Adding Extra European Nations

legendof88

Just wanting to clear something up. This first version of FM, I’ve had in a few years. I was wanting to create a edited game that has 64 European nations, so adding 9 nations to the current crop! 

I remember seeing in forums that you amount of nations in any continent are hard coded so it’s not possible to add nations to international and European competitions rules.

is this true? Or can it be done? If it can, anyone got a tutorial or instructions on how to edit correctly?

You can't create new nations, only edit existing ones. So you'd need to bring back nations like Ireland (Pre-1922), the USSR etc. To make it possible to edit those nations continent to bring them back see the below post.

Club competitions and World Cup qualifiers should automatically update to include the new teams. Although 9 is a lot, so I'm not sure it would be able to deal with all of them. The Nations League would need to be edited to manually add the additional teams. I've successfully replaced teams in it before and that wasn't too difficult, so shouldn't be an issue doing that. Although again, 9 teams is a lot so you may need to edit the format of the competition too, maybe another group or 2 in the lowest division? I believe the Euro qualifiers are coded for a specific number of teams though. I assume that would mean it still works fine, just 9 teams miss out, not sure whether it would be the 9 new teams or the 9 lowest ranked teams though. Trying to edit those would probably be a bit of a hassle, so hopefully it's just the lowest ranked teams and you don't mind them missing out.

To edit the Nations League and/or Euro qualifiers see this thread:

Yeah so bringing back old nations, that’s no problem and was what I planned. 

In terms of what you say about some nations and club competitions and 9 being a lot. Surely whether it’s 1, 9 or 20 the theory is just the same, if it’s doable the number of changes or new teams shouldn’t matter surely?

With World Cup qualifying surely if you edit the World Cup itself and all other continental qualifying ( I know a bit of work) this should also be solvable. 

if any one else has some thoughts on this please let me know?

31 minutes ago, legendof88 said:

Yeah so bringing back old nations, that’s no problem and was what I planned. 

In terms of what you say about some nations and club competitions and 9 being a lot. Surely whether it’s 1, 9 or 20 the theory is just the same, if it’s doable the number of changes or new teams shouldn’t matter surely?

With World Cup qualifying surely if you edit the World Cup itself and all other continental qualifying ( I know a bit of work) this should also be solvable. 

if any one else has some thoughts on this please let me know?

I meant purely in terms of it automatically updating. There may be a difference in number of teams there. eg. I'd assume European World Cup Quals would be able to adjust to a maximum of 5 teams fine. There are 5 qualifying groups with 1 less team in them, so it could just add 1 team to each and problem solved. More than that may be an issue though. Won't know until you try.

Yeah, you could get it to work manually, but that can be a real pain, especially with the number of linked competitions.