Created a UEFA Cup but I want to add teams that have been knocked out of the Europea Conference

MJB1986

I've created a UEFA Cup as a fourth tier competition and it's been simple getting the lower teams from the league to qualify by simply clicking ignore qualified teams from the Champions League, Europea League and Conference. However I want to have it where when it's the playoff round in the Europa Conference the losing teams go straight into the UEFA Cup and I want to make it where if a team finishes third in the Europa Conference group, they qualify for the UEFA Cup. Does anyone have any ideas what I need to do to accomplish both of these things. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated!

4 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Check the Carlito files for the UEFA revival. They have many versions of how this can be done.

To be able to do this I need to get into the advanced rules for the Europea Conference. Do you or does anyone know how to do this? When I go onto advance club contiential rules and add the Champions League, Europea League and Conference it takes me to the very basic point where I've got to fill in all the details like how many teams, exact dates for the fixtures and so on. It's like I am creating new tournaments. Sure there's got to be a simpler way to get into the advanced rules for those 3 cups with the details already there. For example if I click on Nation Rules and choose England the details of the fixtures, rules, teams and prize money is already there. How can I get that for the Champions League and Europa League and Conference.

Screenshots of FM22 Trouble Getting into Advanced Rules or the Champions League and so on.docx

9 horas atrás, MJB1986 disse:

To be able to do this I need to get into the advanced rules for the Europea Conference. Do you or does anyone know how to do this? When I go onto advance club contiential rules and add the Champions League, Europea League and Conference it takes me to the very basic point where I've got to fill in all the details like how many teams, exact dates for the fixtures and so on. It's like I am creating new tournaments. Sure there's got to be a simpler way to get into the advanced rules for those 3 cups with the details already there. For example if I click on Nation Rules and choose England the details of the fixtures, rules, teams and prize money is already there. How can I get that for the Champions League and Europa League and Conference.

Screenshots of FM22 Trouble Getting into Advanced Rules or the Champions League and so on.docx 2 MB · 0 downloads

Hey!

I've used Carlito's file 41, which has a system of Champions League » Europa » Conference » UEFA Cup. Unfortunately, File 41 drops the fourth place of the Champions league group stage to the UEFA knockout rounds instead of the third Conference league place, plus the teams that lose the playoff round of the conference league are knocked out of european competitions.

I've changed it so that now the third placed teams in the Conference league are the ones that go to UEFA and also tied the playoff rounds before the Conference group stages so that teams who lose drop down to UEFA. To do this, I've removed one of the two teams that entered the UEFA cup from the first 27 best league.

The end result is that a lot of minor European champions get a decent chance of still reaching a group stage, as well as a lot of weaker leagues. This makes the UEFA Cup a very interesting competition of minor league top teams vs some heavyweights which inevitably drop down. 

This is something that is relatively pratical to change if you study the files for a bit. Unfortunately, I didn't buy FM21, so this modification was for Carlito's File 41 from Football Manager 2020.

In theory, if you import this into this year's editor, it should work. However, I've also made some changes so that the other cups provide more money than regularly (it's a personal mod to use with friends so balance or realism was never a concern), but you can use this file to understand how the rules for qualification and competition drops work.

If you have any questions, please let me know!

69692831_UEFARevivalpersonaloctavio7.fmf

10 hours ago, WEED GOKU said:

Hey!

I've used Carlito's file 41, which has a system of Champions League » Europa » Conference » UEFA Cup. Unfortunately, File 41 drops the fourth place of the Champions league group stage to the UEFA knockout rounds instead of the third Conference league place, plus the teams that lose the playoff round of the conference league are knocked out of european competitions.

I've changed it so that now the third placed teams in the Conference league are the ones that go to UEFA and also tied the playoff rounds before the Conference group stages so that teams who lose drop down to UEFA. To do this, I've removed one of the two teams that entered the UEFA cup from the first 27 best league.

The end result is that a lot of minor European champions get a decent chance of still reaching a group stage, as well as a lot of weaker leagues. This makes the UEFA Cup a very interesting competition of minor league top teams vs some heavyweights which inevitably drop down. 

This is something that is relatively pratical to change if you study the files for a bit. Unfortunately, I didn't buy FM21, so this modification was for Carlito's File 41 from Football Manager 2020.

In theory, if you import this into this year's editor, it should work. However, I've also made some changes so that the other cups provide more money than regularly (it's a personal mod to use with friends so balance or realism was never a concern), but you can use this file to understand how the rules for qualification and competition drops work.

If you have any questions, please let me know!

69692831_UEFARevivalpersonaloctavio7.fmf 34.23 kB · 1 download

Thanks for the link, I appreciate your help. Sadly, though it doesn't work on FM22 but thank for trying anyway!

• 2 weeks later...

Could you just do multiple stages? The earlier one will get teams from the Europa Conference (but first "ignore teams" set to 64 or whatever from that competition) so it gets the playoff losers, and then in a later stage with a later draw date, "ignore teams" set to, say, 32 if that's how many teams are left that you want to leave out

Edited by themodelcitizen