[FM22] Club with several reserves teams and little restrictions

FelixForte

Hi all,

I enjoy building a club that stockpiles players (in an extreme Chelsea fashion), sending many of them out on loan and having others in the youth teams and reserves. I was wondering if anyone has a tip for the ideal club for this. I'm looking for the following:

•  A league with little restrictions on signing players (work permits, max non-EU rules)
  • A league with little restrictions on loaning out players
  • A club with a reserves team in the football pyramid with little restrictions in rising through the ranks to second or third tier
  • At least 3 reserves/youth teams

The best option I have seen so far is Juventus. It has three teams below the first team (U23, U21 and U19) and the U23 can rise up to Serie B. However, unfortunately there are strict rules on non-EU players (2 per year max) and you can only loan out 6 players above the age of 22 to foreign clubs. Red Bull Salzburg is also interesting but has one fewer team, and the same rule 6 players above the age of 22 on loan at foreign clubs. However, not a maximum of non-EU players (although I do think there are work permits).

I understand I could edit the rules through the editor but would prefer to do it in a real-life situation. The current quality of the club does not matter, it's a long-term save. Any suggestions are very welcome! 

Thanks!

Edited by FelixForte

• FelixForte changed the title to [FM22] Club with several reserves teams and little restrictions
2 hours ago, DannyFM87 said:

That's a very specific set of rules for picking a club. But I like the idea!

How about a Portuguese team? Or the Bundesliga (Germany) maybe?

Thanks Danny, great suggestions! The German teams have little league restrictions and Bayern II features in the third division (with no further promotion possibilities). Benfica and Porto have II squads in the second division and there are also few rules on squad registration. They also have three squads below the first team. However, these are the type of II squads where you effectively send your players on loan to a different club rather than them being a reserves team (like is the case for Jong Ajax and Juventus U23). I prefer the latter. Starting to think Juventus may be the best option out there!

Dutch rules are more relaxed than Italy for sure... you have some clubs with reserves in the 2nd and 3rd league, and might be a good idea to look into Ajax, PSV, Utrecht, AZ or Volendam if you are willing to go lower. Not sure if in FM22 they also have another team (U18 or 19) besides the "Jong" team.

On 21/12/2021 at 20:34, Muttley84 said:

Dutch rules are more relaxed than Italy for sure... you have some clubs with reserves in the 2nd and 3rd league, and might be a good idea to look into Ajax, PSV, Utrecht, AZ or Volendam if you are willing to go lower. Not sure if in FM22 they also have another team (U18 or 19) besides the "Jong" team.

FC Utrecht has a ''jong'' (B-team) team that plays in the second division. They also have a U19 team. 

Currently managing Villareal. They have:

• B-team
  • C-team
  • U19

With 3 non-EU restrictions. So it needs allot of nurturing if you do want to scout in foreign countries.  

You don't even need 3 teams to try and stockpile talents and sell them for money. I did it with Red Star FC in fm20 and found out after buying talents for nothing, I was selling them for at least a few hundred thousand pounds per player, which is good for a rising 3rd tier team, and to add I eventually won the CL with them whilst only spending 53million on my final set of players.

I recommend leagues in Holland, France, Spain and Germany, but make sure you use mods to add more leagues or else your B team will find it hard to develop. But when you wanna stockpile in a RTG, don't even think of spending unless you really have too.

Edited by 180SG

1 hour ago, 180SG said:

You don't even need 3 teams to try and stockpile talents and sell them for money. I did it with Red Star FC in fm20 and found out after buying talents for nothing, I was selling them for at least a few hundred thousand pounds per player, which is good for a rising 3rd tier team, and to add I eventually won the CL with them whilst only spending 53million on my final set of players.

I recommend leagues in Holland, France, Spain and Germany, but make sure you use mods to add more leagues or else your B team will find it hard to develop. But when you wanna stockpile in a RTG, don't even think of spending unless you really have too.

That is true, however I love the fact that Ajax, Utrecht, AZ and PSV have a b-team that is in the second division. You keep on training the best of the best, while giving them proper resistance.