Inconsistencies with Nationality filter in Player Search

I'm finding inconsistencies with the Nationality filter in Player Search. 

Here's an example :

1)  Start a new game with an Italian Serie A team. 

2) Search for free agents. Note the defender Matias Musacchio with Argentina first nationality and Italy second nationality. 

3) Now search for free agents and select Italy for the nationality filter. 

Note that Musacchio is not returned despite several other players being returned with Italy as their second nationality. 

I have found this with many other examples across the database so it seems like the filter search functionality isn't working quite as it should. 

I suspect that it's because Musacchio has caps for Argentina so has effectively committed to them rather than Italy.

However that shouldn't make a difference imo. If he has Italy as one of his two nationalities, he should be coming up in the results. 

Edited by passenger58

On 19/11/2021 at 09:55, James Akintayo said:

I believe this is by design, to help international managers find players eligible for call up.

I think it needs revisiting imo. As it stands it's misleading at best and inaccurate at worst.

Surely selectable international players can be filtered by the 'Interested' toggle, no? So say a player is holding out for another nation to call them up, they won't be interested despite being eligible. 

Edited by passenger58
Typo