Should be an Option of Informing players they are dropped for the next game/s due to bad form/performances or bad discipline

Metal

As title says should be an player selection option to inform them they are being dropped as a consequence of bad form, or red card. You can warn them about form, but unless there is some kind of consequence that gets through to the player I don't see the point of this option to just warn them of not being impressed with their form. Surely it makes more sense to warn the player they will be dropped or has been decided they are dropped due to bad form.

1 hour ago, Metal said:

As title says should be an player selection option to inform them they are being dropped as a consequence of bad form, or red card. You can warn them about form, but unless there is some kind of consequence that gets through to the player I don't see the point of this option to just warn them of not being impressed with their form. Surely it makes more sense to warn the player they will be dropped or has been decided they are dropped due to bad form.

I'd like to see this. I'd also like to see more conversations available to inform players of decisions or tactical choices.

All in all, I don't believe there is enough you can go to players about. In actuality I believe choices have disappeared. In FM22 I can't seem to even ask a player of my choice to welcome a new signing to the club.

Things I'd like to see:

1. Improvements to sugesting a rest for a player. All I ever seem to get is a player replying that they don't need a rest and then I don't want to say more in case I upset them.

2. Options to talk to a player about tactics. I would like to be able to talk to individual about tactics outside of the tactical instructions. For example, telling a winger that if they see an opportunity to then drift inside more. Maybe this is a part of the game anyway, dependent upon intelligence etc, but I feel like it would add more ways for communication with players in game.

3. Additions to the warnings system whereby I can call a player to a meeting and discuss their behaviour around a warning. Maybe I've made my code of conduct but find a particular situation deserving of further words, eg they get sent off inside 2 minutes so the usual red card fine might be inadequate punishment.

4. More information afforded to the manager to inform them of how a player might take a suggestion or complaint. More than a few times in FM I go through the player chats or team chats screens with no real idea of how a chocie I make will effect mood. As a manager I am around these players for such an amount of time that I should really know them better. It is often hard to know. Maybe an option to discuss things with coaches before a chat.

1 hour ago, HUNT3R said:

FYI, you can threaten a player that you will drop him if his form doesn't improve. That warns the player ahead of time about being dropped, potentially.

I think this is often an example of a question in game where you have no idea if you're doing damage or helping. Also, meetings where I use this are so short and sweet that they seem skimped upon.

There's also no reason why there can't be more options later. For example, you tell a player their form is likely to see them dropped and then later you tell them they're dropped because their form didn't improve. Give us the option to make solid on threats. I might drop a player in game but I often find myself asking 'do they know why they were dropped?'

I'd like to see some communication to give more information to managers, for example Play A is sulking because you dropped him or Coach A has spoken to Player B and feels he has understood why he was dropped.

I like to dive in to the more mental side of the game but I often feel like it's a case of pot luck. Maybe the system is in there but it's just hard to read.

It is very much like the training when a player says he is unhappy with training I often have no idea why. The game doesn't really tell me.

3 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

FYI, you can threaten a player that you will drop him if his form doesn't improve. That warns the player ahead of time about being dropped, potentially.

I should have expanded a bit better but anagain has perfectly summed up what I'd like to be featured.

Too many times the same player has been red carded in a short period of time and there is no option to tell him in no uncertain terms that he's getting dropped as a direct consequence of those sending offs. I know in the press conference they allude to dropping the player after a sending off, but I want to tell or warn the player directly and like there to be a follow up like anagain suggested as to why they[re being dropped with a come back from the player.

There could be more controversy surrounding the option to drop the player, a player could feel aggrieved if he is dropped for one game or understands that they need to improve and praises the manager's man management skill in keeping them on their toes so to speak.

I feel this could improve the dynamic relationship between man management with the players as currently it feels quite shallow and limited to a few options when it comes to warnings about form and fines

16 minutes ago, Metal said:

I should have expanded a bit better but anagain has perfectly summed up what I'd like to be featured.

Too many times the same player has been red carded in a short period of time and there is no option to tell him in no uncertain terms that he's getting dropped as a direct consequence of those sending offs. I know in the press conference they allude to dropping the player after a sending off, but I want to tell or warn the player directly and like there to be a follow up like anagain suggested as to why they[re being dropped with a come back from the player.

There could be more controversy surrounding the option to drop the player, a player could feel aggrieved if he is dropped for one game or understands that they need to improve and praises the manager's man management skill in keeping them on their toes so to speak.

I feel this could improve the dynamic relationship between man management with the players as currently it feels quite shallow and limited to a few options when it comes to warnings about form and fines

Sometimes talking to a player about his conduct can help with red cards, but this is another area that is weak in the game. It never really says what it means to talk to a player about conduct. It's just so very vague.

As if to sum up my suggestions of vagueness in player chats I just had a meeting that gave me a suggestion I linked in the following post:

If my coaches can't ascertain what talking to a player will mean then how can I?

The game needs many more options and more definition of options.

• 9 months later...