Number of coaches

Can someone explain what is the reason why game strictly denies me to increase number of coaches? I have reputation of my club (Udinese) increased to 4 stars, I have 180M on my bank account but I cannot agree with my board to have one more coach allowed (now it is 9 so I can't even have 1 coach for 1 training route). I was begging my board to increase the limit 2 years but now I've lost the hope. What are the weird reasons to make player suffer from this? If we imagine real football club - would it really be a problem if manager (successful one) will request plus one coach?

Well, I was patient for 2 years with no progress. But question is: should it really be so tough according to unknown reasons? I was thinking that idea of FM is to accurately simulate football life. But when board has no problem if I sign 5 players with wage 400k/m but it is out of discussion if I want to sign one coach with wage 10k? What is logical explanation for this?

On 30/12/2021 at 23:17, Vlotsk said:

Well, I was patient for 2 years with no progress. But question is: should it really be so tough according to unknown reasons? I was thinking that idea of FM is to accurately simulate football life. But when board has no problem if I sign 5 players with wage 400k/m but it is out of discussion if I want to sign one coach with wage 10k? What is logical explanation for this?

I'd agree with this statement; why would a board refuse a "successful" managers request for additional coaches, but offer multi million pounds worth of cash to inject new players into the team or upgrade the wages of existing players by far more than circa £10k per week?  If they are worried about you leaving and the club being stuck with a coach on a long term contract then couldn't we just instead have restrictions on the contract that can be offered?

Regarding staff and slight off topic; but can we start to have staff accept dual roles please?  When starting up the game there are quite a few who are assigned dual roles, but I am yet to get anyone to accept a dual role.  Allowing staff the option to accept a dual role would be a decent work around for the issue stated by the OP.

On 31/12/2021 at 01:56, Vlotsk said:

Can someone explain what is the reason why game strictly denies me to increase number of coaches? I have reputation of my club (Udinese) increased to 4 stars, I have 180M on my bank account but I cannot agree with my board to have one more coach allowed (now it is 9 so I can't even have 1 coach for 1 training route). I was begging my board to increase the limit 2 years but now I've lost the hope. What are the weird reasons to make player suffer from this? If we imagine real football club - would it really be a problem if manager (successful one) will request plus one coach?

Are there any real life clubs with 10 coaches for the first team?

On 31/12/2021 at 02:17, Vlotsk said:

I let the actual billionaire who owns a real team answer it:

“There has never been a layoff here. I just want to understand (staffing decisions). People love to build fiefdoms. The reason I’ve never gotten in trouble in tough times is because I run an efficient organization."

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/rockets/article/Tilman-Fertitta-determined-to-do-whatever-it-13853558.php

Edited by nully29

15 hours ago, nully29 said:

Are there any real life clubs with 10 coaches for the first team?

Well, we cannot compare real life coaches with weird mechanic involved in FM. This mechanic requires 1 coach per 1 training route in other case efficiency is reduced dramatically. Why it is so? If I have coach which is good in attacking and possession - why he is losing 1 star in case he works both? Does game suppose he works on both simultaneously? Cannot he teach ATT in the morning and POSS in the evening?
This might explain why real clubs do not need 10 coaches, I wouldn't ask for 10 as well if only I can use one guy effectively on couple of routes in same time.

7 hours ago, Vlotsk said:

Well, we cannot compare real life coaches with weird mechanic involved in FM. This mechanic requires 1 coach per 1 training route in other case efficiency is reduced dramatically. Why it is so? If I have coach which is good in attacking and possession - why he is losing 1 star in case he works both? Does game suppose he works on both simultaneously? Cannot he teach ATT in the morning and POSS in the evening?
This might explain why real clubs do not need 10 coaches, I wouldn't ask for 10 as well if only I can use one guy effectively on couple of routes in same time.

But do AI clubs employ 10 coaches? I haven't seen anything like that. So in the FM world you are not supposed to have 10 coaches.

2 hours ago, nully29 said:

But do AI clubs employ 10 coaches? I haven't seen anything like that. So in the FM world you are not supposed to have 10 coaches.

PC is very bad in coach management so I rather wouldn't take it as an role model. Here are values from my save (all numbers related to  senior squad):

Inter (total = 7)
- Assistant
- 3 GK coaches
- 1 Fitness coach
- 2 Coaches
Man City (total = 11)
- Assistant
- 3 GK coaches
- 3 Fitness coaches
- 4 Coaches
Barcelona (total = 4)
- 2 Assistants
- 1 GK coach
- 1 Fitness coach
- 0 Coaches

On 04/01/2022 at 04:47, C0bbl3rs said:

Regarding staff and slight off topic; but can we start to have staff accept dual roles please?  When starting up the game there are quite a few who are assigned dual roles, but I am yet to get anyone to accept a dual role.  Allowing staff the option to accept a dual role would be a decent work around for the issue stated by the OP.

You can do this already.  All of my sports scientists in my youth and reserve teams also work as a fitness coach. It knocks a full star off their effectiveness but it also doesn't count towards the official coach count for that squad.  Works great for lowering coaching workloads and the senior team fitness coaches are leading the training anyway. 

In the (much) lower leagues, I've also frequently hired scouts who would also accept a coaching role.  Also doesn't count towards the official coach numbers so it is like getting a free coach.  I've also hired a DoF who served as the U18 manager.  You really need to search around for staff that are willing to serve these dual roles and it tends to get harder as you move up the leagues. 

On 30/12/2021 at 23:56, Vlotsk said:

I think the coach number is somehow related to your club infrastructure: the training + youth facilities. I experienced a similar problem at Dortmund: BVB starts with 9 coaches for the first team and 6 for the U19.

bvb_2021_start.thumb.jpg.5a9dff72aa5a33fea7b5d0c0b5779544.jpg

I request for extra coaches for the first team and got refused. Afterwards, I asked the board to improve the training and the youth facilities. They accepted. After the facilities improvements were finished I asked for more coaches and they allowed me two more for the first team.

bvb_preparation.thumb.jpg.ce7b4a0eee4e200e085dbf27fb63e244.jpg

Also I was allowed to increase the U19 coaches. Starting of the new season brought me an extra coach for each team. Now I have 12 coaches for first team

bvb_2022.thumb.jpg.dc4a8eab2e135b12c21b9e9400bb4b06.jpg

and 8 for the U19 team

bvb_2022_u19.thumb.jpg.7447bf24f5c78071bf721c87ed723a58.jpg

Somehow I cannot make any demands for coaches of the BVB-II team.

Strange that the board keeps rejecting my request to increase the sports scientists. Scouts, Physio numbers can be increased.