(FM 2022) B Team players aren´t developing

Hello everyone,

I am managing Porto in Portuguese League and I want to build a team focusing on my youth team players. My U19 team players are developing well but my B team players don´t develop, in fact they are loosing attributes.

I don´t know why this happens because I always hire the best staff I can get and have the youth training facilities in maximum level.

If someone knows how I can resolve this problem please help me. 

I am having this problem in the last 3 or 4 FM games (2020,2021,2022).

Thanks.

I cant guarantee the best answer cause I usually leave training to my coaches too, but I can recommend this:
- Are all the Portugal leagues loaded(FC Porto B will usually be in Second Division). If you don't have the right divisions loaded, Porto B are unlikely to appear in an active division, meaning it's just friendlies for them.
- Are the coaches you currently have got good stats(For FCP a 11/12 for a B team is good enough, possibly even up to 15 in appropriate coaching stats)
- Training > Coaches > Edit Coaching Assignments. Because what good will any of your coaches do if you haven't assigned any of the drills to them. Assign each drill to their advantages and don't leave too many drills to yourself.
- In the same training column, go to "Rest" and look at the Training Intensity Schedule column. Id suggest coming from the right(90 percent condition) towards the left(Very Poor Condition) try Double Intensity, Normal Intensity, Half Intensity, Half Intensity, No pitch work.
- Also there is mentoring but I don't tend to utilise it often cause I look for personality in scouting players and the Head of Youth Development. However, if used correctly it has great effects.

It would also be a good time to say that for leagues which don't cap players registered, you can stock fringe players into the B team IF they aren't in a league, and then utilise them if your team runs into injury or suspension issues, and you can even sell them for a few hundred thousand - million pounds at the end.(Because of my gegenpressing-possession tactics I found out as useful, I obviously had injuries and suspensions. It worked when I won the Champions league with Red Star FC, in which my B team weren't assigned to a active league, and I can use B team players in league matches with the club I'm playing with now (Torremolinos, promoted to Segunda Division B5 in D1). I did add the Tercera Division by mods to increase the chance of my B team appear in an active league(Which hopefully will happen by S4.) 

B Teams are a pain to deal with but if you're players aren't developing, you got to use your intuition and find out how in other ways you can utilise them best. If you do want to use the method of stocking players in the B team to sell on for money, then make sure you spend as little money as possible in bringing players in.