In-Depth Post Match Review + New Teachability attribute

cowbei

The one thing that will revolutionise FM will be being able to assemble snippets of the previous match for a team review. For example, being able to single out a 1 v 1 situation your player failed to score and then have the option to ‘teach’ the player/team on the preferred move using a list of options (e.g. move closer to the goal before shooting), which the player acknowledges. If it is a cross situation, give the option of drawing on the screen where you would like the player to cross and the spot that you would like him to aim to. The player will then work on this precise feedback and the ME algorithm will lower the chance of repeating the previous action in subsequent matches and increase the probability of executing the desired action. 

Implementing this would make training less random and frustrating, and save players with Low mental stats from doom. You can also see results happening as soon as the next game rather than some indeterminate time in the future, as it is with player traits.

It can even be tied to CA and PA changes (especially decision making) so that player development can be more dynamic. (I.e. a specific correction that results in a boost in match rating in subsequent games will directly increase CA and PA by the same amount). This change can also solve the issue of the absence of possibility of late bloomers in the game, and gives more chance for managers to directly influence gameplay.

A side suggestion would be to add a hidden Teachability or Receptiveness attribute for players. Players with high teachability will remember and execute your post match reviews better, while players with Low teachability might listen once or twice then revert to type, or might feel offended with too much hands-on training.

I’m suggesting these improvements because I am sick and tired of my players doing the same crap over and over and over again and being unable to pinpoint the problem directly in training, and also the fact that a crap player will always stay crap in FM. Just having player traits and training modules are too vague and arbitrary and this feature will overcome the hidden hand of the algorithms.

Most of all, this is the one thing that can enable a Jamie Vardy in game.

Edited by cowbei

• 2 months later...