striking partner with both roles changing positions during the match. My endgoal is to have one player to run often and arrive late and one breaking the offside trap and running rarely. This makes it really hard to get both out of the game, especially as the switch positions so often. Currently this is mostly achieved through their skills but it can go even better!

This is how the formation looks: SKd---WBs-CD-BPD-FBs---DMd/HBd-VOLa---RMD-EG-IWs---AFa. If I'm really dominant, the opponent has no AMC AND my CDs outpace and outmove the opposition, I change the two midfielders to CMd/CMs which puts the attacking movements on steroids -- More long and diagonal balls from the midfield skipping the EG but also more short passes looking for an opening, giving me plenty of possession and shots.

My best idea in this setup was to give the VOL a lot of creative liberties and incentivize him to act as a pseudo-playmaker as well. Playing long and wide, he can set both strikers in motion as soon as he gets the ball. With the VOLa being high up for a DM and the winger on his side (IWs) coming deep, he has a natural short option that is also supported by the FB overlapping and the focus being set on his side. An on top the EG is a playmaker, giving the VOL three options to proceed.

The main downside I have with the EG this year is that he runs too much. Even with he PPM to get balls played on his feet, he gets nearly 16km/game and does movements he should not be doing.  Which is a shame because he should be staying more static and if at all drift to the right due to the focus being set there.

If he has a good game, he helps a lot by rescuing attacks that are stuck too far up without support and the dangerous through balls to the strikers. But too often he gets stuck with a 6.2 or something like that because he gets marked to oblivion and back, putting the focus on the other players. Which makes his scoresheet look kinda funny with lots of droughts and then suddenly like 5 assists in two games.

On 23/04/2022 at 11:58, Johnny Ace said:

Here's a few clips from a recent match of my current AMC in my journeyman save, Emre Demir. He's going to Barca in real life and that's exactly what happened in my save, spent 5 or so years in the B-Team then went to Galatasaray and was left to rot so I managed to pick him for 900K in the BL2 7 or so seasons in. He's my highest paid player but has Flair and Technique in abundance, he has a release clause which is going to bite me in the ass one day :D 

30883543_Emrehatty1.gif.128d4ab28205c2459451116315696257.gif

2114971900_Emrehatty2.gif.35f61d6932f0a218373f35238bc9122e.gif

2073151324_Emrehatty3.gif.686e304e5ac0dc09e56d2a1d4a5783d6.gif

He bagged himself a hattie :eek:

Any PI on your AMCa ?

• 3 weeks later...

My AMC bust his ankle and was out for half the season, he came back with 5 games of the season left and decided to rip it up with 7 goals and 2 assists

Here they are!

Goal  1 v Ham.gif

Goal 2 v Ham.gif

Goal v WB.gif

Goal 1 v Union.gif

Goal 2 v Union.gif

Assist v Koln.gif

Goal 1 v Hoff.gif

Assist v Hoff.gif

Goal 2 v Hoff.gif

Now Dortmund, Barca and erm, West Ham want him

Untitled.png.2e8c884568a0e55a8ff1a3d94cb09c7b.png

1 hour ago, beverage1982 said:

Nice work. What's your set up look like at the mo?

Just doing some preseason tinkering but right now, it's:

Untitled.png.5f34ca199a9ad552911a3743475fa4bc.png

I was using an AM(A) with PI's than pretty much made it a Shadow Striker, so changed it to try out in the freindlies

Just signed this guy to play there 

Untitled.thumb.png.486ece7f5b2f6afbc791b598030a608c.png

Considering anyone close to him, I'm looking at £80 to £100 million but Burnley just got relegated so I got him for £48 million and he can play up front, I think he should be useful 

35 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

Just doing some preseason tinkering but right now, it's:

Untitled.png.5f34ca199a9ad552911a3743475fa4bc.png

I was using an AM(A) with PI's than pretty much made it a Shadow Striker, so changed it to try out in the freindlies

Just signed this guy to play there 

Untitled.thumb.png.486ece7f5b2f6afbc791b598030a608c.png

Considering anyone close to him, I'm looking at £80 to £100 million but Burnley just got relegated so I got him for £48 million and he can play up front, I think he should be useful 

Nice. How you finding the IF on support ? I'm struggling to get mine going at mo

23 minutes ago, beverage1982 said:

Nice. How you finding the IF on support ? I'm struggling to get mine going at mo

Awesome!! I had to upgrade him as the previous one wasn't performing well but he was mid level, so I went with basically, a creative striker here and he's been brilliant. I needed to nail the attributes here else they'd be a passenger 

24 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

Awesome!! I had to upgrade him as the previous one wasn't performing well but he was mid level, so I went with basically, a creative striker here and he's been brilliant. I needed to nail the attributes here else they'd be a passenger 

That's good to know. I'm using Coutinho so should be great but think my Am and striker roles are hindering him

5 minutes ago, beverage1982 said:

That's good to know. I'm using Coutinho so should be great but think my Am and striker roles are hindering him

You're probably right, I can't see his profile right now but I guess Coutinho is about creativity and flair so he'd stand out a bit more in a 4-3-3 DM or something similar