Can i have your thoughts

Ive made La Coruna a decent mid table team in Division 1 from 3.

I was using a tactic which pushed me from 16th to 6th and into europe.

The next season was a disaster and after 10 games i was in the bottom 3. So i used Knaps 424 with IWBs. I shot up the league finishing 7th and winning Europa 2. 

Started next season with same Knapp tactic and again deadful start. So ive changed to Parisian Parkways and i can see a massive improvement  already?

Do i need a change of tactic every season? Ive won the league with both these tactics previously, so its not defenses becoming tighter. Theres only a handful of transfers.

I watch youtubers and they use the same basic tactic season after season? 

I had a successful Valencia career, but even then i had to change tactic each year, but i then have loads of players and i.cant just plan for one system.

Ive read about AI not working out tactics, but they clearly do?

Help.

The AI doesn't work out tactics, it just plays differently against you depending on how big a threat they think you are.

When you were finishing 16th in the league, the AI thought you were irrelevant and played their normal way - obviously, your tactic at the time was well-suited to playing against them

Now, you're a bigger team and the AI will treat you as if you've got a good chance of beating them. So they change things up tactically. Your job as the manager is to respond to this new approach AI teams have. You can probably do that by tweaking, rather than disassembling, your tactic; but you do you.

Thanks Turnip. Is it not odd that a tactic i have won the league with previously and is known as a good tactic just fell through the floor at the start of the next  season? Ive gone from 6th to 18th. 

The AI dont seem to be playing defensive or defensive shapes?? 

Do you have three tactics? One for big teams? Smaller teams etc? Or do you tweak? 

Primarily what the opposition does is increase their pressing intensity if they think you are favored to win. Depending on what tactic you use, this could require different measures to compensate for.

Otherwise, if you aren't using them already, I'd suggest training the following prior to each match: Attacking Movement, Defensive Shape, and Teamwork. This is under Match Preparation. This should give you bonuses in a lot of areas, which helps to provide better and more consistent performances, and also really starts boosting team cohesion.

4 hours ago, Prepper_Jack said:

Primarily what the opposition does is increase their pressing intensity if they think you are favored to win. Depending on what tactic you use, this could require different measures to compensate for.

Otherwise, if you aren't using them already, I'd suggest training the following prior to each match: Attacking Movement, Defensive Shape, and Teamwork. This is under Match Preparation. This should give you bonuses in a lot of areas, which helps to provide better and more consistent performances, and also really starts boosting team cohesion.

Great! Thank u