[FM22] MorrisseyMuse's Attention To Detail Stat Update

HISTORY/THE LONG-WINDED SPEECH...

Whenever I play FM, I'm never truly happy with player stats and other little niggles (I blame the OCD :D), so I've decided to start up once again an old project of mine, an 'ongoing update' of sorts, where I will be updating player and manager stats, CA, PA, positions, etc.

I aim to put as many transfers in as I can, but I am but one man doing this part time and there's many other amazing updates that focus on this.  I want this update to be more focused on the details of players and clubs,. which will set it apart from other updates I hope!

NB: I have full admiration and respect for the scouts that work on FM and no disrespect is intended with this project; it's just an alternative that I plan on rolling out weekly or bi-weekly (hopefully! lol), to give the community more regular updates on players and teams as they happen throughout the season; and a different game database and that can also hopefully be influenced with input from the community itself. :)

So I've waffled on long enough...!

WHAT'S IN THE UPDATE?

• The ONLY update with regular player and staff updating! - attributes, CA, PA, positions, etc.
  • Relationships - Managers fall out with a player?  Friendships forming off the pitch?  Staff leave a club under less than mutual circumstances? you'll see the fallout in the next update! :)
  • Players' mental attributes - a player has a burst of form, a brush with the law off the pitch, a sudden transfer request or a drop in consistency, for example, will all be addressed in player stats!
  • Teams - club rep, stadiums, correct names, new kits, etc..  Juventus FC and Mancheser United's rel names and details added in!
  • Leagues - All of the promtions and relations and tournament/cup winers for the 19/20 season updated as and when results come in and correct/more accurate league/cup names added!
  • Injuries - added/removed as and when they happen!
  • New players/youth/wonderkids = added if/when they are discovered!

INSTALLATION:

1. Download the .fmf file from the link below.
  2. Copy/paste it into your 'Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2022 > editor data' folder
  3. When you start a new game, select '22.1.0 Update' database in the top right
  4. Select the 'MorrisseyMuse Stat Updates option under 'File' section, if not already ticked.
  5. Enjoy!

DOWNLOAD LINK/VERSION:

Coming very soon! :)

Can you not make transfers of players? Or make it a separate file. Since there are already such services as FMTU and would not like to conflict files with any other creators.

There are a lot of errors in the standard database on the forum. It would be cool if they did too.

Thank you!

1 hour ago, bahmet said:

Can you not make transfers of players? Or make it a separate file. Since there are already such services as FMTU and would not like to conflict files with any other creators.

There are a lot of errors in the standard database on the forum. It would be cool if they did too.

Thank you!

Thanks for your suggestion!

This is something I've considered doing for a while actually and I spoke to a couple of prolific updaters last season about this.  I'm all for players merging our databases together to get the 'best of both worlds'; my only concern with this has always been that compatibility factor and just how stable the end product would be, as transfer updates still tend to have at least some editing of teams and player info in them also.

I'm certainly willing to try a no transfers/'untouched' database of player/team/competitions-only data update though! :)

• 1 month later...

Happy new year everyone! :) I hope the festive period has been great for you all.

Just a quick update to say the first iteration of my new update will be out very soon! :)

Expect 1,000's of players individually inspected and information updated! this includes: stats, CA/PA, relationships, appearance, squad numbers and much more!  Many teams and competitions have also been updated with correct names, rivalries, morale, etc.

I've also decided to focus on players and teams and not to add anyone and to limit transfers also.  This is to increase compatibility hopefully with other updates out there and give players the 'best of both worlds', should you wish to combine updates. :)  I'm not sure how successful this will be at this stage, but I'm going to try and do my bit by limiting transfers anyway. :D

So that's the quick update; I'm back from the festive break working on the update again now and watch this space for a release hopefully very soon! :)

On 02/01/2022 at 06:45, dino88 said:

happy new year! what leagues are you covering?

My primary experience is with the English Premier league, but I have knowledge of alot of players abroad also and use any chance to watch matches in other cvountries as 'scouting missions'. :D

So yeah, Premier League is the most covered, but there are 1000's of changes throughout the big leagues in Europe and a few players/clubs further afield are covered also.  This reach will only increase with each update. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hola folks!  I hope everyone is well.

Now that the season is over for most of us, the update is also drawing to a close and is about ready - finally! - to be released!

Apologises I wasn't quite able to get more versions out sooner, but I am 'future proofing' this update with 100's of new and leaked 2022/23 season kits and a few already announced major transfers!

i tried to link some imgur pics but the [img] tags don't seem to like me at the mo! :D

Edited by MorrisseyMuse

Hola folks!  Here's a few pics as promised of the update, including Rudiger at Real and some looks at the 2022/23 season kits for City, Chelsea and Liverpool!

1 - tIb1G9X.jpg

2 - f6AgQUH.jpg

3 - LBDwCvp.jpg

4 - Y9O3dlM.jpg

6 - rm1siMr.jpg

7 - 9GrWARl.jpg

8 - ZYaCx19.jpg

9 - lDc9N08.jpg

10 - Kf9GhAJ.jpg

11 - AW8O6UY.jpg

12 - RJ3TH7Y.jpg

13 - 1EfXuqG.jpg

Edited by MorrisseyMuse

• 4 months later...

Hola folks!

I hope you are all well?  Unfortunately I was diagnosed with an eye condition in June which severely limited my screen time and as such I had to abandon this project sadly.  While my condition hasn't been cured, I have received early forms of treatment at least, that have enabled me to resume my passion for editing again! :)

So boring excuse/history outo f the way, this means that I will be back with a new 'attention to detail' stat update for FM23 upon its release next month!  :D

Features will include:

• Player and manager stat updates - constantly updated stats as the season progresses!
  • Player and manager personality updates - favoured/hated personnel, hidden character attributes, etc.
  • Player altered/updated appearances (for the 3D engine)
  • Player form - an emphasis on big game performances and consistency as player develop reputations for reliability or perhaps 'big game bottlers'!
  • Club updates - finances, kits, morale, reputation, etc..
  • Compatibility with transfer updates - allowing for transfers and my own stat updates together in your game! (WIP)

The purpose of my update and what sets it apart from most of the others here, is a focus purely on the key areas listed above - a true 'attention to detail' throughout - to give the most updated and realistic representation of each individual player and club's own personalities and skill sets.

My update will NOT include any transfers or loans.  There are already many utterly amazing, multi-person, transfer update-focused updates released (and I'm sure will continue on in to FM23 :)).  I do this update (as well as a fantasy video games one and an update for FM 2008! - threads to follow very soon, check my profile/posts for links!), all by myself in my spare time and could not possibly hope to compete, nor would I want to!

I instead hope to see this update as something long term that will be the perfect compliment to the other transfer updates, as the separate focus I have on clubs and player data will hopefully lead to improved compatibility and the ability to run my updates alongside any others. :)  The level of success of this will vary from update to update and game to game I'm sure, but I will at least be using FM23 to experiment with this being more of a possibility!

However you choose to experience my update in FM23 though, I just sincerely hope that you - as ever - enjoy! :D