The future seems horrible, 2034 is the end.

I can´t even post this as a bug, don´t know if it is but the tendency towards the increasingly higher wages. I checked out the various teams in the PL and Brentford has been doing really well all seasons being a contender for the Euro Cup places every season but mostly settling for the upper table.

Brentford´s entire squad consists of 17 players, most of them vastly overpaid, they have a very small transfer budget and no room in the wage budget, had to save my game and add a manager to confirm this. Add to that the "Messi" mentality among players as 3 of them want out, but to where? All teams in the PL have humongous wage budgets with Manchester City paying twice the wages of the current Manchester city squad, they too have a reduced squad but not as bad.

In 2034 I bought a player over 100 million Euros as the only team in England but I am also fighting the wage budget and was very lucky to sell 3 players this season each for about 40 million to afford one, the thing is with such a high wage budget for most teams they simply don´t have players to sell as they have reduced their playing staff significantly. So, transfers in the PL aren´t really that much of a thing, lots of small 30-40 million Euro transfers but no big ones.

Wages go up in all clubs like a wildfire but all other incomes stay the same, price money ... etc. Brentford f.ex. still has a 17k sitter stadium. Just the 10% wage increase in most contracts is enough to make my brain boil as I can´t remove it, sometimes I am successful in negotiating it to 5%, removing it though requires a lot in wages. I can´t start to imagine how the AI does it, over the long course not very well though.

2034 Brentford squad: They are paid 12x the amount of the current real life Brentford squad with the only extra income being a bit more in sponsorship, media prediction is 8th.

Manchester city are paying more than twice in wages as they do in real life with no extra income to speak of.

Is this is a bug which should be uploaded? or is it how you envision the future?

PS: Can´t find the wage table anywhere to compare club wages, had to do manual calculations for both Brentford and M.City.

Brentford.jpg

Edited by AurioDK

1 hour ago, AurioDK said:

I can´t even post this as a bug, don´t know if it is but the tendency towards the increasingly higher wages. I checked out the various teams in the PL and Brentford has been doing really well all seasons being a contender for the Euro Cup places every season but mostly settling for the upper table.

Brentford´s entire squad consists of 17 players, most of them vastly overpaid, they have a very small transfer budget and no room in the wage budget, had to save my game and add a manager to confirm this. Add to that the "Messi" mentality among players as 3 of them want out, but to where? All teams in the PL have humongous wage budgets with Manchester City paying twice the wages of the current Manchester city squad, they too have a reduced squad but not as bad.

In 2034 I bought a player over 100 million Euros as the only team in England but I am also fighting the wage budget and was very lucky to sell 3 players this season each for about 40 million to afford one, the thing is with such a high wage budget for most teams they simply don´t have players to sell as they have reduced their playing staff significantly. So, transfers in the PL aren´t really that much of a thing, lots of small 30-40 million Euro transfers but no big ones.

Wages go up in all clubs like a wildfire but all other incomes stay the same, price money ... etc. Brentford f.ex. still has a 17k sitter stadium. Just the 10% wage increase in most contracts is enough to make my brain boil as I can´t remove it, sometimes I am successful in negotiating it to 5%, removing it though requires a lot in wages. I can´t start to imagine how the AI does it, over the long course not very well though.

2034 Brentford squad: They are paid 12x the amount of the current real life Brentford squad with the only extra income being a bit more in sponsorship, media prediction is 8th.

Manchester city are paying more than twice in wages as they do in real life with no extra income to speak of.

Is this is a bug which should be uploaded? or is it how you envision the future?

PS: Can´t find the wage table anywhere to compare club wages, had to do manual calculations for both Brentford and M.City.

Brentford.jpg

I think the wage table is within the league stats, near the bottom

7 hours ago, AurioDK said:

League -> Stats -> Team detailed -> scroll all the way down on your left and you'll find Team wages or something like that.

This is not the first version in which the AI is bad at squad building but those wages seem a bit worrying indeed. And I've read about the issue somewhere else. Honestly I was about to buy the game and start a youth challenge save but what's the point? it seems it's gonna be much easier than ever, all other issues considered.

23 hours ago, Daveincid said:

So they are paying over €500m a year? Do you have a screenshot for that? 

It´s a bit weird but I actually don´t have a "least season screenshot" of M. City. I had to advance the season in order to check wages, it doesnt show when starting up the season, at this point in time which is near Christmas 2034 things look okay for City. I got confused as it is very different from last season, they had 3 players on 500k contracts, all oldies and these were released upon the end of their contract. They now have a 284 million euro annual salary budget which is normal for a club like city, the other clubs at the top end also seemed normal.

As for the rest of the pack they are all paying 1,5 to 2x wages and it seems I have been focusing on the wrong team, Brentford, I just chose them because I follow them closely in real life. They are miles apart from the rest of the PL teams, they sold another player before deadline and are now stuck with 16 first team players, they have 1 player in the the U23s who is on loan and no U18 team, the latter I just learned. They are doing extremely well though with those 16 players.

I am now left with a PL and most squads having fewer players than normal but not to a degree where I would call it a bug. I usually say that 22 players is enough, basically 2 teams, Brentford is the only exception.

This leads me to think that top teams and perhaps a few others have had problems with older players on long contracts, some lose their physical abilities fast while others don´t. This could lead to the good golden oldies being "stuck" on huge contracts while not playing, teams look for reinforcements and go far over budget. As for City, they are lucky to have that huge sponsorship income which probably kept them afloat.

These are the top transfers in 2034: Havn´t really done any work on this, don´t know if it looks real or not.

transfers.jpg

Edited by AurioDK

vor 1 Minute schrieb AurioDK:

It´s a bit weird but I actually don´t have a "least season screenshot" of M. City. I had to advance the season in order to check wages, it doesnt show when starting up the season, at this point in time which is near Christmas 2034 things look okay for City. I got confused as it is very different from last season, they had 3 players on 500k contracts, all oldies and these were released upon the end of their contract. They now have a 284 million euro annual salary budget which is normal for a club like city, the other clubs at the top end also seemed normal.

I honestly don't think that it was different back then. Salaries won't change significantly in half of a season. This is the normal salary-behaviour in the premier league. Especially with the lack of information in combination with the thread-title this is all very missleading.

Are you able to check if any teams at all have expanded their stadiums at all? Outside of the predefined ones like Liverpool, Lincoln, Luton, Portsmouth, Fulham, etc?

As I'm convinced stadium expansion does not work at all in FM22

5 hours ago, Robioto said:

Are you able to check if any teams at all have expanded their stadiums at all? Outside of the predefined ones like Liverpool, Lincoln, Luton, Portsmouth, Fulham, etc?

As I'm convinced stadium expansion does not work at all in FM22

Stadium expansion works, I am at Wrexham playing in a 42k sitter soon to be expanded to 52k. Can´t remember the name they gave it but it´s new, took about 5 seasons for planning and building.

I am not stating that some stadium progression issues could be present.

On 18/12/2021 at 12:47, Deisler26 said:

Personally, I’m a huge fan of your save and would like it to continue. Preferably with a relegation involved

On 18/12/2021 at 14:02, AurioDK said:

Relegation? Don´t know what you mean, I am not going to get relegated :)

@AurioDK - I'm a big fan of your save also. A relegation would be good

Edited by PhilT

You can argue that this could happen at some point in real life, with every player increasing their demands year after year, until the are old enough to start asking for less. The salary scheme in football is not sustainable (You can confirm this after you take the normal economy out of sync i.e. Covid19) and at some point a salary cap or something on those lines will be implemented in the most important leagues, as the amount of debt that some teams have to remain competitive is just beyond crazy.

Coming back to FM22, is well known in the Community that the AI is not very good at squad management, that's why after 2030 the game becomes easier and easier as we humans know how to make it sustainable and move efficiently recycling old and new talent, the AI just gets stuck with old overpaid players umtil they eventually retire.

I hope SI will fix this eventually to make longer saves more challenging.

In the meantime managing an International Team late in the save is a very nice challenge. Just in case You get bored.

Edited by Sharkn20