Unhappy Captain

Right. So I started unemployed with no badges etc. Got a job at Airdrie in Scottish League One who were struggling.

Anyways, massively overachieving now in second place. I inherited a terrible wage budget which forced me to attempt to sell some players. One of the players I sold was supposedly a good youth prospect. My Captain kicked off big time!

90% of his teammates support him, and despite us overachieving in the league, morale is a problem. My support is ‘poor’ and atmosphere is ‘good’, but probably due to me constantly praising them.

How the hell do I fix this? I’ve asked some of the squad to chat to him, but he basically tells them to f*** off. It’s now been about 2-3 months with no end in sight! The board are concerned too and I’m 100% sure that if we weren’t overachieving, I’d be unemployed again.

Any advice please? Thanks!

Time does fix a lot, yes. The other approach is to continue your restructuring. Bring in a new glorious leader, make him captain and put those who throw a fuss on the block. Personally I'm more inclined to show players who's the actual boss. People get thrown in the youth squad if they start acting up.

55 minutes ago, Prepper_Jack said:

Time does fix a lot, yes. The other approach is to continue your restructuring. Bring in a new glorious leader, make him captain and put those who throw a fuss on the block. Personally I'm more inclined to show players who's the actual boss. People get thrown in the youth squad if they start acting up.

Deep in a save when you have established yourself as a strong disciplinarian, you will be able to do this without issue.  Early in the save, when your rep is still low, it can be risky and get you the sack if results are not good.

3 hours ago, FrazT said:

Deep in a save when you have established yourself as a strong disciplinarian, you will be able to do this without issue.  Early in the save, when your rep is still low, it can be risky and get you the sack if results are not good.

It’s a tough one. I stood up to him and told him to get on with it and that didn’t work because of my reputation etc. He’s also one of my best players. Hopefully it’ll blow over at the end of the season when I bring in some new players.