Relegation / promotion woes

scythian12

Well, my issue is rather why the program is trying to relegate only one team from the second division, when quite evidently three should be going down...

Solved it, it had to do with the hidden relegation stage for division iii, which did not work properly and only one season was ever played of the division.

• 2 weeks later...

If you don't mind me asking, exactly what did you change - I'm getting something similar when trying to add a promotion or relegation league to one of the English parent leagues in the first year before reverting to a regular setup in the second year onwards - if I don't have the promotion/relegation stage in the parent (i.e. just fix an additional relegation in the children) then all works fine.

Adding the stage to the parent seems to screw with the friendly dates for the competition in the following season (under new rules), meaning the 3rd season doesn't start and the error occurs at the end of the 3rd season.

The schedule for proper seasons should look similar to this, with training & friendlies around the same period:

xJHAbFN.png

But I'm obviously missing something setting up the parent stage which is knocking on to the 2nd season, as the schedule looks like this with the friendlies not starting when they should:

36bAOfY.png

z32i01b.png

You can have a look at this file

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2305175530

I do not find the original (by Succ) anymore, but this version should also include the same mechanism I adapted for relegation from the third division. This still has a stage in the main competition, but works just fine.