What is going on with scouting in FM22?

Hi all,

I am generally enjoying my first run of FM22, but am confused at how the scouting system has become much less efficient than in prior versions.

Several issues I am running into - does anyone know how to resolve? FYI I am a lower-table Serie A squad, but have the top-rated scouts in the league. I also typically buy the South Europe or Europe scouting report, so definitely am investing here.

• Why have the scouting report grades been replaced with an F-A grading system? Is there any way to switch it back to the 0-99 system used in prior versions?

• How do you do a quick scouting report now? Prior versions of the game had a simple "get scout report" (don't remember the exact language) that was a very fast way of getting an initial report. Now the only options are for a"1 week" and a "full knowledge" scout report, both of which take a LONG time.

• Even when I click the 1 week report, It sometimes takes several weeks to get the report completed. AND that's with me prioritizing the request in the priorities screen

Is anyone else finding it much more awkward to scout in this version?

I think they're moving away from giving you perfect information so you can make judgements based on the stats yourself. I doubt scouting teams in real life do it on 1-99 rating, they'll put it into general priority groups and A-F seems to fit this thinking.

6 hours ago, wicsy said:

I think they're moving away from giving you perfect information so you can make judgements based on the stats yourself. I doubt scouting teams in real life do it on 1-99 rating, they'll put it into general priority groups and A-F seems to fit this thinking.

The thing is, this is not real life, this is a game.

It does feel recently they have been moving more towards the realistic feel and ignoring what was fun about the game. No one wants to buy two A class players and then realise your scouts got it wrong. Yes this happens in real life. Is this fun? No of course it isn't.

49 minutes ago, TheGrimWombat said:

It does feel recently they have been moving more towards the realistic feel and ignoring what was fun about the game.

This is not recent. Ever since the very first Championship Manager, SI have made changes to each addition to make the game more realistic.

You cannot in real life have a printout of a players attributes from the Serbian second division on your desk in minutes. Why should you get it in a game that strives to be the most realistic football simulator in the world?

48 minutes ago, TheGrimWombat said:

The thing is, this is not real life, this is a game.

It does feel recently they have been moving more towards the realistic feel and ignoring what was fun about the game. No one wants to buy two A class players and then realise your scouts got it wrong. Yes this happens in real life. Is this fun? No of course it isn't.

In my opinion it's much better this way. It is more realistic but it doesn't take away any fun at all, it's literally just a scout report.

"No one wants to buy two A class players and then realise your scouts got it wrong." - That can happen in previous FMs as well. I think you are just overreacting.

21 hours ago, Phelix said:

This is not recent. Ever since the very first Championship Manager, SI have made changes to each addition to make the game more realistic.

You cannot in real life have a printout of a players attributes from the Serbian second division on your desk in minutes. Why should you get it in a game that strives to be the most realistic football simulator in the world?

I don't know about Serbian second division, but with latest technology advances it actually is possible to get loads of data on player's speed, tackling, heading etc in minutes