Do staff become better at the staff roles they are nor sully competent in if they are employed in that role?

If I sign a Head of Youth Development staff member improve from half a circle in the coach role over time?

Obviously the stats of some of these HoYD are insane, so I'm trying to work out if I can sign them as semi competent coaches and if they will get better at their employed role over time.

Thanks.

20211213054024_1.jpg

The attributes show you that he's going to be good in the role. But you can click on the relevant role you want to offer him and it'll highlight the relevant attributes for that role so that you can make an informed decision.

1 minute ago, Robioto said:

So are the circles for the different staff roles on the left irrelevant to how he will perform as a coach

It's the level of interest in the role (your screenshot shows this too) so you'll struggle to 'convince' them to take such a role if they have little interest in it. Once they're employed, their attributes determines how good they are.

Just now, HUNT3R said:

It's the level of interest in the role (your screenshot shows this too) so you'll struggle to 'convince' them to take such a role if they have little interest in it. Once they're employed, their attributes determines how good they are.

All these years playing the game and I never knew that. Thank you.

I'll continue to sign up all these highly attributed HoYDs then!