Trouble Finishing in the Box

Having real trouble getting my team to convert chances in the box - I think we're creating some decent opportunities mainly, but the finishing just isn't there all too often. One-on-ones get hit into the keeper, or decent looks at goal are sent wide or bounce back off the woodwork. It's getting quite frustrating at this point, as I feel over reliant on worldies or huge slices of luck (e.g. a shot off the post bouncing straight to one of my players with a virtual open goal to score into). We also seem to miss the target an awful lot from corners these days (not something I felt was the case when I started the save).

This problem extends back to season one; I've tried scheduling Chance Conversion training regularly (almost weekly, schedule allowing), but it doesn't seem to make a whole lot of difference.

I'm assuming it's something tactical - the 4-2-3-1 attacking is my main tactic, with a slightly less intense variant, and then a 4-3-3 DM; is my team simply too predictable? Am I overthinking it after a tough start to season 2 (two draws and a loss in opening three games, two lates goals conceded...)?

Screenshot 2022-01-11 at 16.17.55.png

Screenshot 2022-01-11 at 16.21.10.png

Screenshot 2022-01-11 at 16.20.58.png

Small update - shunted my two central midfielders into a more traditional CM position (same roles), and made my AMC an AM (su); played two of the weaker sides in the division after the change, so hard to tell if it's had any meaningful effect yet.

4 minutes ago, mikcheck said:

I think you're being too conservation with your 2 DM roles. Maybe you could make one more adventurous.

That's not the issue he has tho.

I don't think finishing is that great in FM22 bit I've not played with any elite striker. I rely on creating as much chances as I can and eventually they'll score 

What is the Result in Season 1? Won Title? Top 4?

Generally I'd say with a top team Leipzig in a 4-2-3-1 DM you need more something like DLP-S, VOL-A as the DMs especially with another FB-S in the last line. And you play counter while only Lookman is a good counter attacking player.

Edited by FelixCAN

23 hours ago, FelixCAN said:

What is the Result in Season 1? Won Title? Top 4?

Generally I'd say with a top team Leipzig in a 4-2-3-1 DM you need more something like DLP-S, VOL-A as the DMs especially with another FB-S in the last line. And you play counter while only Lookman is a good counter attacking player.

Finished top four (third, to be specific) - so not terrible, but still need to catch Dortmund and Bayern, plus I'd like to improve in Champions League. That's why I was concerned about quality of finishing TBH; games with fine margins need better finishing etc.

I've moved my right CM in to a more traditional CM position (middle of field) and he is set as DLP (su) - then my BWM (de) is a CDM on the left still, to help give cover to attacking wing back etc. 

You can slightly ignore the XI, Lookman is my second choice RW for example (behind Nkunku) - I just wanted to demonstrate my tactic really (albeit I do appreciate I need to have suitable players for the roles I have assigned; this is more or less my core tactic and starting XI now (minus Andre Silve as PF, as he is injured):

Screenshot 2022-01-13 at 15.46.07.png

Edited by duff33