Where should I play this guy?

Elitee

1 hour ago, Elitee said:

He's  natural CB, but with only a jumping reach of 10 I don't want him at the back. Currently having him train as a DM as defensive midfielder. Is that the best course of action?  

20220102101059_1.thumb.jpg.7aa884a6353eae1fda1ca5d4226500d4.jpg

Yes, I would say so. Unless you trained his strength to improve his jumping reach significantly.

Why do you need to be really tall or good at jumping when you are good enough at reading the game (Anticipation, Decisions, Positioning all 15) and quick, strong and balanced enough to be in the right position to hold off a striker in the first place. On the deck or in the air, if you are quick enough to get into the right position before the striker there is little they can do to stop you bar fouling you. I would try and get his teamwork and concentration up and use him as a cover defender alongside a better jumper to really maximise the strength of your defence.

• 2 weeks later...

If using 3 CB's i would use him as a WCB-L with training as a LB-WIngback. He is left-footed and his usefulness in the RB position is limited. The Wingback training should improve his technical attributes.dribbling and crossing. In my opinion there are several mental traits that are below par for his CB position. If using standard 4 at the back I would convert him to a LB - Wingback on Support duties. His physicals are excellent and I find that Technical attribute improvements are easier to achieve than mental attributes. As a CB he is going to be a liability on corners both attacking and defending.