Exporting Part of a League File

Al Clark

• SI Staff

Looking for some help , I'm trying to find a way to export part of an existing .fmf file (a number of clubs and leagues/divisions) that I want to work on separate from a larger, older file, so that in turn it can be re-added to a larger USA file that has updated rules for FM22 (or later versions).

Is there a way to do this at all?  The reason I need it is because the rules of the last file (from FM20) aren't relevant now due to changes in US soccer (we have completely new teams pop up, and even have a new league next year).  As such, the file is massive and has a lot of extraneous stuff year to year as it's typical for these community files to put in future expansion, or speculative stuff that isn't 100% accurate.

I basically want to get everything from a competition out (Comps, Clubs, Awards) and then put into a fresh loaded DB.  It will make year-to-year updates significantly easier and less errors.  Doing the work - which involves some 200+ clubs - is an enormous undertaking that simply isn't viable to do annually without keeping a file separate.

Any instructions, ideas or work arounds would be greatly appreciated.  Only thought I've had so far is to go back through and removed the other 50,000 odd changes, which isn't exactly appealing either.

Happy Holidays/Merry Christmas!