FM22 officially out Tell me what teams you managing and what you want to achieve

With the new dynamic youth ratings this game is begging for an adventure with a team from a small nation.

F.C Andorra - In the Spanish third division, but the team is based in Andorra. The team is owned by a consortium led by Gerard Pique. They recently did a rebranding and has a really nice logo and fresh kits. Team is good enough for a top half finish, and with the right tactic/signings you can fight for promotion to La Liga 2 in the first season. They have good training and youth facilities for their level. It's both a challenge in itself to get the team to the La Liga, but the side-challenge is trying to build Andorra as a nation. Try to do well with the team and nation to increase their youth rating so you can get some good regens.

FC Vaduz - Plays in Switzerland but the team is based in Liechtenstein. They got relegated from the top division last year. This is a massive challenge, as you can't get into the champions league if you win the Swiss league, since the team is from Liechtenstein. You get european football from winning the Liechtenstein-cup, which you do every year, but the nation is not rated highly enough to get into the CL qualifiers. So the only way to get into CL is to WIN the Europa League. Also, same as with Andorra, challenge is to build the nation.

I'll be doing a building a nation Challenge. I initially wanted to go for Gibraltar but I think it's a licensed league so the price Monday for winning the league will be static so I'll probably go for a league that is not licensed like San Marino

First time back to the series since FM18 or so, but I'm picking up where I left off in terms of playing style: start unemployed with no experience/badges, lots of leagues active, and see what happens. Not playing full LLM style, but something in that direction.

I had a few offers in Sweden's bottom tier but they didn't quite feel right to me. Had an interview at a struggling side in the Chilean second tier but they went for someone else.

In October/November I started getting a few offers from English lower league (NL/NLN/NLS) sides. I'd been intending to go somewhere a bit more left field, but when Dover came in for me their 12 point deduction seemed like an interesting challenge. I think it was mid-November when I took over, and up to that point they'd gained exactly 12 points, so I started from 0 with the four teams above me all on 12 or 13pts. After a win in my first game I lost 4 of the next 5, but I'm starting to turn things around and get a few points on the board. We're now only 3 points from lifting ourselves off the bottom of the table, but we're still 11 behind the bottom non-relegation spot. Board expectation is only to battle bravely against relegation, so I think I'm doing ok-ish there even if not great. Star player's loan has finished and his club have no interest in letting him come back, but if I can find a decent creative midfielder (and ideally a little more backup at DM) before the end of January I think I have a chance of staying up. It'll most likely have to be a loan, though, as there's only about £30 p/w left in the wage budget and no transfer budget to shift into it. There are a few useless players on reasonably high wages who I'm trying to find new homes for, but so far other clubs don't want them any more than I do...

Oxford City, like I always do. Plan is to see how far I can take the team, the goal is UCL glory but the farthest I've ever gotten is L1. 

Also debating doing a Glory Hunter or Build a Nation(with a Scandinavian team), but Oxford City will be my main save. 

Karlslunds, a 2nd division South Svealand Swedish team. For a semi pro team it's pretty nice. Starts with average adult and youth training facilities, and adequate youth recruitment. Also starts with a heavy $3.5 million in the bank. Abandoning my first save at the moment. Won the first title, moving me up to first division within first year... which wasn't a surprise since it was a good team poised in that place. Then they gave me something like 1.6 million in transfer budget and 800k payroll which is absurdly large for that level, but I took advantage of a small fraction of that and rocketed up into First Division Elite, then the Premier leagues.

Too fast for me, really. Want to go back to start, slow down the pace of advancement. Perhaps hyperfocus train the team into a holistic catenaccio, getting everyone on the team to have a 14-15+ in marking, anticipation, defensive positioning, so even the big pro teams would find it difficult to penetrate into the half. Combine that perhaps with an absurdly patient game at the lowest levels of tempo imaginable, so the one or two shots that are hit at the opposition net are bound to go in. Just be the laziest team on the pitch, come out winning, and fresh as a daisy. Make the team culture "Unambitious", which also makes it absurdly loyal as a benefit. After all that's set up, head into the Euro Cup II, annoy everyone by the anti-football that somehow wins time after time while nobody on the team seems to care that they're even there. 

Alternatively, I have been wanting to see what happens to horrifically unsportsmanlike clubs. That could be fun.

39 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Finally trying to get the club I support, Stirling Albion, to win the Champions League. Never came close before, determined to do it this year. 

Scotland League 2 for me as well, Stranraer, the Scottish team I adopted after a holiday job near there.  Still fiddling with the demo so not decided yet whether to get FM22 and start afresh or to continue the really enjoyable season and a bit I've got through in FM21 (lost in playoffs ironically to Stirling, but more importantly  invested considerable time completely revamping the squad so already attached to the save).  I doubt I'm good enough to dominate, but I'd like to become an established Premier Division club.  A shorter term aim is to reach the Championship and avoid relegation which I don't think Stranraer have ever managed in real life.

Le 11/11/2021 à 11:07, mpfm a dit :

With the new dynamic youth ratings this game is begging for an adventure with a team from a small nation.

F.C Andorra - In the Spanish third division, but the team is based in Andorra. The team is owned by a consortium led by Gerard Pique. They recently did a rebranding and has a really nice logo and fresh kits. Team is good enough for a top half finish, and with the right tactic/signings you can fight for promotion to La Liga 2 in the first season. They have good training and youth facilities for their level. It's both a challenge in itself to get the team to the La Liga, but the side-challenge is trying to build Andorra as a nation. Try to do well with the team and nation to increase their youth rating so you can get some good regens.

FC Vaduz - Plays in Switzerland but the team is based in Liechtenstein. They got relegated from the top division last year. This is a massive challenge, as you can't get into the champions league if you win the Swiss league, since the team is from Liechtenstein. You get european football from winning the Liechtenstein-cup, which you do every year, but the nation is not rated highly enough to get into the CL qualifiers. So the only way to get into CL is to WIN the Europa League. Also, same as with Andorra, challenge is to build the nation.

Really looking forward to your adventure 

Le 11/11/2021 à 12:46, Cause = Time a dit :

First time back to the series since FM18 or so, but I'm picking up where I left off in terms of playing style: start unemployed with no experience/badges, lots of leagues active, and see what happens. Not playing full LLM style, but something in that direction.

I had a few offers in Sweden's bottom tier but they didn't quite feel right to me. Had an interview at a struggling side in the Chilean second tier but they went for someone else.

In October/November I started getting a few offers from English lower league (NL/NLN/NLS) sides. I'd been intending to go somewhere a bit more left field, but when Dover came in for me their 12 point deduction seemed like an interesting challenge. I think it was mid-November when I took over, and up to that point they'd gained exactly 12 points, so I started from 0 with the four teams above me all on 12 or 13pts. After a win in my first game I lost 4 of the next 5, but I'm starting to turn things around and get a few points on the board. We're now only 3 points from lifting ourselves off the bottom of the table, but we're still 11 behind the bottom non-relegation spot. Board expectation is only to battle bravely against relegation, so I think I'm doing ok-ish there even if not great. Star player's loan has finished and his club have no interest in letting him come back, but if I can find a decent creative midfielder (and ideally a little more backup at DM) before the end of January I think I have a chance of staying up. It'll most likely have to be a loan, though, as there's only about £30 p/w left in the wage budget and no transfer budget to shift into it. There are a few useless players on reasonably high wages who I'm trying to find new homes for, but so far other clubs don't want them any more than I do...

Seems like a big task but i like the challenge keep me up to date with your save

Le 11/11/2021 à 20:10, Domathon a dit :

Feel strange/dirty as a toon fan but winning the CL within 5 years as the board want ( with the amount of goals my defence scores from corners shouldn’t take that long 🤔 

Newcastle i feel like everyone is gonna do a save with them should be fun

Le 11/11/2021 à 21:26, Dagenham_Dave a dit :

Finally trying to get the club I support, Stirling Albion, to win the Champions League. Never came close before, determined to do it this year. 

This one takes time patience and motivation good luck

On 11/11/2021 at 09:17, fc.cadoni said:

I am playing exclusive LLM

I'm about to start randomly as Beltinci FC in Slovenia playing purely LLM too.

I've got no particular goals other than to experience the ups and downs that a real manager would and perhaps experience a few nations that i've never managed in before.

Of course i've extensively done a Google Street-view walkabout first to acclimatise and looked up a few local nightspots to get myself in the mood.  I've also checked for suitable accommodation based on my wages.  

3 hours ago, Brother Ben said:

I'm about to start randomly as Beltinci FC in Slovenia playing purely LLM too.

I've got no particular goals other than to experience the ups and downs that a real manager would and perhaps experience a few nations that i've never managed in before.

Of course i've extensively done a Google Street-view walkabout first to acclimatise and looked up a few local nightspots to get myself in the mood.  I've also checked for suitable accommodation based on my wages.  

So relieved it’s not just me that does the Street View walk around the stadium 😂

1 hour ago, Brother Ben said:

Gotta be done mate, how would you know how to find your office otherwise?  :D

I usually find my office wherever I parked it 😂

Anyway, to answer the OP, my plan is to start in Bulgaria this year either with Sozopol or Neftochimic Burgas. Been to both places and they are lovely.  Although, my mind changes like the wind so things could change. My FM journey usually begins with a failure in Turkey trying to bring Ankara it's first title. Will be aiming to move around that area of the world in my save, perhaps trying to bring the Champions Cup back to Romania and/or Serbia too.

18 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

I usually find my office wherever I parked it 😂

Anyway, to answer the OP, my plan is to start in Bulgaria this year either with Sozopol or Neftochimic Burgas. Been to both places and they are lovely.  Although, my mind changes like the wind so things could change. My FM journey usually begins with a failure in Turkey trying to bring Ankara it's first title. Will be aiming to move around that area of the world in my save, perhaps trying to bring the Champions Cup back to Romania and/or Serbia too.

I'm still working my way through these so not all leagues are finished but here's Bulgaria for you :)

Probably after patch i will take on my long time save idea to start with 0 skill + unemployed and only try to get job at home country. Will start building my CV from there and see where the manager road takes.

On 14/11/2021 at 11:42, Lemoche said:

Seems like a big task but i like the challenge keep me up to date with your save

Well, it didn't quite go to plan. All my strikers forgot how to score and we went 14 games without a win. We turned that around in the final few weeks and put a few good results together, but it was too late and relegation was confirmed with 2 games left to play. Ended the season 22nd out of 23 teams, 8 points from safety. Considering the state the club was in when I arrived, I'm taking "didn't finish bottom" as a success even if I had hoped for more. I'll stick around to take a shot at promotion next season. Lots of dead wood coming off the wage bill and some decent free transfers already sorted out.

Le 15/11/2021 à 15:25, Cause = Time a dit :

Well, it didn't quite go to plan. All my strikers forgot how to score and we went 14 games without a win. We turned that around in the final few weeks and put a few good results together, but it was too late and relegation was confirmed with 2 games left to play. Ended the season 22nd out of 23 teams, 8 points from safety. Considering the state the club was in when I arrived, I'm taking "didn't finish bottom" as a success even if I had hoped for more. I'll stick around to take a shot at promotion next season. Lots of dead wood coming off the wage bill and some decent free transfers already sorted out.

It motivates you to go one step better