Corners counting as key passes

So we know at one point there was a near post corner exploit, even now i still score a fair few from near post corners but nowhere near as many as before, but what i often notice is that whoever is on my corners pretty much always gets a high rating because the corners he takes all count as key passes.

Now, i'm not sure if the pass has to successfully meet a player for it to be counted as a key pass, assuming yes then that implies that there is still something wrong with the accuracy of corners, which is something i do notice as i still get a high frequency of chances from near post corners, if i tell my corner taker to aim for the near post there should be a very high frequency of them just hitting the first defender and likewise a far post corner should be overhit a lot more, as we see regularly in real life.

I'm not sure if it's accurate in real life to count a successful pass from a corner as a key pass or not, but either way something needs patching here because the game is telling me my corner taker is playing out of his skin most games when really that doesn't reflect what's really happening.

Edited by bluehefner

• bluehefner changed the title to Corners counting as key passes

This explains a lot. Long story short, I just completed a season with Man United the other day.

Alphonso Davies ended the season with 78 key passes. Very impressive.

Well, it would be, except Bruno had - exactly - 200 key passes that season. That feels like a lot, but it might not actually be. He took most corners and FKs, as well as being my primary play-maker.