Tactical Help 5212/3412

Anyone got any suggestions on how to improve this tactic? I thought my ideas behind it were sound, but the results say otherwise and I really hope not to be sacked as aside from the results I’m really enjoying this save. All 2.5 seasons have been pretty up and down and I’ve seem to run out of ideas. Thanks all.

C157F9D7-E135-4A93-8986-7406EFA5ECB1.png

9501651F-73A4-4F59-987B-F7CA6477CB9D.png

6466EC9E-8892-4278-BED4-EEC18D959424.png

83D7ABD0-3858-42B7-80EF-DBABA0E3B625.png

33635863-A244-4F2B-9A80-3076FA5AE592.png

Edited by lcutini

I'm currently using a similar tactic but with some different instructions. The differences are; I go wide and focus passing on the flanks, short passing, no work into box but look for overlap is on. Also, sit back but committed tackling and offside trap. I change mentality to suit the match but tend to default to control.

Bear in mind I'm managing in Irish league so much lower level. I am using 3 CDs but I'd go with BPDs like you have at a higher level. I'm also using a TF instead of a CF but again, CF might suit a higher level. Other players role are the same.

• lcutini changed the title to Tactical Help 5212/3412

Try to mix it like this:

- change Nikunku to Shadow striker,

- tempo fast,

- creative freedom to balanced,

- defensive line to balanced,

- final third select look for overlap, shoot on sight and run at defense.

- passing style short,

- goalkeeper mixed.

The rest stays as you already set it 

This should work nicely. If it does not work nicely and you are open for different tactics you can msg me and i will give you a tactic that did wonders for me with many teams that are simmilar status and player roster as TSG Hoff

Your tactic makes perfect sense on paper. You also concede few goals overall, you just score even less.

In my experience not having wide attacking midfielders will cost you a lot in this game, the engine seems to be shaped mostly around simple 4-2-3-1 (wich works not only great, but beautifully). 4-2-2-2 worked even better last year, not sure yet for this year.

That's the last thing you want to hear since you decided to play 3-at-the-back, and surely it can work too, but all my tactics without wide AMs score much less.

Otherwise my two cents:

-expressive creative freedom is great when your players have blended together with green on-pitch relationships lines all over the tactical view. When it's not the case yet I'd recommend balanced freedom.

-balanced defensive line will let you dominate games just as well while exposing you much less. You don't concede much as you are though, so idk about this one.

-short passing > everything. They still do long passes, they just drop the silly ones.

-mixed GK distribution works better, unless your goalie is godawful at long balls. The Assman will moan about wasteful distribution but it's often a misleading stat: yes the opponents get the honor of breaking their skull on the long ball, that doesn't mean they can keep possession. A more relevant stat would be: "who owns the ball on average 5 secs after our goal kicks?" and it's often you.

-final third very important imo: leave it all blank by default. Then if you notice a bad tendency, use the according instruction to correct it, but not before. Players are smarter than we think and these instructions often force them into making bad decisions. Minimalism and being unoriginal are forms of art in this game.

One last thing: unlike the PC version, there is no team tactical familiarity at all. You can change everything anytime, they don't mind. And it's great, it means that we can tweak and experiment all the time, even mid-games.

Good luck for your save.

EDIT: I sound like I'm sure of what I'm saying but I'm not at all in fact. But I'm sure it's my impressions after a few seasons.

Edited by José-Manuel Malfleury
clarification