Manager's contract

• SI Staff
3 hours ago, Timmy0816 said:

I think I will be great to add managers contract to the game. It makes the game more real other than waiting to get sacked or resign. 

By all means imagine you have a contract if you want to - until it has an actual affect in game I don't think it's worth including I'm afraid.

(If you can explain 'why' it would make the game better to you apart from I like the idea, then I'll consider it for a future version)

20 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

By all means imagine you have a contract if you want to - until it has an actual affect in game I don't think it's worth including I'm afraid.

(If you can explain 'why' it would make the game better to you apart from I like the idea, then I'll consider it for a future version)

From my point of view Marc, I think having contracts for a specific lengths of times with specific objectives and specific salaries, and realistic salaries could add a lot of realism to the game (if done correctly). It could influence how much a club will tolerate you (e.g. they can't afford to pay off your contract so they tolerate you for longer than if you were nearing the end). It's also a good metric for deciding which club to manage, if you're playing a career where you decide this is important. 

I simulate my decisions on this sort of thing by considering the club's total wage budget (the larger it is, the larger they would be paying me)..

I see this coming up quite a lot on this forum so it seems to be quite a desired thing. You have previously made the point that there is nothing practical for the manager to spend their money on but for me its just a representation of your success as a manager. Ultimately it's a nice to have but it's just a detail. I can understand if you think there are better things to concentrate on, especially as getting this right would not be straight forward.

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, ElliottMS said:

From my point of view Marc, I think having contracts for a specific lengths of times with specific objectives and specific salaries, and realistic salaries could add a lot of realism to the game (if done correctly). It could influence how much a club will tolerate you (e.g. they can't afford to pay off your contract so they tolerate you for longer than if you were nearing the end). It's also a good metric for deciding which club to manage, if you're playing a career where you decide this is important. 

I simulate my decisions on this sort of thing by considering the club's total wage budget (the larger it is, the larger they would be paying me)..

I see this coming up quite a lot on this forum so it seems to be quite a desired thing. You have previously made the point that there is nothing practical for the manager to spend their money on but for me its just a representation of your success as a manager. Ultimately it's a nice to have but it's just a detail. I can understand if you think there are better things to concentrate on, especially as getting this right would not be straight forward.

I can see the 'you're slightly less sackable' perspective - but in my experience from working on FM PC this just causes people playing the game to be less and less realistic - thus breaking the game immersion badly imho, eg. my Premiership Eastbourne Town Manager on FM PC is earning 500 quid a week because I keep the wage as low as possible so that it gives me the least financial impact to the club, suffice to say that my real-life contract is negotiated slightly differently ;) 

I won't say it'll 'never' be done on FMM - but it isn't an area I'm looking at in the short-term for the reasons I've indicated.

PS.- Objectives are something which I believe we could expand in the future.

19 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

I can see the 'you're slightly less sackable' perspective - but in my experience from working on FM PC this just causes people playing the game to be less and less realistic - thus breaking the game immersion badly imho, eg. my Premiership Eastbourne Town Manager on FM PC is earning 500 quid a week because I keep the wage as low as possible so that it gives me the least financial impact to the club, suffice to say that my real-life contract is negotiated slightly differently ;) 

I won't say it'll 'never' be done on FMM - but it isn't an area I'm looking at in the short-term for the reasons I've indicated.

PS.- Objectives are something which I believe we could expand in the future.

The low wage exploit is an issue. Could we get around it by making it so that players don't respect a manager who is earning less than them? Or just straight up have the club say they won't pay less than a certain amount (which you can only find by negotiating)? I guess that should be looked at in the pc game first though!

Thanks for engaging on so regularly this forum by the way, it's really appreciated. Except maybe by your wife :lol:

• 2 years later...

Hi, will football manager mobile version add manager contact similarly to the pc version? I think football manager mobile is nice easy for me always on the move n loving FM. But FMM once im employed i just waiting to be sack or change to new club. PC version give the choice to recontact with new vision for the club we at... and thank you guys for doing all the hard work up till now i really enjoy playing FMM

• SI Staff
3 hours ago, pisyoung32 said:

Hi, will football manager mobile version add manager contact similarly to the pc version? I think football manager mobile is nice easy for me always on the move n loving FM. But FMM once im employed i just waiting to be sack or change to new club. PC version give the choice to recontact with new vision for the club we at... and thank you guys for doing all the hard work up till now i really enjoy playing FMM

At present I've no huge plans to implement 'manager contracts' - this is largely because they have next to no effect in the PC game and there is no way to actually spend the money or similar within it (if I implement one long-term then it'd probably have to have a related 'title/reputation' along-side it which would impact how clubs and players view you, I'm not a huge fan of putting stuff into the game if it doesn't have a 'real' effect). As mentioned previously in the PC game all most users do is simply negotiate the lowest deal possible so as to not impede the clubs income.

The club 'vision' will probably appear at some point, although my expectation is that it'll be part of a larger revamp of club confidence and allow you more of a view of how your board, players, supporters view you - which might sometimes conflict.