ZaZ - Blue 3.0 RPM

Blue 3.0 RPM (aka Blue DM) is a high intensity tactic based on the successful Blue 3.0 from FM21.

When in possession, inverted wing-backs cut inside to become midfielders while shadow striker becomes a third striker. Deep lying playmaker is one of the most important players, holding position to cover defensively and offer a short option for passing. Goals are scored from inside the box and are distributed evenly between advanced forwards and shadow striker, with assists distributed evenly between middle and flanks.

tactic.thumb.png.96c50e440d1adabd316d5ac2f93c5faf.pngsquad.thumb.png.1802a76bcc06a17f3c196e3efa86f6cf.png

1587085531_league1.thumb.png.e041504846bddca9445382291154f4d9.png1259748660_league2.thumb.png.0ace1f6f3f1395aefa0147ef9e69019a.png

312604546_league3.thumb.png.21fe8deafbf88d8d0c9ee04cefc8ac8b.png1728866898_league4.thumb.png.c847322f04fbe60a8dbb583b92e2f4df.png

Important Attributes

Spoiler

I recommend dividing attributes in three tiers to compare players. Use lower tiers only to break ties of uper tiers.
- Tier 1: pace and acceleration.
- Tier 2: stamina, anticipation, jumping reach, dribbling (offensive players), work rate (defensive players).
- Tier 3: all other attributes.

Preferred Foot

Spoiler

Same foot as side for BPD, DW and AF. It doesn't matter much for other positions.

Role Ability

Spoiler

Role ability, or the stars showing how good a player is in his role, can be safely ignored. It's just cosmetic, showing the opinion of your assistant manager based on current ability and the role attributes. It's always gonna be low for IWB using the same foot as side, or DW with low defending attributes, despite making no difference in performance.

Remember, the important attributes are not the ones highlighted in a player role, but those that actually impact performance as you can see in the FM-Arena table for attributes ratings.

Opposition Instructions

Spoiler

Empty. Feel free to change if you know what you are doing, but don't listen to your assistant manager.

Squad Management

Spoiler

To be successful in football manager, you need to manage your team's playing time, which affects happiness, match sharpness, fatigue (can only be seen with sports scientist) and condition. Happiness and sharpness are managed by making sure each player is getting enough minutes, while fatigue and condition are managed by avoiding giving more minutes per week than they should play. Note that you can use friendlies and reserve matches to keep players sharp, but those matches have no effect on happiness.

My suggestion to manage the squad properly is to add two columns to selection info: "fitness and injuries > fatigue" and "stats (general) > general > games missed in a row". You can do that by right clicking any column name in squad screen, e.g., name, position, and selecting insert column. Make sure you don't use players with high fatigue and don't let any player reach too many games missed in a row (between 3 to 5 depending on your squad size).

After matches in tight weeks, you can rest the most tired players from training so they can recover condition to the next match. To do so, select any players you want to rest, then right click, training > rest > 1 or 2 days. That should be enough to have your most important players in shape for big matches.

Morale is another characteristic that needs management. The easiest way to increase morale is by winning, but you can also praise last (official) match, recent form (last 5 games) and training level, as well as criticize the same things. I recommend praising anyone with rating above 9 and criticize anyone with rating below 6. After defeats, I recommend complimenting any player with recent form or training with rating 8.1+.

Finally, you also need to manage complacency and anxiety. That is usually done through team talks and shouts. The effect is based on players hidden status and match odds, but some talks and shouts are usually more positive than others. For example, praising a winning team with shouts usually gives positive response, as well as encouraging your team when not winning (losing or tie).

For team talk, I usually prefer to relieve pressure telling them to play their natural game, then tell them individually that I have faith on them. At half time, I praise them if winning by at least two goals, otherwise I tell them I'm not happy. After match, I praise them for victories, tell them I'm unhappy when we don't win and sometimes warn against complacenty after big wins. Keep in mind that you should be a little bit lighter with your team against stronger opponents.

Changelog

Spoiler

From Blue 3.0 (FM21):
- IWB-Su > IWB-At.
- CM-At > SS-At.
- SS-At (x2) > AF-At (x2).
- DLP-Su > RPM-Su
- Minor changes in set pieces.

Light Blue 3.0 RPM is a tactic to save energy and avoid bookings. It's supposed to be used when you have a comfortable lead, like at least two goals of advantage. It has worse performance than Blue 3.0, but it can save enough energy for you to dominate again with Blue 3.0 in case your advantage is reduced. It will also make your condition better for the whole season.

Leave a comment below if you liked the tactic and make sure to share your results. Enjoy!

ZaZ - Blue 3.0 RPM.fmfZaZ - Light Blue 3.0 RPM.fmf

Edited by ZaZ

Using it from more than the half of the season (earlier was using my custom gegenpress tactic which was very solid defensively but not performing on attack). Squad is far away from being elite (maybe Farina that I poached from River is awesome) - most signings were cheap. I love it so far, it produces a lot - still being quite solid in defence (but you need fast guys). I am also using your training proposal.

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

4.jpeg

5.jpeg

Edited by Lewis Stewart

49 minutes ago, Lewis Stewart said:
Spoiler

Using it from more than the half of the season (earlier was using my custom gegenpress tactic which was very solid defensively but not performing on attack). Squad is far away from being elite (maybe Farina that I poached from River is awesome) - most signings were cheap. I love it so far, it produces a lot - still being quite solid in defence (but you need fast guys). I am also using your training proposal.

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

4.jpeg

5.jpeg

Thank you for testing! I hope your season goes well and you can still snatch that title. Good luck!

Yes :) took over them mid season last year (in game) - moved them from 19th to 8th, so title would be nice, but no pressure at all :) Nevertheless - the tactic is really great. Lot of fun and action.

Edited by Lewis Stewart

3 hours ago, ednab said:

Thanks for your tactic.

What do you advice to change when a player is sent off and what different instructions has the light blue tactic (playing on xbox edition)?

Light Blue has all players with ease off tackles, stay on feet, slow pace down, cautious mentality and low tempo (25%).

If someone is sent off, remove the SS. Also, when winning by at least two goals, change to Light Blue so you get less yellows (and reds).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/02/2022 at 20:28, ImDaWeasel said:

Best tactic this edition for me. Nothing much else comes close to it. 

Seen your update this week. Might give it a go but would be hard to beat the original blue.

Thanks again for the great work.

Thank you! Glad to be of help to the community!

• 2 weeks later...

sorry, my English is bad

ZaZ, tell me please.

В 21.12.2021 в 10:42, ZaZ сказал:

Role ability, or the stars showing how good a player is in his role, can be safely ignored. It's just cosmetic, showing the opinion of your assistant manager based on current ability and the role attributes. It's always gonna be low for IWB using the same foot as side, or DW with low defending attributes, despite making no difference in performance.

Remember, the important attributes are not the ones highlighted in a player role, but those that actually impact performance as you can see in the FM-Arena table for attributes ratings.

В 21.12.2021 в 10:42, ZaZ сказал:

I recommend dividing attributes in three tiers to compare players. Use lower tiers only to break ties of uper tiers.
- Tier 1: pace and acceleration.
- Tier 2: stamina, anticipation, jumping reach, dribbling (offensive players), work rate (defensive players).
- Tier 3: all other attributes.

1. it means for the AF, SS, DW/AW should be: (pace, acceleration) >(stamina, anticipation, jumping reach, dribbling) > (all other attributes) ?

2. in the FM-Arena table for attributes ratings (21) stamina, work rate, jumping reach, anticipation affect less than Agility, Morale, Playing Position Rating and others. Your message was later, does this mean that fm -arena has outdated data?

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/03/2022 at 15:25, kasap84 said:

sorry, my English is bad

ZaZ, tell me please.

1. it means for the AF, SS, DW/AW should be: (pace, acceleration) >(stamina, anticipation, jumping reach, dribbling) > (all other attributes) ?

2. in the FM-Arena table for attributes ratings (21) stamina, work rate, jumping reach, anticipation affect less than Agility, Morale, Playing Position Rating and others. Your message was later, does this mean that fm -arena has outdated data?

Sorry for the late answer. Some guy from China made a very robust test with machine learning for this tactic and found out the most important attributes are the ones presented in the table below.

Important Attributes (ykykyk05251).png

В 18.03.2022 в 09:42, ZaZ сказал:

Sorry for the late answer. Some guy from China made a very robust test with machine learning for this tactic and found out the most important attributes are the ones presented in the table below.

Thanks. Which option do you think is better?

1. For attributes 80-100 from the table, set the filter to 10, for example. For 60-75 the value is 9 (-1). For 35-55, the value is 8 or 7. And increase or decrease all attributes in the filter at the same time, depending on the level of the club and the number of players who are ready to join us.

2. Include in the filter all 50/60 attributes from the table that are needed for a specific position

I understand that there is no exact answer, but I would like to hear your opinion on how best to configure the attribute filter

• 4 weeks later...
On 19/03/2022 at 21:11, kasap84 said:

Thanks. Which option do you think is better?

1. For attributes 80-100 from the table, set the filter to 10, for example. For 60-75 the value is 9 (-1). For 35-55, the value is 8 or 7. And increase or decrease all attributes in the filter at the same time, depending on the level of the club and the number of players who are ready to join us.

2. Include in the filter all 50/60 attributes from the table that are needed for a specific position

I understand that there is no exact answer, but I would like to hear your opinion on how best to configure the attribute filter

Like you said, there is no exact answer. Filters from Premier League are completely different from those from Vanarama North, and even the proper filter might need some tweak to reveal enough players. What I usually do is to set 9 + (value/25) for values starting at 25, so it's 13 for 100, 12 for 75, 11 for 50 and 10 for 25. Then I might tweak numbers up or down if I'm not satisfied with results.

• 2 weeks later...
В 11.04.2022 в 09:10, ZaZ сказал:

Like you said, there is no exact answer. Filters from Premier League are completely different from those from Vanarama North, and even the proper filter might need some tweak to reveal enough players. What I usually do is to set 9 + (value/25) for values starting at 25, so it's 13 for 100, 12 for 75, 11 for 50 and 10 for 25. Then I might tweak numbers up or down if I'm not satisfied with results.

Thanks!