Too many teams founded in cup

ChicoPolska

Hi ,

I created a cup played between nine teams from a list of thirteen teams . But when I test the rules, the editor says that there is a problem with too many teams while I have well informed that it must not have more than nine.

If someone could take a closer look at it and tell me what the mistake is it would be nice

Thank you .

https://www.mediafire.com/file/3rnfs3hkvph8zsl/League_%26_Data_Updates.fmf/file

1.PNG

2.PNG

Firstly, I'd suggest just completing removing the rules you've created and starting from scratch. Maybe somebody more experienced with the editor could help you salvage it, but I don't know how. I can however give you some advice that should get it to work next time.

Part of the issue you're getting is that the teams allocated ranking positions (10) don't match up with the teams in the competition. You need to go to ranking rules > ranking level info to fix that. Ranking 5 should only have 1 team assigned to it, not 2. Only 1 group has 5 teams after all. Doing that will mean you have 9 ranking positions, which matches up with the number you want.

Next up, the reason it's giving you 16 teams. For starters you've got it set as an international competition, it shouldn't be. It's a continental club competition. I think you originally had it set as one too, as you can't see the problem until you switch it back to one. After switching it back to an Asian continental competition, it's not listed as a competition there, which needs fixing. There are also 5 nations set to supply teams to the qualification system (I'd recommend not using this since it can interfere with or override the coefficient/qualification system already in place for the Asian Champions League), remove all of those and disable it. There are also 50 teams set to qualify under the teams section, same as above, remove those and disable. Your competition should work fine now.

Except for some reason it's coming up with an error for too many being in the Asian Champions League. I can't see where that's coming from so I don't know how to fix it. I guess something got messed up somewhere. I tested a quick Asian competition myself and it didn't have the same error, so it's something in the file that's causing it. This is why I'd say scrap them and just start over.

Oh and as a minor aside, you could move the final from stage 2 into a 2nd round of stage 1. I guess it was set up in the basic rules initially which does that. Doesn't really affect much but it means you'll be able to use the tree view and see both the semis and final together when looking at the tournament.

I had also done it on Fm21 and FM22 in the same way and there was no problem. I checked all the points and everything is compliant.

So I don't understand why it worked on the previous ones but not on this one. Something may have changed in the editor, I don't know.

Where do you see 50 teams under teams sections , I couldn't find anything like it ?

Thank you for giving time to my problem .

9 hours ago, ChicoPolska said:

I had also done it on Fm21 and FM22 in the same way and there was no problem. I checked all the points and everything is compliant.

So I don't understand why it worked on the previous ones but not on this one. Something may have changed in the editor, I don't know.

Where do you see 50 teams under teams sections , I couldn't find anything like it ?

Thank you for giving time to my problem .

The 50 teams was after switching international rules to continental. Under Asia > Continent > Teams. It's set to get 1, 1, 2, 3 & 3 teams, but no nations were set so it was drawing each of those amounts for all 5 nations, so 5, 5, 10, 15 & 15 teams.

I'm not sure about continental rules in previous versions, I've not used them before this year myself, so maybe something has changed. But this year at least you're better off not having anything set up there. For your competition itself the only issue was 1 ranking place too many. Other than that it should work, so the main issue is somewhere else in the continental/international rules.

I did what you told me but it didn't help anything. The problem was moved, now it is with AFC champions league that I have problems of number of teams , While I have touched absolutely nothing about it .

I tried the same update I had made for fm20 and it works without problems. So I stop looking for a solution for me there is nothing to do .

So I'm going to start all over again, but I'm going to do it directly through the advanced editor.

Thank you anyway for trying to help me, it was nice of you.