Level of infrastructure and standards of living

Hi guys. 

Playing through a Sparta Prague save. I'm fairly bottlenecked by what countries I can pick players from. Players seems to turn me down due to level of infrastructure and standards of living.

I am mostly talking about French, UK and Italian players.

Sometimes it isn't an issue and sometimes it is? 

Are you scouting regions instead of nations? Much better coverage.

Basically what I'm saying is, if top tier talent won't come due to infrastructure - then you have to take from the middle/lower tier nations initially.

Once you start getting some European success, your club rep will help counter the poor infrastructure.

5 minutes ago, kentonizking said:

Are you scouting regions instead of nations? Much better coverage.

Basically what I'm saying is, if top tier talent won't come due to infrastructure - then you have to take from the middle/lower tier nations initially.

Once you start getting some European success, your club rep will help counter the poor infrastructure.

Hi Kento!

Well the last 4 years I've been competing in the later stages of champions league.

Some of my scouts are scouting specific countries - some are scouting regions.
I've been struggling to find scouts with decent knowledge of Africa and Asia. - Should I just hire a great scout ( with good adaptability) and force him to scout those areas?

13 hours ago, Emiliuz said:

Hi guys. 

Playing through a Sparta Prague save. I'm fairly bottlenecked by what countries I can pick players from. Players seems to turn me down due to level of infrastructure and standards of living.

I am mostly talking about French, UK and Italian players.

Sometimes it isn't an issue and sometimes it is? 

Out of interest, how many French, UK or Italian players play for them currently?

Dunno, I do find this pretty weird. Czech Republic has a better economy (per capita) than Italy, Spain, and Portugal. It's about the same level as the UK and France. They have access to the same amenities everyone else has. Prague itself is amazing, and if I were forced to move to any city in Europe, that would be in the top 5 spots.

Just looked it up.. Prague rates higher than the vast bulk of European cities in terms of quality of life. Higher than London, Madrid, Rome, Porto, Paris. A little worse than Berlin. 

13 hours ago, Prepper_Jack said:

Dunno, I do find this pretty weird. Czech Republic has a better economy (per capita) than Italy, Spain, and Portugal. It's about the same level as the UK and France. They have access to the same amenities everyone else has. Prague itself is amazing, and if I were forced to move to any city in Europe, that would be in the top 5 spots.

Just looked it up.. Prague rates higher than the vast bulk of European cities in terms of quality of life. Higher than London, Madrid, Rome, Porto, Paris. A little worse than Berlin. 

See I read it in the game that levels of infrastructure refers to the size of stadiums, quality of training complexes and coaching. Standard of living would refer to the wages, signing on fee, bonuses, etc the player would be able to get.

I wouldn't see the game actually saying a player would look at the amount of public transport and how often his bins are collected to choose Prague over Paris...