FENECH's WORLD SUPER LEAGUE FM22

1 hour ago, RubenS2 said:

Hey Fenesh,

This database looks great. Is it compatible with a real name fix? If so, what one?

Thanks in advance!

It will NOT work with (Real Name Fix) sorry, because I have based it in the United Kingdom. 

2 hours ago, Fabian90 said:

Hi Fenech,

I don't want tot rush you, but do you have an ETA?
My friends and i want to play you league tonight.
So then we know if we should keep the evening free?

Can't wait to play your league:) 

Fabian

Hi Fabian

I have just finished updating the world divisions and the 19th league. (Check OP)

I will release at 7.30pm

Edited by Fenech

5 minutes ago, PatjePauw said:

Setting up a game now! I guess I only have to load up World UK and just have fun?

I want to thank you in advance. I'm in between a save right now, so this release is the perfect timing.

Welcome :)  Yes indeed. You can load up anything you want but Just the world uk is more than sufficient!

33 minutes ago, PatjePauw said:

Hey, is this compatibale with a Data Update? I see that there are fake players, staff etc.

EDIT: Whoooooops my mistake! Checked the wrong box while creating a save.....

No bother! :)

17 minutes ago, nickvelt said:

Hello Fenech,

I cant find the U18 competition in the game.

I only have a second team in  a competition and a U21 team that only plays in two cups.

right so I decided to go with a Reserve Team which isn't restricted by Age (so you can put older players in there that perhaps you don't want/need in the first team) and they will be eligible to play in those game and you can also put your better 'youth' players in there too, they have a full league for every division and several cup competition. &

An U21 team - which replaces the U18 team, it means you can have players of up to 21 years in there, they play a few cups, you can arrange friendlies if you like, its for the younger player who are not quite ready or need competitive football yet. 

or you can now use the amazing loan market, because the divisions are now so competitive, the first team football they will get will really aid their development even in the lower tiers of the pyramid.

I might look at adding a league for the U21's as well in a future update. :thup:

I wanted to get away from the old U23 & U18 system as older players were not eligible to play in those league matchers and I don't see the point of an U23 & U18, when you can just have a Reserves & and an U21's.. which doesn't discriminate by age in terms of who is eligible to play in those competitions.

48 minutes ago, RubenS2 said:

Hey, I wanted to start a game, but the competitions name doesn't match... I don't play with a name fix, so I don't see the cause of the problem (the name of the league)...

image.png.bc557681da584c5a50031fd0a20bee1e.png

This database doesn't work with real name fix. I would remove any other editor data files to see if that fixes the issue for you. If not, you will need to reinstall the game and try again. There must be a real name fix in one of the other editor data files you are using.

1 hour ago, Charles1970 said:

Player like Guus Till and Cyriel Dessers are in the FM22 database with Feyenoord but not with Feyenoord when i start the game with your release.

Different Databases for sure so you get what you get with it. It's not going to include every single player in the latest updates and at the same time, you will have players in my database, no longer in the latest fm update. so its pins and needles, not the same haystack.

Edited by Fenech

Hey Fenech,

Thank you for responding.

I still believe it is amazing what you do and bring with FM, but if you include the transfer of Christiano Ronaldo with Man United (27 august '21) and not include Guus Till (well before 27 august transfer of Ronaldo) sounds not very fair and realistic (I am a Feyenoord supporter) Please don't take it the wrong way. You made a decision which i don't agree with. Still believe you do incredible work and are a breath of fresh in the FM community.

Still in anticipation of your Legends release.

Take Care dude

33 minutes ago, Charles1970 said:

Hey Fenech,

Thank you for responding.

I still believe it is amazing what you do and bring with FM, but if you include the transfer of Christiano Ronaldo with Man United (27 august '21) and not include Guus Till (well before 27 august transfer of Ronaldo) sounds not very fair and realistic (I am a Feyenoord supporter) Please don't take it the wrong way. You made a decision which i don't agree with. Still believe you do incredible work and are a breath of fresh in the FM community.

Still in anticipation of your Legends release.

Take Care dude

I completely agree with that. It is not fair however if everything was the same and everyone had the same ideas then of course, everyone would get really bored. In a future update, guus may well find himself at PSV. For now his development is ongoing elsewhere. :)

Hi Fenech,

I've been playing your WSL with some friends. After the first season we noticed that game schedule has changed. Normaly on matchday, we all play on the exact same day and time. But after the first season, we still play on the same day but at different times. Like I play at 15:00h, my friend at 15:15h and my other friend at 15:30h. Is this something you've set up or can we somehow influence this a bit? Matchday take like a lot of time atm watching 3 matches each playing day.

Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, wesleybodijn said:

Hi Fenech,

I've been playing your WSL with some friends. After the first season we noticed that game schedule has changed. Normaly on matchday, we all play on the exact same day and time. But after the first season, we still play on the same day but at different times. Like I play at 15:00h, my friend at 15:15h and my other friend at 15:30h. Is this something you've set up or can we somehow influence this a bit? Matchday take like a lot of time atm watching 3 matches each playing day.

Thanks in advance!

Hey Wesley,

I am happy that you are playing this with your friends. The only stipulation when starting the game is that the matches are on Saturday at 3pm. Now unfortunately that changing after the first season would not be something that I set up, Like all databases, it is still affected by any updates that happen from FM and also how you actually choose to start the game (the network host) I normally start using wed and saturdays only, is that something you have done? It may be that some games are then moved for TV purposes etc. etc. So to be more specific, I am responsible for the first season but then what happens after that is out of my hands because databases can change slightly and times may alter depending on the updates and the options the host chooses when they start up a network game. Hopefully that makes sense. I have not put in any extra rules or changed that part of the database, so whatever was in place before in the original database, is still in place. Matches will be moved. It has more than likely been a cause of what rules the host set up when he made the network save. (see below)

0cbf2845c32da31f3532962f1547ff2e.png

I normally use saturday and wed matchdays to ensure match days are the same. match times though , could still be affected. but normally i find that is not the case. Don't allow matches to be moved could be an option to solve but if you e.g. allow matches to be moved for TV then of course that can affect the times too. Hope that provided some extra insight for you.. 

@FenechHaving a great time playing this! However, one item to note. I'm playing as FC Cincinnati and in August 2023 the restructured CONCACAF Champions League competition comes into play. It gets up to the point of having me register my team and get to the first match of the CONCACAF Champions League, and I can't get past it. Can't get to team selection to play it and can't vacation past it without the game crashing. Any ideas?

Hi Dodis,

I am happy you are having a great time playing this. I tried to replicate the issue but have been unable to do so. Do you mean the North American Champions League? Can you send me your save game file so I can investigate further? Thanks

22 hours ago, Dodis said:

I will send you a save file!

Thanks for sending met the save file. Having finished investigating I found there was a bug of some kind regarding American Teams and their entry into the North American Champions League in Aug 2023. I have now located the bug, fixed it and updated the files, so that anyone who plays with a US team from now on, shall not encounter this issues. You can either start again by download the new updated file or you can take over a non american team - holiday past that date and then carry on with your save. So sorry for any inconvenience caused and thank you for bringing it to my attention.

4 hours ago, Fenech said:

Thanks for sending met the save file. Having finished investigating I found there was a bug of some kind regarding American Teams and their entry into the North American Champions League in Aug 2023. I have now located the bug, fixed it and updated the files, so that anyone who plays with a US team from now on, shall not encounter this issues. You can either start again by download the new updated file or you can take over a non american team - holiday past that date and then carry on with your save. So sorry for any inconvenience caused and thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Thank you so much!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really liking the look of this format! Amazing work Fenech, I can't wait to play this properly.

However given I haven't had much chance to play over the Christmas period I've been running an extended holiday game / test to check the dynamics and have made it through to the mid 2050's in the game. Just a couple of observations:

- In general the finances seem to be well balanced (with the exception of the comment below about Santos Laguna!)

- The leagues are really competitive, whilst teams have gone on runs of winning the league for 4-5 years in a row, they can then go on a bad run of consecutive relegations. As a result you see the likes of Liverpool winning the Super League for a couple of seasons early on, then getting relegated down to the 3rd and 4th tiers, the same with Bayern Munich.

- You also see some teams making rises up the league structures. Atalanta and Real Sociedad are recent trophy winners in my game. Cerro Porteno from Paraguay have had a meteoric rise from the Gatekeeper leagues up to the World Premier League (2) and PFK Ludogrets have risen from League 13 to be on the verge of promotion to the World Super League

- You don't just see the European teams dominating. Whilst the trophy winners are predominantly large European clubs, there remain a fair share of South American teams in the top leagues

A couple of (potential) issues that I've noticed to be aware of. These definitely don't appear to be game breaking, but might be potential areas to explore in future tweaks Fenech if you were going to make any further adjustments:

- In my game Santos Laguna have become the richest club in the world with a bank balance of £1.2 billion thanks to individual TV deals (£454 million a year!). Will be interesting to see if this continues on an ongoing basis and whether they start to dominate the world

- Teams from all countries start to lose their domestic bias and become more 'international' in their make up i.e. a South America side will recruit players and managers from all around the world. English clubs do the same though, so they truly become international squads. I had expected regens to cause an issue here with clubs becoming dominated with English players or players with English second nationalities but this doesn't seem to be happening

- Some of the teams continue to compete in their domestic competitions. The 2 that I've spotted are that Flamengo continue to compete in South American competitions, Paris SG still compete in the Trophee des Champions in France 

- The NxtGen competition for leading new regen players starts to be awarded to players at non-playable clubs that aren't in the playable leagues as early as the mid 2020's. This is a bit of a shame (and unrealistic given the relevant strengths of those teams and competitions) but presumably is coded into how the game handles youth development???

- Managers appear to be far more mecenary about moving between clubs in this database compared to the main game. Often they are staying for less than a season before moving on - Whilst in the main these appear to be 'sensible' decisions i.e. moving to clubs with higher reputations or in higher leagues there are some that stand out as really odd (Pep Guradiola after leaving Man City goes through the following clubs between 2021 and 2035: RB Leipzig, Valencia, Man U, Crystal Palace, Porto, Inter, Borussia Mchengaldbach, Real Sociedad, Tigres, Croatia, Inter, Man U (again) he then becomes a Scout(!!!) for the next 15 years and works for Newcastle, Flamenog, Borussia Dortmund, Man City, Nice, Chelsea, West Ham, Hoffenheim, Southampton and Arsenal)

On 27/12/2021 at 15:21, chile_paul said:

I'm really liking the look of this format! Amazing work Fenech, I can't wait to play this properly.

However given I haven't had much chance to play over the Christmas period I've been running an extended holiday game / test to check the dynamics and have made it through to the mid 2050's in the game. Just a couple of observations:

- In general the finances seem to be well balanced (with the exception of the comment below about Santos Laguna!)

- The leagues are really competitive, whilst teams have gone on runs of winning the league for 4-5 years in a row, they can then go on a bad run of consecutive relegations. As a result you see the likes of Liverpool winning the Super League for a couple of seasons early on, then getting relegated down to the 3rd and 4th tiers, the same with Bayern Munich.

- You also see some teams making rises up the league structures. Atalanta and Real Sociedad are recent trophy winners in my game. Cerro Porteno from Paraguay have had a meteoric rise from the Gatekeeper leagues up to the World Premier League (2) and PFK Ludogrets have risen from League 13 to be on the verge of promotion to the World Super League

- You don't just see the European teams dominating. Whilst the trophy winners are predominantly large European clubs, there remain a fair share of South American teams in the top leagues

A couple of (potential) issues that I've noticed to be aware of. These definitely don't appear to be game breaking, but might be potential areas to explore in future tweaks Fenech if you were going to make any further adjustments:

- In my game Santos Laguna have become the richest club in the world with a bank balance of £1.2 billion thanks to individual TV deals (£454 million a year!). Will be interesting to see if this continues on an ongoing basis and whether they start to dominate the world

- Teams from all countries start to lose their domestic bias and become more 'international' in their make up i.e. a South America side will recruit players and managers from all around the world. English clubs do the same though, so they truly become international squads. I had expected regens to cause an issue here with clubs becoming dominated with English players or players with English second nationalities but this doesn't seem to be happening

- Some of the teams continue to compete in their domestic competitions. The 2 that I've spotted are that Flamengo continue to compete in South American competitions, Paris SG still compete in the Trophee des Champions in France 

- The NxtGen competition for leading new regen players starts to be awarded to players at non-playable clubs that aren't in the playable leagues as early as the mid 2020's. This is a bit of a shame (and unrealistic given the relevant strengths of those teams and competitions) but presumably is coded into how the game handles youth development???

- Managers appear to be far more mecenary about moving between clubs in this database compared to the main game. Often they are staying for less than a season before moving on - Whilst in the main these appear to be 'sensible' decisions i.e. moving to clubs with higher reputations or in higher leagues there are some that stand out as really odd (Pep Guradiola after leaving Man City goes through the following clubs between 2021 and 2035: RB Leipzig, Valencia, Man U, Crystal Palace, Porto, Inter, Borussia Mchengaldbach, Real Sociedad, Tigres, Croatia, Inter, Man U (again) he then becomes a Scout(!!!) for the next 15 years and works for Newcastle, Flamenog, Borussia Dortmund, Man City, Nice, Chelsea, West Ham, Hoffenheim, Southampton and Arsenal)

Thanks for the feedback and it is greatly appreciated. I will bear it in mind for future tweaks and updates. I have to say that none of this surprises me. I do expect the teams to all become 'international' and perhaps eventually lose some of their domestic identities.  Who is the say that is not what happens to Pep in reality, He could finish his days as a scout. I decided to still have the rest of the world in the game as playable rather then go down the road of making it just just the world uk and nothing else exist, and that is exactly because youth development depends on it so you hit the nail on the head there. But I am sure you can still buy those top talents from the unplayable teams and bring them to the league? you can also include those other leagues when loading the game but not sure you would want to do that. Managers move around and simply because of better offers and of course there is money in the leagues so clubs can afford to poach more. so again its not a massive surprise, what this has done is opened up an outlet for the opportunity of any team getting to the top from the bottom as can be seen in the example of PFK Ludogrets. Its good that some teams still perform in their domestic comps and also us teams perform in the north american champions leagues etc etc. I must take a closer look at Santos Lagunas, so maybe they just got lucky but thanks for bringing this to my attention. Keep up the great work! and please let me know if you discover anything else. 

Just by way of an update on Santos Laguna, that definitely appears to be a bit of a one-off and the finances have settled back down - they ended up having a period of strength where they regularly featured in the top half of the Super League and won a couple of the cup competitions before dropping back to 3rd/4th tier.

I've subsequently noticed other clubs pick up similar bumper individual TV deals as well which give them a. boost for 4-5 years.

I'm not sure how FM manages TV deals, I'm guessing that it's only applicable in certain nations (i.e. I doubt the English based clubs will get them??) but I'm taking it in a similar way to when a tycoon arrives at the club?

• 11 months later...