Can i have some help please

So, Im Coruna in Spanish league 1. I managed to stay up season 1 and season 2 saw me finish 7th, even though predicted 'relegation battle'. This season hasnt started well, with teams i beat comfortably last year beating me.

I assume they are playing differently but the match odds are usually close for either team.

Can you suggest changes to the below tactic...

As i write im not convinced:

I should be running at defence

Distribute to CBs 11 and 12 passing

Get stuck in?

It seems ok against bigger teams, Valencia, Real Socidad.

Thanks

20211112_165552.jpg

20211112_165602.jpg

20211112_165610.jpg

20211112_165624.jpg

20211112_165820.jpg

You have a large gap between your LOE and your DL, wingbacks bombing forward, an attacking Mez and a Striker trying to get in behind. You also want to play an extremely high paced dribbling game that presses non stop and attempts to counter when they win the ball back. My guess is that you got lucky season 1 and 2 and now your rep has improved teams are taking you seriously, your players cant cope with the extra stress/strain and are burning out.

Your tactic also effectively invites opposition wide players to go in and treat you like a crossing simulator, there will be a lot of gaps in wide areas that oppostion tactics can really take advantage of. If your players miss a tackle when being told to get stuck in then your players will be left on thier backside hoping someone can save them... except you have 2 midfielders looking to get forward and a DM who is far more progressive than you need.

I think the main issue with your tactic is the lack of defensive balance. For example, you’ve got two wingbacks on attack, a DLP on support and two roaming roles in the centre of midfield. That would be a *very* adventurous set-up, even for a top team, let alone one that’s predicted to struggle. It wouldn’t surprise me if a large chunk of goals conceded are from counter attacks? 

Even in an attacking sense, your flanks are identical (WB-A, IF-S) meaning there is little to no variation there, making your play predictable and easy to defend against. 

In terms of changes, there’s a variety of things you can do based on your player’s attributes, but as a starting point I would: 

Change the DLP-S to DLP-D/DM-D (or even Anchor if you want to keep Uber attacking wingbacks) 

Tone down the aggressiveness of your fullbacks, e.g. FB-A + WB-S combo

Alter the roles of the front three to provide more variety and chance creation, such as: IW-S, PF-A, IF-A

Hope this helps :)

^ I agree with the above. Your setup looks very aggressive and you're probably getting ripped apart on the counter.

Something like this is how you look offensively:

ZhLFzIH.png

IFs are essentially wide strikers, MEZ is the most adventurous central midfield role there is, BBM will look to make late runs into the box and DLP is primarily a creator, especially on Support. WBs on Attack will also be dribbling and overlapping at every opportunity, meaning your CDs can easily find themselves on their own during quick turnovers.

I'd definitely tone things down a notch. In a wide 4-3-3, your central midfield should mainly look to cover for aggressive WBs, rather than making regular forward runs and clogging up the final third. As your wide forwards cut inside, they need space to operate in and since you then depend on your WBs to hold width, your midfielders need to provide sufficient cover for them.

Perhaps a trio like this:

CARsu/BWMsu BBMsu

DLPde

8 hours ago, jc577 said:

Change the DLP-S to DLP-D/DM-D (or even Anchor if you want to keep Uber attacking wingbacks) 

Tone down the aggressiveness of your fullbacks, e.g. FB-A + WB-S combo

Alter the roles of the front three to provide more variety and chance creation, such as: IW-S, PF-A, IF-A

Perfect thank you. Perhaps lije the first post, i was lucky season 1 and 2...ill try yhis. Great!! Thanks.

1 hour ago, Zemahh said:

^ I agree with the above. Your setup looks very aggressive and you're probably getting ripped apart on the counter.

Something like this is how you look offensively:

ZhLFzIH.png

IFs are essentially wide strikers, MEZ is the most adventurous central midfield role there is, BBM will look to make late runs into the box and DLP is primarily a creator, especially on Support. WBs on Attack will also be dribbling and overlapping at every opportunity, meaning your CDs can easily find themselves on their own during quick turnovers.

I'd definitely tone things down a notch. In a wide 4-3-3, your central midfield should mainly look to cover for aggressive WBs, rather than making regular forward runs and clogging up the final third. As your wide forwards cut inside, they need space to operate in and since you then depend on your WBs to hold width, your midfielders need to provide sufficient cover for them.

Perhaps a trio like this:

CARsu/BWMsu BBMsu

DLPde

All noted. Thank you. I will adjust and try that. Thanks

If you're adamant on playing with 2 attacking wingbacks I'll change the DLP to a HB to provide more defensive solidity then I'll change the B2B to a DLP that way her sits deeper as an option to recycle the ball and play the passes. I'll then reduce the tempo a bit to give more time to the wingbacks to get up the pitch and I might set my attacking width to wide because with your PF, 2 IF, MEZ and the opposition midfielder and defenders, the centre of the pitch might be too crowded and I'll be encouraging the ball to go out wide to the wingbacks.

I'm not a fan of your out of possession instructions but you can leave that.

The problem you'll still have with your tactic is that there is still only one root to goal which is get the ball to the wingbacks and they'll try to cross it to someone but if that's how you want to play it's okay.