Simple processing improvements

Freak35

Processing

I have some real issues with the processing system and some really small improvements would save me (and possibly others) a vast amount of time.

• Continue game timeout is broken and has been for many, many editions. I like to tab out and multitask instead of staring at the screen for a couple of minutes whilst it processes, clicking the mouse in another program stops the game.
  • Holidaying is a poor replacement since it skips decisions. Also unintuitive to use between every game
  • Please create a new button, It should simply simulate until the next fixture or required action item
  • An optional notification noise when processing halts (I might want to tab in, click an obvious option, then resume processing with minimal time wasted)
  • Perhaps you could add several tickboxes under the processing ui box, allowing players to customize which inbox items they want to trigger a processing halt (players have different inbox priorities at different times in the season)
  • If you wanted to go another level you could allow players to create presets determining what items should trigger a processing halt, or even how to deal with certain inbox items automatically.
  • Perhaps during the summer window you want a processing halt as soon as your weekly scouting report comes in, but not during the season. 
  • You could then enable players to schedule their processing requirements based on the date, automating the process.

For me, at least, this would likely double the games I get through with no reduction in my engagement with the actual features of the game, like tactics or training. In fact I'd likely delve deeper with more time to spare. Moreover, I can only imagine that a large amount of the playerbase are just as ADHD as I, or play the game whilst multitasking various productive/unproductive activities. This improvement would streamline the game for this proportion.

Perhaps I'm naive but I can't even imagine this being difficult to code and I might just try myself.

Attribute customization

I found this excellent skin by sebastian_starttrbts which replaces numerical player attributes with a star, coloured to represent the attribute's category rating (excellent/good/average/bad).

It feels so natural that it belongs in the game as an option for experienced players who want an added challenge. We have something of the sort already with attribute masking. Plus, it goes hand in hand with the recent Data hub addition by forcing you to consider alternative assessment criteria to judge players.

Some simple changes would allow players to:

• Choose numeric attributes or group based attributes
  • Allow players to select additional/fewer attribute categories (excellent/great/good/average/bad)
  • Allow players to select different attribute display for players they are coaching compared to players outside the club.

I'd probably use star ratings for scouted players to give an added challenge (and arguably realism), whilst letting myself see the numerical attributes of the players I'm coaching every day.

Edit: I should probably clarify that I am aware of other people bringing up issues with continue game timeout, but surveying a recent thread left me with the impression that I'd be better offering a tangible solution as a seperate request.

Edited by Freak35

• 9 months later...