Clubs Keep Putting in 'non-negotiable' Future Sale %

B80

Hey all,

Not sure if this a thing on Xbox versions only, but when I suggest price when 1st approaching (always just price), not necessarily when offering less than value either, clubs will regularly suggest  future sale % and annoyingly lock it as non negotiable.  Real pain, particularly when other sides bidding.

I hate this clause and never want to include it. I don;t mind if they lock other clauses (which they rarely seem to care about or ask for anyway). Anyone else notice this and how to minimize?

If the answer is offer a few million more, I'd rather do that tbh. Maybe I'll save game before trying to buy some players and just offer a bit more to see if that's what it takes.

Edited by B80

• B80 changed the title to Clubs Keep Putting in 'non-negotiable' Future Sale %
  • Administrators

It's pretty common in modern football for teams to include sell on clauses when selling players, especially to bigger clubs when there's a chance of a future sell on. The easiest way around it would be to offer them substantially more in the original bid so they're happy to accept rather than negotiate any further - but of course could end up that you're overpaying. 

Personally I look at it a bit like if there's a future sell on included, the player will have had to have played well enough for me to warrant selling them on for a decent fee. 

1 hour ago, Neil Brock said:

It's pretty common in modern football for teams to include sell on clauses when selling players, especially to bigger clubs when there's a chance of a future sell on. The easiest way around it would be to offer them substantially more in the original bid so they're happy to accept rather than negotiate any further - but of course could end up that you're overpaying. 

Personally I look at it a bit like if there's a future sell on included, the player will have had to have played well enough for me to warrant selling them on for a decent fee. 

yes have tried that and removing from negotiations as mentioned by poster after you - seems to be working so far. I'm confident most players are going to go for at least what I pay for them down the line and cash rich,  so would rather pay a few mill up top for these potential 'wonderkids' than lose 10's of millions if selling further down the line.

55 minutes ago, dieu said:

If you put in the clause when you make the initial bid you can then remove it and exclude it from negotioations.

image.thumb.png.81bf4760afba0f7ebc760c4c035e2190.png

think thats exactly what I'm looking for - cheers mate. clubs negotiating, but now coming back with after x goals, league appearances etc, which I much prefer to the sell on clause.

43 minutes ago, turnip said:

To be fair, I try to insist on this clause with anyone I have to sell who I think has talent. I usually aim for 50% though, because I'm greedy.

So do I! And they usually accept it.