Newgens: Nationality vs Domestic League

CornishGas

With youth ratings being dynamic now, I realised that I didn't actually know the answer to this. Apologies if this has been sorted out, I did search.

My understanding of youth development is that:

- A player gets generated. His CA/PA and attribute template are generated based on the youth rating of the country (bolded because this is the main part of my question).

- He's then recruited by teams based on their juniors recruitment and trained based on their juniors coaching. More likely to go to a local team but can be recruited from afar based on club reputation/junior recruiting and potential etc. Clubs with bigger rep or well regarded HoYD can then poach high potential players before they're part of an intake in certain circumstances. Either way, this influences their "starting" attributes.

- He then gets introduced in-game as part of a youth intake, with personality and positions/roles influenced by HOYD preferences.

Assuming that's broadly correct, my question is about the bold part above. Is that the player's NATIONALITY or the national structure the team that generated him PLAYS IN?

The most obvious example of why this is important is Swansea/Cardiff. A lot of their players are going to be Welsh, but they come through an English development system. So if it's based on the system, they'd have a much better chance of a high PA than if it was based on their nationality because they use the English rating rather than the Welsh rating.

Likewise, at high reputation clubs you get players with various "random" nationalities. If a newgen comes through the Chelsea youth system does it matter if they're English or Albanian? Or does coming through an English system mean they use the English youth rating regardless?

I'd love the answer to this as well.. I'm from Cardiff myself. And generally start a save with them taking them to the top and trying my hardest to make a Welsh club be the dominant force in English football. But what has always been bugging me is that I see players from all over the world with massive high potential, but am yet to see something like this come through my youth (Other than on previous FM's where I played the yth challenges on FM Touch)