In Football Manager 2022 has any one managed to successfully expand the stadium or build a new one?

In Football Manager 2022 has any one managed to successfully expand the stadium or build a new one?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. In Football Manager 2022 have you been able to to successfully EXPAND the stadium?

• I have had my stadium capacity SUCCESSFULLY EXPANDED in FM2022 (not just accepting of the request from the board, the increase in capacity to be fully completed and reflected in the facilities tab)
    • I have tried and FAILED to EXPAND the stadium capacity n FM2022
    • I have NOT ATTEMPTED to EXPAND the stadium capacity in FM2022
    • Other (please comment)
  2. 2. In Football Manager 2022 have you been able to to successfully BUILD A NEW stadium? (pre defined moves like Everton and Luton do not count)

• I have had a new stadium SUCCESSFULY BUILT AND MOVED INTO IT in FM2022 (not just the accepting of the request from the board, actually successfully moved)
    • I have tried and FAILED to BUILD A NEW STADIUM in FM2022
    • I have NOT ATTEMPTED to BUILD A NEW STADUIM in FM2022
    • Other (please comment)

Hi everyone,

I made a topic last night after a realised my stadium expansion was not working properly in my Kidderminster Harries save (see link). It looks like it is bugged and that there have been no successful expansions and stadium moves in the entire game up to November 2025.

If this is true, this completely messes my save up that I’ve put over 70 hours into as I cannot progress properly as I move up the football pyramid. After a bit of looking around on here, Reddit and the Steam forums etc I’m getting the feeling that this is an issue for others and is only now becoming an issue for players as players are now getting deeper into saves…

Please note that the board accepting the expansion or build does not count, it has to be where the expansion or moved actually occurred and completed successfully. My issue is the board accepts and then nothing happens after the planning gets fulfilled on the Club Vision screen, no news item, no change on the facilities tab, nothing

So I thought I‘d start a poll here to do my own research and to see if anyone else has had this issue or if anyone has successfully been able to expand the stadium capacity or build a new one in FM2022.

So, what is your experience in FM2022 and stadium expansions and builds? Have you had issues? Have you been successful? Is my save doomed?

Original topic:

https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/560570-agreed-stadium-expansion-not-appearing-on-facilities-tab/

Raised issue on bugs tracker:

https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2022-bugs-forum/570_all-other-gameplay/stadium-expansion-r5217/

Edited by Robioto

Five seasons in, I've had four expansion requests accepted by the board but then rejected by the local council. I finally gave up on that and asked for a new stadium instead, which the board themselves rejected. 

Edited by Dibil

I didn't ask for expanding the stadium nor buying a new one, but I asked to buy the current stadium as the club was paying the rent for it.

My board accepted it, but year later I got a message that we couldn't buy the stadium because we don't have the finances for that even though the finance are very good.

Started out in a 1,500 seat stadium. Got it successfully up to 10,6 before they build the first stadium. Then got them to build a new stadium (ironically they turned me down when I asked, but after the year they said they were building one. Just moved into it and before first game got them to expand it at the end of the year. 

U8G3hI5.png

However this was on my long term save after the game came out. In the beta I couldn't get them to upgrade or build a new stadium. 

Edited by choices006

• 1 month later...

In my recently finished dafuge challenge career we had a stadium move to a 4000 capacity stadium, then a small expansion, then another new stadium on promotion to the premier League as the max expansion capacity was below the minimum for the league. That 2nd stadium was expanded twice.

In a 7000 capacity stadium in Bosnia. We're in CL regularly and sellling out almost every game. I asked the board to expand and they agreed but at the end of the year the expansion was turned down. this happened 3 times adn when I asked for a stadiun they said, "why build a stadium when we can expand the one we have?"

• 11 months later...

I got a new stadium in '22 after being promoted from the National to Ligue 2.  Then I got promoted again the next season, so the minimum stadium requirements were different, and the in-progress stadium vanished.  I could never build a new stadium, expand the first stadium, or buy the one we had to rent again.