Suggestion: New Contract Conversations - chat option "No, Because Salary Cap"

Finners

I find it a bit absurd that I'm working within a salary cap, I literally can't afford to give a player a higher wage or he wouldn't be able to be registered, and he's still demanding a higher wage.

I appreciation there's already a conversation option "even if I wanted to, the club couldn't afford to..." but it's very rarely actually listened to by a player and it can be interpreted as being a little bit subjective anyway. "Can't afford to" could really mean "we'd rather spend this money on a flashy new signing..." for example, so I can understand why a player would counter the argument.

But could we not have a conversation option with a very high chance of being accepted for clubs in the likes of La Liga or the MLS where we're literally near cap and can't actually afford to pay them any more?

I'm not suggesting it should automatically stop a player being unhappy - his agent could go round touting him to bigger clubs that CAN pay his wages, he could hand in a transfer request, he could refuse to sign any contract extension and look to run it out to leave - there's plenty of options open to him.

But I've currently got players at Zaragoza who are rabble rousing in the dressing room and I've got team leaders coming to demand I give this player more money when I literally cannot. I appreciate that unprofessional, greedy footballers do exist but when it's THIS black and white it's absurdly immersion breaking.

• 2 months later...