Games that are impossible to win?

I started a new save with Man City about three times now because I only wanted to chill a bit, play around with IWB and other Pep systems, but this makes me go so crazy, the Community Shield against Leicester. I tried every style of tactic and played it about 50 times now and only about 3 times I won in regular time but always with luck and getting even xG at best. Losing about 30 times, sometimes 4-1, 5-2, bs like that. Everytime Vardy runs behind my line I can't do **** about it, they win every battle in midfield get every highlight? How's that possible? Can somebody set up a save or smth and tell me with which tactic you can dominate them and win? I have no idea and feel completely stupid even though I am a very good player overperforming in every save normally.

This kind of thread always comes up.

I used to subscribe to the theory games were impossible to win, but I dont think they are. You just need to take the defeat on the chin, learn from it, and come back next time having analysed what went wrong and how you can stop it. 

You cant build a tactic that wins every game without you doing anything, unless youre using a cheesy exploit type tactic which makes the game irrelevant playing, as then its not like football.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Lesterfan_Cambiasso:

This kind of thread always comes up.

I used to subscribe to the theory games were impossible to win, but I dont think they are. You just need to take the defeat on the chin, learn from it, and come back next time having analysed what went wrong and how you can stop it. 

You cant build a tactic that wins every game without you doing anything, unless youre using a cheesy exploit type tactic which makes the game irrelevant playing, as then its not like football.

I am not on about that, but when replaying a game 50 times something should work, but every tactic imaginable gets you dominated af, that's why I even downloaded the so called RDF Tactics Man City 106 points tactic but with that got completely dominated as well.

6 hours ago, Gdansk said:

I am not on about that, but when replaying a game 50 times something should work, but every tactic imaginable gets you dominated af, that's why I even downloaded the so called RDF Tactics Man City 106 points tactic but with that got completely dominated as well.

If youre downloading someone elses tactic, how do you know

a) how its supposed to work, unless they explain every intricate detail of it

b) what the creator does to counter specific threats in games against specific opponents

c) what the creator does when things go wrong

You simply need to observe what the opposition is doing to you and devise a plan to stop this. If the plan fails, you lose the game.

You also need to devise a plan of how to win the game, and if your players carry it out, you win.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Lesterfan_Cambiasso:

If youre downloading someone elses tactic, how do you know

a) how its supposed to work, unless they explain every intricate detail of it

b) what the creator does to counter specific threats in games against specific opponents

c) what the creator does when things go wrong

You simply need to observe what the opposition is doing to you and devise a plan to stop this. If the plan fails, you lose the game.

You also need to devise a plan of how to win the game, and if your players carry it out, you win.

Are you unable to read or how do I understand this? I told you already I downloaded a tactic called 106 points Pep Guardiola MASTERCLASS or whatever because I felt stupid that whatever tactic I made up couldn't win with City against Leicester so I thought this should smack them but as it turns out it even does worse than mine. That's a thing.

il y a une heure, Gdansk a dit :

Are you unable to read or how do I understand this? I told you already I downloaded a tactic called 106 points Pep Guardiola MASTERCLASS or whatever because I felt stupid that whatever tactic I made up couldn't win with City against Leicester so I thought this should smack them but as it turns out it even does worse than mine. That's a thing.

First of all, please chill out. We’re taking time to try to figure out things with you.

you asked for help with no screenshot, no tactics, no data. Maybe show us your tactic ?

you said you try everything, but you cant change your tactic and expect your players to play it properly right away : they need to learn it.

Regarding RDF’s tactic for Man City, it was published during the Beta, not after the release. Therefore, it is not odd that it didn’t work. Furthermore, his goal is to recreate a tactic, not a tactic that will crush FM match engine. And, to conclude, you can see, while he crushed the PL, he had poor results in both FA Cup and Carabao cup

Edited by CKBrahMa

vor einer Stunde schrieb CKBrahMa:

First of all, please chill out. We’re taking time to try to figure out things with you.

you asked for help with no screenshot, no tactics, no data. Maybe show us your tactic ?

you said you try everything, but you cant change your tactic and expect your players to play it properly right away : they need to learn it.

Regarding RDF’s tactic for Man City, it was published during the Beta, not after the release. Therefore, it is not odd that it didn’t work. Furthermore, his goal is to recreate a tactic, not a tactic that will crush FM match engine. And, to conclude, you can see, while he crushed the PL, he had poor results in both FA Cup and Carabao cup

As I said before the user called BustTheNet showed time and time again that tactical familarity means nothing so it's not an excuse. I can't show you a tactic since no matter what I do I get dominated. That's why I said load up a save with City quickly, use what's intuitive to you and look how it is against Leicester.

18 minutes ago, Gdansk said:

As I said before the user called BustTheNet showed time and time again that tactical familarity means nothing so it's not an excuse. I can't show you a tactic since no matter what I do I get dominated. That's why I said load up a save with City quickly, use what's intuitive to you and look how it is against Leicester.

Theres really no need to be so aggressive when you post.

Im not sure tactical familiarity means "nothing", it might be a small part of a well designed tactic, but there would definitely be some effect against a team that well drilled and familiar with its playing style.

With your downloaded tactic, it would be the first competitive game using the tactic and many of your players will have only just returned from holiday.

Plus, my original point still remains.

You need to understand HOW the creator visualises defending and attacking, to understand what to do when the tactic isnt working or the opposition is using a specific threat against you.

I think youve got into a position where downloading tactics has left you not knowing what to change, or how the different elements of it work together to the desire of the person who created it.

And also bear in mind Guardiola is one of, if not THE best managers in the world, and he lost the community shield in real life. And against a poor Spurs team. And at home to Crystal Palace. And away to PSG. And in the Champions League final. And to Lyon the season before that. And so on.......

So maybe you need to temper your expectations a little too. You will lose sometimes.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Lesterfan_Cambiasso:

Theres really no need to be so aggressive when you post.

Im not sure tactical familiarity means "nothing", it might be a small part of a well designed tactic, but there would definitely be some effect against a team that well drilled and familiar with its playing style.

With your downloaded tactic, it would be the first competitive game using the tactic and many of your players will have only just returned from holiday.

Plus, my original point still remains.

You need to understand HOW the creator visualises defending and attacking, to understand what to do when the tactic isnt working or the opposition is using a specific threat against you.

I think youve got into a position where downloading tactics has left you not knowing what to change, or how the different elements of it work together to the desire of the person who created it.

And also bear in mind Guardiola is one of, if not THE best managers in the world, and he lost the community shield in real life. And against a poor Spurs team. And at home to Crystal Palace. And away to PSG. And in the Champions League final. And to Lyon the season before that. And so on.......

So maybe you need to temper your expectations a little too. You will lose sometimes.

What are you on about rambling again? I don't care what RDF tactics thinks, I downloaded the tactic since my own that are normally doing well seemed to do very bad. So I downloaded a supposed 106 points tactic and wow it didn't do any better. So when simulating the game about 50 times there should be a way and a tactic to win fairly against these and not lose 30 times, draw 15 and win 5 while getting smacked on xG and being lucky.

Edited by Gdansk

12 minutes ago, Gdansk said:

What are you on about rambling again? I don't care what RDF tactics thinks, I downloaded the tactic since my own that are normally doing well seemed to do very bad. So I downloaded a supposed 106 points tactic and wow it didn't do any better. So when simulating the game about 50 times there should be a way and a tactic to win fairly against these and not lose 30 times, draw 15 and win 5 while getting smacked on xG and being lucky.

BECAUSE YOU DONT KNOW WHAT CHANGES THE CREATOR MAKES IN SPECIFIC MATCH SITUATIONS TO THIS TACTIC.

AND STOP BEING RUDE FOR THE LAST TIME.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Lesterfan_Cambiasso:

BECAUSE YOU DONT KNOW WHAT CHANGES THE CREATOR MAKES IN SPECIFIC MATCH SITUATIONS TO THIS TACTIC.

AND STOP BEING RUDE FOR THE LAST TIME.

Lol the only one rude is you typing in all caps.

• FrazT locked this topic