[FM22] USA League Structure Extended (with USL League Two) - v22.7 - Thanks owncredible

3 minutes ago, owncredible said:

Okay, let me try to investigate the issue.  I’m pretty new to the FM editor, so bare with me.  I think I’ll be able to figure it out though.  Thanks for providing the picture because that helps me as well.

Also, if anyone else has any issues, let me know.  As far as I know, the file I uploaded is working fine, and I haven’t had any reported issues except for this one.

thank you very much. It's a strange one but looking forward to hearing from you. :) 

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fyi, with the updated rosters from 22.3, you can start in early 2022 if you load either Brazil or Colombia.

I found Colombia better because it's closer to MLS preseason, but after the expansion/super draft. Charlotte gets way too good if they get to do the drafts with their full roster.

Edited by easymacbb

On 04/03/2022 at 14:18, owncredible said:

UPDATE: It was a problem on dino88's end with conflicting databases.  If anyone else is having a similar issue as him, that may be why.

Hey, I'm having the same issue. How can I fix it?

3 hours ago, Lenny33 said:

Hey, I'm having the same issue. How can I fix it?

Hi.

Dino88 discovered that the Canadian Megapatch database by yellowsweatygorilla and this USA database both clash.  If you are getting the same exact message as dino, that may be why.  If you don't have the Canadian Megapatch, then that still means there is another database you have conflicting with this one.

For the case with the Canadian Megapatch, you won't be able to play with both databases.  You will have to disable one of them before you start your save.  Otherwise, if you don't have it, you are going to have to go through and test out which databases work with this one.

I hope that explains it well.  If that doesn't work, try shooting dino88 a message as he resolved the issue himself, but I'm pretty sure what I explained is what he did.

Edited by owncredible

21 minutes ago, McBride said:

Started with your file on 22.3 with USA national team in 3/21 but there are no fixtures and we're not in any of the qualifying groups fro WC.

Hello.

I have an ongoing save that is in September 2022, so I went to check on this.  It seems that the USA National Team enters the World Cup Qualifiers during the Third Round.  The first match that they had in 2021 (besides friendlies) was on September 1st.  From there on, you should have consistent fixtures until the World Cup.  

Taking a look at the real life 2022 FIFA World Cup qualifiers (CONCACAF), USA had a bye to the third round of the qualifiers which seems to be accurately reflected within the game.  

Are you able to sign players directly to your MLS Next Pro team and not to your senior MLS team? I'm playing as FC Cincinnati and loving having the reserve team, but as the regen contracts expire, I can't seem to field a full reserve team unless they're all signed to the senior MLS team. 

9 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

Sorry Enig completely forogt.

Ive done these so far. no config as they are aligned to my US database creation etc.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/4wkie45obls3dyt/NCAA.rar/file

Should have the rest by the weekend,. 

Awesome! Thanks. I can put a config together, no problem. 

Edited by EnigMattic1

1 hour ago, Dodis said:

Are you able to sign players directly to your MLS Next Pro team and not to your senior MLS team? I'm playing as FC Cincinnati and loving having the reserve team, but as the regen contracts expire, I can't seem to field a full reserve team unless they're all signed to the senior MLS team. 

As far as I'm aware, you aren't able to sign players directly to your MLS Next Pro team as an MLS club.  I'm not 100% sure I'm correct on this, but I'm assuming there's something hardcoded in the game that prevents you from being able to do that.  If I'm wrong and it has to do with how the database is set up, then I'm not sure how I would correct that.  Even then, this isn't truly my database, so I don't want to make any drastic changes to it.  

With that being said, I believe that you can still put some players in your FC Cincinnati II, and games will still be played.  For the positions you don't have filled, the game will just put in random players with greyed out names that will play for the team.  It's not the ideal solution, but it is better than nothing.  

1 hour ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Awesome! Thanks. I can put a config together, no problem. 

I was putting all the NCAA conferences (Div 1 anyway) in mine, mught do Div 2 for FM23. if i do those logos i'll give you a shout see if they are needed.

• Palk changed the title to [FM22] USA League Structure Extended (with USL League Two) - v22.7 - Thanks owncredible

In my save the "add players" feature spawned some 21 year old newgens in NYCFC II etc. that are so strong they made and start in the 2022 World Cup. Is that working as intended? Feels overpowered.

Yeah, definitely seen some strong initial created players in MLS next teams and college with the addon. Not sure if there's much you can do in the editor unless it's a reputation thing for the B teams.

In one save I signed a 18 y/o college guy to a usl1 contract for $10k p/a. Sold him 6 months later for 3 quarter of a million to a German 2nd tier team, a year later Munich paid like $5 million and he was worth $80 million plus. Also saw a new gen start the World Cup for the US after being signed by Man Utd.

Basically, I don't scout the NCAA in the game if I play in the USL because it's too easy to sign OP players for peanuts. Just wait until after the draft and try to sign guys that weren't drafted. Seems the fairest way and somewhat true to life.

14 hours ago, cedsered said:

Are MLS teams supposed to have 2 reserve teams? is there any way to get that fixed?

No, they are not supposed to.  I believe that I have found the issue within the editor, though.  With some of the MLS clubs, specifically the ones who have a team in MLS Next Pro, they have two clubs as their B teams instead of just one.  The MLS Next Pro clubs were all added as B teams, but the original B team clubs were not given an end date once the MLS Next Pro teams come into play.

I'm going to work on it tonight, so it may not get done until then or tomorrow at the latest. 

On 19/03/2022 at 22:05, Weston said:

In my save the "add players" feature spawned some 21 year old newgens in NYCFC II etc. that are so strong they made and start in the 2022 World Cup. Is that working as intended? Feels overpowered.

1 hour ago, easymacbb said:

Yeah, definitely seen some strong initial created players in MLS next teams and college with the addon. Not sure if there's much you can do in the editor unless it's a reputation thing for the B teams.

In one save I signed a 18 y/o college guy to a usl1 contract for $10k p/a. Sold him 6 months later for 3 quarter of a million to a German 2nd tier team, a year later Munich paid like $5 million and he was worth $80 million plus. Also saw a new gen start the World Cup for the US after being signed by Man Utd.

Basically, I don't scout the NCAA in the game if I play in the USL because it's too easy to sign OP players for peanuts. Just wait until after the draft and try to sign guys that weren't drafted. Seems the fairest way and somewhat true to life.

Looking at the database, some of the MLS Next Pro clubs were copied and modified from the base MLS clubs.  Though they were modified, their club reputation is still the same as the MLS clubs which may possibly be the reason why there are overpowered newgens being added to the clubs?  I'm not sure what reputation they should be changed to if that's the reason though.

All of the NCAA teams have a club reputation of 1000, so I don't think there's an issue there necessarily reputation wise as that is lower than clubs in the USL Champ and USL League One.  

Edited by owncredible

38 minutes ago, owncredible said:

Hmm.  That does seem a little bit overpowered.  Specifically, how many players is it?  Is it just like 2 or 3, or is it more?  

To my knowledge, I don't believe that we can control the quality of players that it generates when you use that feature.  Someone can correct me if I'm wrong on that, though.  If there is a way, then I'll look into it more to see if I can address the issue.

I think my save began 28 Aug 2021. One year later in Qatar, the US had these 3 fully-formed newgens playing in the World Cup squad:

image.thumb.png.f67b7e47ca00f7ca61e915c078b9a53c.png

image.thumb.png.07d63a26c663c4bb6b6500917d03cab0.png

image.thumb.png.737dbc3429bf6d679d2d6b82e53fc68a.png

It definitely feels overpowered to me, but I'm no expert. Sadly, they still lost all 3 games anyway.

I assume there's no way to fix any of these various issues with the database once a save has been started, regardless?

1 hour ago, Weston said:

I think my save began 28 Aug 2021. One year later in Qatar, the US had these 3 fully-formed newgens playing in the World Cup squad:

image.thumb.png.f67b7e47ca00f7ca61e915c078b9a53c.png

image.thumb.png.07d63a26c663c4bb6b6500917d03cab0.png

image.thumb.png.737dbc3429bf6d679d2d6b82e53fc68a.png

It definitely feels overpowered to me, but I'm no expert. Sadly, they still lost all 3 games anyway.

I assume there's no way to fix any of these various issues with the database once a save has been started, regardless?

That’s correct.  You would have to start a new save to play on an updated database.  I’m personally not an expert either as I’m still learning about the FM editor/editing databases, so no worries there.

This isn’t technically my database, but I’m going to be trying to improve it as needed as I have tried to before (as long as I have time!)

EDIT: I plan to work on this tonight, and if all goes well, we should have an update by tonight or sometime tomorrow. 

Edited by owncredible

Alright, everyone.  I know that there have been some minor issues reported with the database that needed to be fixed.  While none of these issues were game-breaking, I still wanted to address them ASAP.  A few of these issues, specifically in the NISA, are ones that I found myself as well.  I'm hoping that we are at the point where we don't have to update the database anymore besides the typical verifying for a new FM update.  Any questions or comments?  Feel free to message me or leave a comment here.

New Version: 22.7.1

FILE VERIFIED FOR FM 22.4!

Changes Made:

MLS (Major League Soccer)

- Fixed MLS club affiliations to only have 1 reserve team instead of 2.

(Part of the issue was due to the conflict between the existing B teams and the new MLS Next Pro clubs)

- Fixed CF Montreal and Austin FC being in the wrong conferences.

NISA (National Independent Soccer Association)

- Changed Flower City Union's club reputation to 2500 (previously 1)

- Changed Valley United's club reputation to 2500 (previously 750)

- Set Valley United's club status to Professional (previously: semi-professional)

(These reputation/club status changes match the other NISA clubs)

- Set the NISA league reputation to 45 (previously 0)

(USL League One's league reputation is 55.  As the NISA and USL L1 are on the same level in the USA soccer pyramid, I modified them to be similar.  I decided to give the NISA a reputation 10 points lower than USL L1 as they aren't as established as the USL (the USL as a whole, not just League One)

MLS Next Pro

This is probably the biggest change that I made.

- Replaced MLS Next Pro clubs and lowered reputation to hopefully combat overpowered newgens.

(The base game MLS clubs were originally copied, then modified to become II clubs.  While that was done, the reputations for the II clubs were the same as the main clubs.  Some users during their playing experience were noticing overpowered newgens being added to the game when they selected the "Add players to playable teams" feature.  I went back and removed the modified II clubs, then added the pre-existing II clubs found in the base game Lower Leagues divisions.  I'm hoping the lower club reputation will reduce the quality of newgens to a reasonable level)

- Organized Next Pro clubs into the correct conferences based on the real life league.

NOTE: I haven't tested this too extensively yet, so let me know if you have any issues.  Also, I didn't make any changes to the NCAA as I didn't feel like there was anything I could do to improve it more than it already is.  It's not perfect by any means, but it's at the point where I can't really make it any more realistic.  

USExpansionv22.7.1 (22.4).zip

Edited by owncredible

10 hours ago, owncredible said:

That’s correct.  You would have to start a new save to play on an updated database.  I’m personally not an expert either as I’m still learning about the FM editor/editing databases, so no worries there.

This isn’t technically my database, but I’m going to be trying to improve it as needed as I have tried to before (as long as I have time!)

EDIT: I plan to work on this tonight, and if all goes well, we should have an update by tonight or sometime tomorrow. 

Are any of the above fixes things I could replicate with the in-game editor somehow as a workaround?

2 hours ago, owncredible said:

MLS Next Pro

This is probably the biggest change that I made.

- Replaced MLS Next Pro teams and lowered reputation to hopefully combat overpowered newgens.

(The base game MLS clubs were originally copied, then modified to become II clubs.  While that was done, the reputations for the II clubs were the same as the main clubs.  Some users during their playing experience were noticing overpowered newgens being added to the game when they selected the "Add players to playable teams" feature.  I went back and removed the modified II clubs, then added the pre-existing II clubs found in the base game Lower Leagues divisions.  I'm hoping the lower club reputation will reduce the quality of newgens to a reasonable level)

It's worth noting that MLS Next already created some oddly specific newgens even in the base game. For example, if you searched all American players and sorted them by the finishing attribute, there would be 4-6 random newgens ahead of Pulisic, the best real American finisher, that had absolutely garbage attributes otherwise.

In general, this odd way of creating newgens with one specifically pointed attribute, is silly across the board, but it was interesting to observe in this isolated context.

What's odd about the players I noted is how they popped up at 22 and were more well-rounded. Age aside, since my save is already in full swing, 'm just going to pretend that the unrealistically high-quality newgens are indicative of a real golden age blooming in US soccer. Here's hoping!

Honestly haven't looked too much into the US leagues yet as I've been managing in Europe, but is it supposed to just be blank like this? Thought there'd be a screen for the league(s) where I could see player stats and dig for some gems.

image.thumb.png.6a1a8073f73a1ca918c9ef298723b973.png

6 hours ago, Weston said:

Honestly haven't looked too much into the US leagues yet as I've been managing in Europe, but is it supposed to just be blank like this? Thought there'd be a screen for the league(s) where I could see player stats and dig for some gems.

image.thumb.png.6a1a8073f73a1ca918c9ef298723b973.png

Is this on the new version I just put out??  Currently testing to see if I get the same issue.

1 hour ago, owncredible said:

Is this on the new version I just put out??  Currently testing to see if I get the same issue.

No, my save has already begun so I'm on the old one. I assume this isn't what it's supposed to look like? Not sure how I can best view these newgens and perhaps get some for myself - they're already being rolled out, might as well get in on the action.

To confirm, are any of the changes you made possible to be replicated with the in-game editor as workarounds? Can you change reputation, for example?

42 minutes ago, Weston said:

No, my save has already begun so I'm on the old one. I assume this isn't what it's supposed to look like? Not sure how I can best view these newgens and perhaps get some for myself - they're already being rolled out, might as well get in on the action.

To confirm, are any of the changes you made possible to be replicated with the in-game editor as workarounds? Can you change reputation, for example?

No, you should be able to see the MLS Next Pro stats and past winners.  I'm not sure why it's showing it like that.  But I feel like you should be able to see the past winners still.  Is it possible that you have all of the USA leagues in view only?  I'm not sure if that'd be a reason for it to not work, but I'm just trying to figure out what's causing that.

To be honest, I don't use or have the in-game editor, so I'm not sure what changes you could make to replicate mine.  If you are able to change club reputations with it, I believe that would work the same as what I did.  It wouldn't change the newgens that already were loaded up at the start of the game, though.  For future saves, I'd recommend you to install the new version to save yourself the trouble next time.

Edited by owncredible

2 hours ago, Fmfan00 said:

image.thumb.png.f9d7cd0ea7e0aec17285e2b592bdde94.png

image.thumb.png.6781b7332fa1360c9907df21d966d123.png

is this because of the start date i used like MLS Next Pro is not playable? currently using 22.7 verison also CF Montreal in West in the game when they are actually as MLS East team

Yes, because the MLS Next Pro doesn't start until 2022.  I am now currently working on the Montreal thing.  Somehow, Montreal and Austin FC are in the wrong conferences, so I need to switch them back.

16 minutes ago, owncredible said:

Yes, because the MLS Next Pro doesn't start until 2022.  I am now currently working on the Montreal thing.  Somehow, Montreal and Austin FC are in the wrong conferences, so I need to switch them back.

ohh ok thanks... now i know i can create a CF Montreal II team and swap it with another non MLS team and auto sim until 2022

ATTENTION ALL: I have fixed the issue that @Fmfan00 pointed out to me with CF Montreal and Austin FC being in the wrong conferences.  If you downloaded my v22.7.1 update file before my post here, I would recommend you to redownload if you want these fixes applied.  The new file can be found in my update post above (it still has the same name if you downloaded it before).

Also, I would like to announce that there may be longer delays on me fixing any issues unless it is to verify for a new update.  For the most part, all of the minor issues mentioned have been fixed in my latest update.  Still, if there's any more, I don't want to have to keep updating the database constantly to fix them.  

Edited by owncredible

4 hours ago, easymacbb said:

SI really timed 22.4 well for you, huh.

edit: I went ahead and verified the file for 22.4 for owncredible. Once he puts out a new version, I would use that though. No other changes have been made.

US Expansion v22.7.1 (22.4 verified).fmf 155.64 kB · 4 downloads

Haha, yeah, it was very great timing.  Thanks for verifying the file for me, though, I appreciate it.  

No changes will be made at this time, so the file you uploaded will be fine.  I did a quick check on the file, and it doesn't seem like anything is messed up with it.  I'm going to update my post with the new file.  Unfortunately, this is Palk's thread otherwise I would put it on the front page.

Hello everyone.

I apologize that you guys weren't able to use this database and the Canadian Megapatch together for a while.  I know a lot of you were a little frustrated about that, and I should've worked on it sooner.

With that being said, I have some good news to share.  I have now officially updated this database to be compatible with yellowsweatygorillas Canadian Megapatch!! 

Changes Made

- Changed Vancouver FC 2's nation to Canada (previously USA)

- Removed Vancouver FC 2 out of the MLS Next Pro

(Vancouver FC 2 becomes Vancouver FC 3 in the CA Megapatch and joins the League1 British Colombia)

- Replaced Vancouver FC 2 with LAFC 2

(LAFC 2 is listed as a future team for the MLS Next Pro)

I have attached the file below for those of you who are interested.  Please note that this is an optional file update, so if you aren't planning on using the Canadian Megapatch, you don't have to download this.

USA Expansion v22.7.1 (CA Compatible).fmf

Does anyone know why the MLS scheduling fails testing if I only change the USL Championship scheduling?

Was fooling around and tried to get the 2022 USL schedule close to real life, but each time I try it causes 2022 MLS to fail by having an MLS group 0 team play too many games. I don't change anything with MLS. I assume it has to be with how the MLS2 teams interact with parent clubs and counting games. I literally opened the editor, changed to USL schedule and tested. It failed, so I changed the USL schedule back and it passed.

Also, I was able to finagle the editor to add STL to MLS in 2023, but my PC is fairly slow so it is taking forever to sim long enough to see if it works in-game correctly (exp draft, normal drafts, ...). It passes editor tests.

Can't attest to the latest versions floating around, but you may want to check if these issues I discovered in a previous download are still there:

• San Diego 1904 FC, which dissolved in 2021, continues to exist in the game indefinitely
  • Vermont Green FC, which is scheduled to join USL League Two in 2022, never appears

3 hours ago, WatsonFM said:

Is there any way to make the 2021 MLS season not happen? even though it starts in countries with a 2022 start date it is always simulated.

the only two thigns that I know is starting beginning of MSL Season for 2021 or starting 2022 and having it simmed