How do I create quick transition foobtall?

if you are looking at Rangnick for inspiration, i would have a mentality on at least positive, or perhaps a FB on Attack if you wish to keep team mentality on Balance - which can be good in a two-man midfield. You're right to play Narrow, I would also play with a higher tempo. If you want quick transistion, have your GK distribute quickly, perhaps over opposistion defence, or to the flanks.

I would also up the pressing intensity and LoEs and select tighter marking. Get Stuck In is a good option, but watch out for yellow cards.

Most importantly, you need good players with great stamina determination, work rate, bravery, anticipation along with pace and aggression in a few of your players. For training, always train your players in Teamwork to improve cohesion, really helps high intensity pressing teams.

1 hour ago, CarlSaunders said:

if you are looking at Rangnick for inspiration, i would have a mentality on at least positive, or perhaps a FB on Attack if you wish to keep team mentality on Balance - which can be good in a two-man midfield. You're right to play Narrow, I would also play with a higher tempo. If you want quick transistion, have your GK distribute quickly, perhaps over opposistion defence, or to the flanks.

I would also up the pressing intensity and LoEs and select tighter marking. Get Stuck In is a good option, but watch out for yellow cards.

Most importantly, you need good players with great stamina determination, work rate, bravery, anticipation along with pace and aggression in a few of your players. For training, always train your players in Teamwork to improve cohesion, really helps high intensity pressing teams.

thanks I appreciate the advice :)

go with attack mentality to encourage more quick forward balls, take off play out of defense and i personally play without a designated playmaker to avoid play being held up.

you're also probably leaving too much space on defense with a BWM/s on a 442 with double support players in the center. 

try playing a support wide player with an attack duty behind if you're finding things a bit too static. 

distribute quickly on GK, distribute to FBs if you want to retain a bit more possession. 

other things to consider - hit early crosses, pass in to space

not sure i like counter-press on a 442 but if its working for you then its fine