[WIP] [FM22] Australian 3-tier pyramid

Current version: 0.0.3

Released: 2022-01-05

A 3-tier Australian pyramid.

preview.thumb.png.2c98b7e23dade4c925f94185f0dbbe5c.png

(Logos in the APL.zip file attached)

The levels:

1. A-League (professional) - 12 teams

In it's current form, including "playoffs" (Finals Series) but with the bottom 2 spots being relegated to the Australian Premier League

Removed the salary cap and transfer restrictions etc. Trying to make it like other leagues around the world.

2. Australian Premier League (professional) - 16/17 teams

• Australian Premier League - Northern Conference: consisting of teams from NSW (and Northern NSW), QLD and the ACT
  • Australian Premier League - Southern Conference: consisting of teams from VIC, TAS, SA and WA

Mainly consisting of former NSL clubs, the highest reputation clubs have been chosen to start in the APL.

Top 3 teams from each conference qualify for the Finals series. Top 2 teams from the Finals Series promoted to A-League. Bottom team from each conference relegated to the NPL.

3. National Premier Leagues (semi-professional) - 86 teams

• National Premier Leagues - New South Wales
  • National Premier Leagues - Northern NSW
  • National Premier Leagues - Victoria
  • National Premier Leagues - South Australia
  • National Premier Leagues - Western Australia
  • National Premier Leagues - Tasmania
  • National Premier Leagues - Capital Football

Close to its current format. Each state (and Northern NSW) has it's own regional division. The top team from each region (top 2 from NSW and VIC) qualify for the finals series. Top 2 teams from final series promoted to APL.

A-League "B" teams play in their local NPL region, but cannot be promoted. Some secondary state teams (e.g. St George FC) have been added to their local NPL team to replace teams moved to the APL, but otherwise the teams are roughly the same as their real life counterparts.

Cups:

1. FFA Cup - needs a bit of love. Currently a simple knockout competition. Doesn't follow real life in terms of qualification, just chucks a hundred-ish teams in and goes. Will try to match real life as closely as possible in a future version

2. Each state has a cup competition (Football NSW Cup, Canale Cup (QLD), Dockerty Cup (VIC)

Reserves:

A-League "B" teams will play in their local NPL regional division (cannot be promoted).

There is an NPL Reserves competition for each region (e.g. NPL Reserves NSW) that consists of all the starting NPL and APL teams. For example, APL teams such as Sydney Olympic FC, have a reserve team in NPL Reserves NSW, along with the starting NPL teams such as Manly Utd.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

1892478080_ScreenShot2022-01-07at3_03_19pm.thumb.png.77686213f559cc349570ec46f226fdbe.png1364868295_ScreenShot2022-01-07at3_03_34pm.thumb.png.0d00fbebf753a54794fd8e34a3f715a4.png174093391_ScreenShot2022-01-07at3_03_29pm.thumb.png.b2889587534aa8921b61efa02a59d175.png667979644_ScreenShot2022-01-07at3_03_15pm.thumb.png.effc63fcbe7e83bd7e9768cf86aec21d.png

What's in progress:

• Game balance

A-League teams get a bit too much money I think. Tried to make prize money and TV money semi realistic across all 3 divs (in an alternate universe where a Foxtel-like company has invested in showing the second division games etc.). Some APL teams go negative pretty quick, some run at a profit (especially if they get promoted), so the balance there is ok-ish I think. But I'll continue to tweak before a full release.

• FFA Cup

see above

• Data issues

The CA/PA weighting sucks for Australia, and contracts have inconsistent end dates etc. Players at NPL clubs can have CA/PA better than most A-League players. I'll have a go at fixing it. Also have to change all current some current contracts from Part-Time to Full-Time.

Download apl.zip to get the graphics for the new competitions (as well as the required existing ones). A good logo megapack will contain all the relevant clubs.

Let me know if you have any feedback or see any errors, it's my first go at releasing a DB. Enjoy :)

Australian Premier League.fmf

APL.zip

Edited by alex_z

Looks very nice . have not played it yet but look ok when i ran it through for 2 years . Curious though why Izuzu teams are playing in state cups as they would not normally do so but thats just nit picking . 

2 hours ago, alian62 said:

Looks very nice . have not played it yet but look ok when i ran it through for 2 years . Curious though why Izuzu teams are playing in state cups as they would not normally do so but thats just nit picking . 

Thanks mate - no real reason just a decision I made in this alternate(ish) reality. Thought it would be odd after a couple seasons of Promotions/Relegations if some A-League teams played in the state cups and some didn't.