Pressing Traps : How does ME implement it ?

I’m looking to replicate my own version of Jesse Marsch (Red Bull Leipzig and Red Bull Salzburg) , specifically team pressing and pressing traps 

Different triggers include loose touches, bad body positioning/orientation, side passes (that gain no superiority). Players should understand the concept of how these sequences can create potential advantages when defending, with the aim of recovering possession as early as possible”

My question is this:  if I set up pressing traps and have team set to counter press will the team do this all the time or wait for the above triggers ? 

I will be looking to set pressing traps on the flanks in opposition instructions so will be looking to force the opponent wide whenever possible to create opportunity to set the pressing trap in motion.   The pressing trap will be a collective effort.  When one goes then they all go.  This will be initiated by the nearest player to the ball.    The pressing style is ball orientated   

How best would this be setup in the match engine ? 

I’ll be looking to play a 442 with inverted wingers in the AML and AMR positions, a 4222  or a 4312 though as Jesse Marsch says formation is not so important but more the principles within it (he has used more than 10 different formations).  

Edited by DeathJester

Forget it mate. The AI of fm is too limited to create something as you said. Especially this year, the game pressing looks like a half done job in the programming code. Just see how to best play the game for what it is. 

This is my opinion and suggestion though there will be surely some big guru on here to give you something else to think about. 

I disagree with the above post. Here is a post where @Rashidi discusses the new pressing mechanics in the ME.

I've found using OI's to press certain players increases the chances of what you're looking for.

@Rashidi also made a video with pressing traps trying to emulate Ragnick's style.

I've been able to create pressing traps as well by forcing the wingers/fullbacks inside using OI's then pressing hard in the CD's and CM's.

So what I’ve done is set pressing trigger always on full backs / wing backs and wide attackers or midfielders, whilst playing fairly narrow and narrow defensive line so they have to go round outside.   Any central midfielders / attacking midfielders or central defenders I’ve set to show onto weaker foot.   

The reason I’ve not gone with marking instructions is that Jesse Marsch system is not about pressing the opposition players but more ball orientated pressing.  I don’t believe they mark tightly but I could be wrong. 

My team is set to counter press. 

Still testing and very early on so we shall see how it goes.  Definitely noticed I’m winning possession a lot more through pressing than previously though. 

Edited by DeathJester