Leaving on a free transfer at the end of the season

My first choice keeper has the 'Frt' icon, its 5th September in game, is there anyway I can reverse this by playing him all the time, constantly praising him etc or am i screwed?

To add to this, he hasn't agreed a deal with another club yet

FM20

Edited by ryanlion28

12 hours ago, FrazT said:

Presumably you have till the turn of the year to change his mind, so play him and praise him ( if he deserves it) and in December ), see if he is interested in a new deal

Thanks FrazT, so the ‘Frt’ icon can be reversed?

weird thing is a few weeks after he had the icon he asked to be removed from the transfer list, I was like nice stuff he wants in, offered him a contract and I couldn’t offer him one because he wants to see out his contract and leave on a free, very odd situation

I didn't have luck with Dybala on my beta save on FM22. He wanted to leave on free like your player and he played excellent for me, I praised him every month, in press conferences when they ask me about him, I praise him.

But in the end, it didn't work :( 

Nothing's been said about wanting a challenge though to be fair, it was because i rejected a bid for him then told him I had no intention of selling him

The only thing that concerns me with this case is i've had loads of situation where a player has handed in a transfer request or asked to leave etc and i've been able to turn it round.

But with this one the 'Frt' Icon on his profile might mean its unchangable, idk if there's anyway we can get definitive confirmation regarding that

6 hours ago, ryanlion28 said:

Nothing's been said about wanting a challenge though to be fair, it was because i rejected a bid for him then told him I had no intention of selling him

In that case, he's done the one thing he can do, and is refusing to sign another contract and will leave on his own terms.

I'm not honestly sure you can turn this around now, I'd just prepare for him leaving and have a replacement lined up.