Players Value

Sports Interactive boasts of how this edition has improved the behavior on the transfer market.

https://www.footballmanager.com/features/gameplay-upgrades#DD-Sub-Heading-3a

I am asking how, within 3-4 months, the player's value can increase 6 times and sometimes even more? At the beginning of the game, such a Sinisterra is worth 10-15 million €. It is December of the same year and the scout and the agent claim that the club is ready to sell it for a minimum of 60 million € .... There are many more or less extreme examples of this kind. Is something I don't understand or is it just broken?

I have no idea who that is, but if a player is getting game time and playing well, he'll be more valuable to his club than if he isn't. And if a club is in a good financial position, they'll charge even more for players they like. 

At the same time, transfer values do seem a bit finicky and could probably do with a bit of tweaking. They also, crucially, often seem to have no impact on what a club will bid when they make an offer. Which is irritating. 

17 hours ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

also teams don't really want to sell players mid season so values are up during winter transfer window. its best to focus on listed players at that time and try to get unlisted players during the summer.

Ok, I understand that the price is rising because the club doesn't want to get rid of the player during the season, but these changes are too big, unrealistic in many cases. An extreme case that happened to me in 1 of the saves was Jonas Wind from FC kopenhagen valued at over 150 million €!
When I saw it, I made a decision to start a new game ...

Edited by henry80

Also, the first transfer window is when most teams have spent the majority of their transfer budgets, and so teams can't expect as much in exchange for their players. After that, they expect you to have a full transfer budget, and so to pay the actual worth of the players.

11 hours ago, henry80 said:

Ok, I understand that the price is rising because the club doesn't want to get rid of the player during the season, but these changes are too big, unrealistic in many cases. An extreme case that happened to me in 1 of the saves was Jonas Wind from FC kopenhagen valued at over 150 million €!
When I saw it, I made a decision to start a new game ...

If the player doesn't get unsettled, then the management can sell him for as much as they want. They are effectively saying to you the player is not for sale. I had it happen to me and also did it myself to other teams. DON'T buy in December or get ready to splash the cash imho.

8 hours ago, henry80 said:

In reality, no one would resist a transfer of 200% of the player's value in the market in the winter window, and I would agree with this valuation. However, amounts of 600 or 1000% of the value are not realistic.

Based on what facts?

Also you don't have to buy the player. The team is telling you what it will take to give up the player. If you want him, unsettle the player in hopes of a price drop. That's how it works.