Scouting Youth (Only 18 year olds turning up)

Is there a reason for this? I have 12 scouts on Assignments covering as much as I can. They all have individual Nations to cover and a few are doing specific U18/U19 Leagues in certain countries, I have the conditions for every assignment being 'Must be between the age of 15 & 18' and Scouted Potential ' is at least GOOD'. They NEVER bring back anyone under the age of 18, its literally all 18 year olds. My youth team is not great either, I am playing as AFC Wimbledon.

I have also noticed if you leave the scouting assignment length to 'Ongoing', eventually the assignment goes stale and he wont bring anyone back to you, so you need to reset it.. a few examples below

England  Assignment.. Between 15 and 18 and at least 'Good' Potential. Not brought back anyone in 93 days.. and again not found a single player under the age of 18

719617022_scout1.thumb.png.a4c5404bb12a4c38c5327f7d4695f306.png

Central Europe the same, no one coming back thats under the age of 18

1201610468_scout2.thumb.png.1aa2fe3d91b0923f6b5bd118532ce441.png

Under 18s assignment in England..

1771684615_scout3.thumb.png.1829185407cdb1704e76c9189cbf31c3.png

France assignment, again no one is coming back under the age of 18 except one player.

1880213589_scout4.thumb.png.d3655b4b75e9ea3a62610bb7145e419e.png 

Edited by Verby

This has been a problem for me since scouting was revamped in FM18. I set assignments to look for youth prospects under 17, I specifically send scouts to the youth leagues of various nations and I get no reports back.

The funny thing is, if you look at some of the matches the scouts watched and individually scout those players that took part in it; more cases than none, you'll find someone who's good enough for your youth team.

I really don't understand why scouts in the game have a hard time recommending players under 18.

10 minutes ago, obasa_G said:

This has been a problem for me since scouting was revamped in FM18. I set assignments to look for youth prospects under 17, I specifically send scouts to the youth leagues of various nations and I get no reports back.

The funny thing is, if you look at some of the matches the scouts watched and individually scout those players that took part in it; more cases than none, you'll find someone who's good enough for your youth team.

I really don't understand why scouts in the game have a hard time recommending players under 18.

Yeah, a few times I have clicked on the assignment and saw which game he was heading to next, it was England U21s vs Italy U21s and he brought back a 18 year old to me from England. I looked more into the squads and there were two potential world beaters in the Italian Team and two amazing 16 year olds at Nottingham Forest, all 16 years old and they all played well in the game. Its like the scouts just ignore anyone at the age of 15/16.

If this is a bug then it does kind of ruin the scouting for me, I like to only sign youngsters if my scouts bring them back, I don't want to have to manually go through every international youth team and check every 15/16 year old because my scouts are not doing the job I asked them to do. I also like to get a world beater or 2 as young as I can so I can develop them myself and they can become homegrown

Edited by Verby

2 hours ago, Verby said:

Yeah, a few times I have clicked on the assignment and saw which game he was heading to next, it was England U21s vs Italy U21s and he brought back a 18 year old to me from England. I looked more into the squads and there were two potential world beaters in the Italian Team and two amazing 16 year olds at Nottingham Forest, all 16 years old and they all played well in the game. Its like the scouts just ignore anyone at the age of 15/16.

If this is a bug then it does kind of ruin the scouting for me, I like to only sign youngsters if my scouts bring them back, I don't want to have to manually go through every international youth team and check every 15/16 year old because my scouts are not doing the job I asked them to do. I also like to get a world beater or 2 as young as I can so I can develop them myself and they can become homegrown

I can't say whether it's bug because it's been occuring for the past five FMs now. However, I think the best course of action will be to report it using the bug tracker and see what SI have to say about it. I report the issue on last year's bug forum but got no reply on it.

Edited by obasa_G

24 minutes ago, obasa_G said:

I can't say whether it's bug because it's been occuring for the past five FMs now. However, I think the best course of action will be to report it using the bug tracker and see what SI have to say about it. I report the issue on last year's bug forum but got no reply on it.

Yep, thats the exact issue I am getting that you reported last year and got no reply.. shame. I reported it again just now in the tracker so lets hope it can get looked into